What Book Are You Reading? -- Part V

I just finished His Dark Materials, and now I’m working on The Archetypes and the Collective Unconcious (The Collected Works of C. G. Jung)

Eragon and Eldest , two very good books if you are into fantasy.

I love those books - but I have to put up with a lot of crap from people who point out the similarities to Star Wars. It’s worth it. :tongue:

It just irks me that on the map he put a lake called “isen star”… or something LOTR. I personally love the Star Wars archetypal hero cycle. (my friend did a report on that… :grin: )

Just finished “Endymion”. Currently working on a for-school book about writing college application essays. :razz:

Reading David Copperfield right now by Charles Dickens. I like it a fair amount so far :smile:

“An Anarchist Cookbook: Recipes for Disaster”. If mangas and doujinshi’s count, those too. I also finished reading Marilyn Manson’s “Long Hard Road out of Hell” book for like the 4th time, gotta say it’s a great book.

E Myth Mystery
The Paradox Of Lucid Dreaming
Cell Talk
Psychology - A history of
Tommorrow when the war began series
Why do we sleep?
Italian - Learn
Dreams
Conscoius Dreaming
Positive Cash Flow property - Marget Loams
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Guide to Investing
Understanding the stock exchange ( ugh this book is way way too thick)
The Secret
Entrepreneurship American Ed
Accounting for managers
Marketing for mangers
Lockpicking a guide to

To start

How to build riches
conscoius dreaming
life coaching
secrets of young achievers exposed
Real estate 3rd ed
Learn French
A guide to dreaming - Drugs
Dreaming While Awake
How to re program the mind
Brainwave entertainment - The future
The mind
Healing with pressure point therapy

My problem is that I jump around all the time with things, I am reading all of the above books bar the to start section, and to think half the time i think i am dyslexic ( why is that such a strange word to spell if the people who have it cant spell!!) I get bored pretty easy so i will finish the above quickish and move onto the rest in hits all over the shop, anyone got any idea how to keep focused? maybe i should get abook on that

I usually have many books unfinished, what i plan to finish in future. For example, few days ago i continued to read Knut Hamsun’s “Growth of the Soil”, what i started…ummm… i think, 5, or more years ago.

But one thing in my present reading list is (no surprise) JRRT’s “Silmarillion”. I’m reading it second time, and almost done. I started to re-read Hobbit (one of my childhood favourites), LOTR trilogy, and Silmarillion because about a year ago i bought “Unfinished Tales”, and to get to fuller picture i wanted to refresh my memory before i start to read it. If i’m persistent enough i plan to read the full series of Middle Earth History.

I’ve started reading Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series - I just finished The Doll’s House yesterday, in fact.

FANTASTIC stuff :grin: …definitely on par with his novels :yes:

I just got the book “The Myst Reader”. It contains the three books “The Book of Atrus”, “The Book of Ti’ana” and “The Book of D’ni”.

Myst is a computer game and they wrote these books as a back story. I think it’s very good so far (I’m still reading the first one…). If you know and like the game then you will like the book!

“Awareness” by Anthony De Mello

I finished “Epic” and “saga” by Conor Kostick some days ago … really AWESOME !!

“The Art of Spirited Away…”

The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Few days ago i finished Stanislaw Lem’s “Solaris”. I haven’t watched any movie about the book yet, and i’m glad. Dunno would i wanted to read it after watching a movie ;o)

I just finished reading an autobiography called, Night. The author of the book is Elie Wiesel. Night, is his account, of his life in Auschwitz and in Buchenwald as a teen. This book is listed under Jewish Interest, but I thought it should be of everyone’s interest. It is a part of human history after all, and we must not forget that things like this occur. If we do, we live blindly and nothing will ever change.

Solaris is quite good , i heard an audio dramatisation of it :content:
weird , but interresting *strokes invisible beard

Currently, i’m reading Derren Brown’s Trick of the mind… Not only does it explain almost everything he does in the series with humour and wittiness, it talks about several other things of his interest, like religion, and you can see his often funny views into it.
He tell a lot of personal experiences that have happened to him (my favourite parts of the book :smile:).
A really good book, i really recomend it, good to read before heading to wonderland

i finished Ubik like a month ago and my next one will be The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

PKD is the best Sci Fi writer

Nietzsche: Philosopher, Psychologist, Antichrist, a biography and commentary on Nietzsche’s work by a guy called Walter Kaufmann.

And also: A General Hiſtory of the Robberies and Murders of the moſt notorious Pyrates, a 1924 journalistic piece by some Cap’n Charles Johnson.