First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A)

You need to be able to flow passively without becoming too focused on the HI or SP otherwise you’ll either react to what you are feeling. Continuing you technique should help you do this.

It seems there are two forms of HI, swirling colours and very vivid images. What you describe certainly sounds like one kind of HI. I usually get the swirling colours before the vivid images. I believe it is showing you are on the way to WILDing. :thumbs:

Is it normal to have this about 15 sec into it?

How long it takes depends very much on how tired you are. By the sounds of it you were very tired to get it that quick. :tongue: It is possible, I don’t know about normal though.

I get really really bored and give up because I am too tired anyway to stop this?

its only HI if you are falling asleep and in the hypnagogic state, otherwise its just -I

imagery.

colours and abstract images that are fluid and ever changing could be said to be the energy, geometry, or framework OF dreams, however unless one sees vivid realities they are not useful for entering what we think of as a conventional dream

though the entire screen of images upon the eyelids can become 3 dimensional for us to “step out” and into this sea of flickering objects and colours… this is more like astral projection, and focus here upon specific areas of the body such as the brow point, crown point, throat or heart center will be more useful

whereas if you were to doze off and see a building appear, this is just a normal average dream you can be lucid in, colors are quite a bit different.

hmmm I keep falling asleep! Can’t seem to keep my mind awake by just counting. I’ll try again tomorrow morning…

Anyway it’s a fun tech to try, and at least you feel like you’re doing something!

If you aren’t already you can try WILD in conjunction with WBTB it will help decrease the time it takes you to enter the dream and seems to make it easier for most people to WILD. It seems to improve your chances when it’s combined with any technique.

The basic idea of WILD is to transition from waking to sleeping without losing awareness. You don’t have to use counting, it is only one technique to keep you aware. You could also try visualisation, or FILD to name just two alternatives. :smile:

:woo: Good tip, thanks! Yeah I will have a go at FILD, after all I do play the piano in real life :lol:

I have a question.
When I try to do the wild technique
i cant quite fall asleep im usually just sitting in bed for about 30 minutes and nothing happens
what am i doing wrong?

Try it in the morning. And if you still find it hard to go back to sleep, wake up earlier next time.

ok thx

Im having a problem falling asleep while doing the wild method.
I have tried it in the morning also and still no results.
[/spoiler]While triyng to wild I would relax and then i would feel vibrations and it would feel like i am sinking in my bed or swirling. I start to see somewhat bright abstract images and every once in a while a bright white circle.
But thats as far as i get. Im usually in bed for about 30 minutes.

is there a way to lay that’s better than another? (ex: stomach, back, etc.) because i lay on my side with one arm under my head. i tried WILD and i thought that SP was kicking in because my arm was very tingly, heavy, and i couldn’t move it. but after a copule minutes with nothing happening i realized that my arm felt that way because i was laying on it, and it was falling asleep! so… is there a specific position that generally works using WILD?

from my knowledge off of this website
it says it is best to lay on your back while doing the wild method

The site says that, like ven0m said, lying on your back is best, but I have found that it really doesn’t matter. If it is comfortable, then it should work.
I have a question as well. I realized that I am getting to the fully formed images stage when I let my mind wander a bit, but when I do realize that, I snap out of the random train of thought and the pictures go away. Any way to prevent this from happening? I’m pretty sure I’m getting somewhere, because I can do this pretty quickly by now.

Hey, so can you explain to me how i “enter” the dream…?

Details and everything. Please, thanks.
Also what they do exactly, :smile:.

There us a WILD Q&A topic i think …
anyways , firast you have to realx yourself , start thinking about the place or scene you want to find yourself in , let it become clear before your minds eye.
When you are near enought to being asleep , you can “step into” the scene (that how i do it … hope that makes sense for you too )

Greetz
:truit: everybody sees your postcount below your ava

So, eyes closed or open?

Closed is much better since the point is to concentrate on the inner pictures …
Try to find a comfortable position and : When you try WILD the first couple of times do it after you wake in the morning (this might make it necessary to wake earliyer so you have still some time to dream before going to school)