What Book Are You Reading? -- Part V

started reading the High Lord today, the last book in that trilogy

I am currently reading a lot of H.P Lovecraft short stories.
This guy was amazing! :content:

tottally :yes:
Remeber to look if you have “the dream-quest to unkown kadath” in your collection , if not , go download it at www.gutemberg.org (its free , and legal)
its really interesting (LD related too :wink: )

A Briefer… not much news as yet, but it is fun. ^^

I know its a bad habit … (is it :tongue:) i have started to read Robert Jordans New Spring paralell to LOTR now …
interresting comparison acctually

I just finished His Dark Materials, and now I’m working on The Archetypes and the Collective Unconcious (The Collected Works of C. G. Jung)

Eragon and Eldest , two very good books if you are into fantasy.

I love those books - but I have to put up with a lot of crap from people who point out the similarities to Star Wars. It’s worth it. :tongue:

It just irks me that on the map he put a lake called “isen star”… or something LOTR. I personally love the Star Wars archetypal hero cycle. (my friend did a report on that… :grin: )

Just finished “Endymion”. Currently working on a for-school book about writing college application essays. :razz:

Reading David Copperfield right now by Charles Dickens. I like it a fair amount so far :smile:

“An Anarchist Cookbook: Recipes for Disaster”. If mangas and doujinshi’s count, those too. I also finished reading Marilyn Manson’s “Long Hard Road out of Hell” book for like the 4th time, gotta say it’s a great book.

E Myth Mystery
The Paradox Of Lucid Dreaming
Cell Talk
Psychology - A history of
Tommorrow when the war began series
Why do we sleep?
Italian - Learn
Dreams
Conscoius Dreaming
Positive Cash Flow property - Marget Loams
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Guide to Investing
Understanding the stock exchange ( ugh this book is way way too thick)
The Secret
Entrepreneurship American Ed
Accounting for managers
Marketing for mangers
Lockpicking a guide to

To start

How to build riches
conscoius dreaming
life coaching
secrets of young achievers exposed
Real estate 3rd ed
Learn French
A guide to dreaming - Drugs
Dreaming While Awake
How to re program the mind
Brainwave entertainment - The future
The mind
Healing with pressure point therapy

My problem is that I jump around all the time with things, I am reading all of the above books bar the to start section, and to think half the time i think i am dyslexic ( why is that such a strange word to spell if the people who have it cant spell!!) I get bored pretty easy so i will finish the above quickish and move onto the rest in hits all over the shop, anyone got any idea how to keep focused? maybe i should get abook on that

I usually have many books unfinished, what i plan to finish in future. For example, few days ago i continued to read Knut Hamsun’s “Growth of the Soil”, what i started…ummm… i think, 5, or more years ago.

But one thing in my present reading list is (no surprise) JRRT’s “Silmarillion”. I’m reading it second time, and almost done. I started to re-read Hobbit (one of my childhood favourites), LOTR trilogy, and Silmarillion because about a year ago i bought “Unfinished Tales”, and to get to fuller picture i wanted to refresh my memory before i start to read it. If i’m persistent enough i plan to read the full series of Middle Earth History.

I’ve started reading Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series - I just finished The Doll’s House yesterday, in fact.

FANTASTIC stuff :grin: …definitely on par with his novels :yes:

I just got the book “The Myst Reader”. It contains the three books “The Book of Atrus”, “The Book of Ti’ana” and “The Book of D’ni”.

Myst is a computer game and they wrote these books as a back story. I think it’s very good so far (I’m still reading the first one…). If you know and like the game then you will like the book!

“Awareness” by Anthony De Mello

I finished “Epic” and “saga” by Conor Kostick some days ago … really AWESOME !!

“The Art of Spirited Away…”

The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Few days ago i finished Stanislaw Lem’s “Solaris”. I haven’t watched any movie about the book yet, and i’m glad. Dunno would i wanted to read it after watching a movie ;o)