How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

2nd try :smile: tried WILD first time didnt work to well for me… scary as ***

I red about LD’s in Esquire. I found a lot of webpages about LD’s … So I was trying it and first day I try it I did it :smile:

I have always LD’d…I never knew what it was until I found this site… I’m very lucky actually, its a shame that not everybody can naturally do it…one person at my school paid £299 for a machine that gave him LD’s and it doesn’t work that well either…:sad:

I mixed WILD with MILD

It worked until I chickened out :confused:

I found out about it on www.dreamviews.com, writing a DJ and doing RCs. Had my first one after 3-4 days. It lasted a couple of
seconds and then I had a FA. :angry:

I’d already had several lucid dreams on accident as a kid, and at that time just saw them as a way to occasionally have superpowers. Never really knew about the concept of lucid dreaming, and at the time I didn’t actually think it was possible to dream more than once or twice a month. Yet somehow, I managed to accidentally realize I was dreaming once every year or two. After awhile, one of my dreams really got my interest, and that’s how I ended up finding this site.

Well, first I was on Wikipedia ( :bow: ), looking something up for school. And as such, the temptation of links was irresistible. So, I eventually found the page on lucid dreaming and Googled it (o). Then I found this site. An d have been trying to LD since then.

I am fairly new here, and have had about 6 LDs so far (in the last 6 months or so)
The main thing that led to LDs for me was journaling EVERY dream I had, even if it was just a snippet I could remember. I think this was a BIG bridge to bringing awareness to dreams and “building a bridge” from waking life to dream life. I also fall asleep saying “May I awaken in my dream and grasp the fact that I am dreaming…” to myself. I also think reading this forum helps to get LD-ing into the psyche.
When I don’t do these things I mentioned, the LDs go away.

EDIT: PS Stephen LaBerge’s book is VERY helpful too…

Edited in double post, please use edit. :dragon:

I first was reading up on Astral Projection and was reading bout that and then ended up reading an article on Lucid Dreaming.

I had an LD about two years ago and didn’t know what it was so I googled ‘controlling your dreams’ and then I got here and found the necessary information that I needed to induce my first LD. BTW I use MILD.

During August. I was reading the dreaming entry on wikipedia randomly. I saw a link to lucid dreaming. I clicked it, youtubed it, then ended up here. Ive tried lucid dreaming since kindergarten but I didn’t really understand the concept. Just thought I could fall asleep playing a scenario and then dream about it. But I’ve had a few lucid dreams before visiting this site.

I was eight years old.

I had a dream about being at a crowded picnic.

And just as clearly and suddenly as any thought, I realized I was dreaming. It wasn’t shocking, it wasn’t breathtaking.

It was just a clear and confident feeling of awareness. I casually went around telling my dream characters I knew I was dreaming. They reacted the way most people do when a child has something to say that it’s proud of.

After that, I randomly LD’d but I didn’t know what it was called.

Finally, Stephen LaBerge was in the national news introducing the world to his pioneering of lucid dreaming and his Lucidity Institute.

I took it and ran with it. My mother hated it (as she hates mostly everything) but I didn’t care.

It was a real turning point in my fascination with dreams and I’ve never really quite gotten back to that saturation of interest, that openness to what the LD field promises… much the way we never recapture the sparkle of a first love, or rediscover the wonder of a fairytale when reading it the second time.

its weird because i always tried techniquees

but all my lds came randomly…on days i least suspected it…

Same as TheR, they just came randomly. Hoping getting them randomly would make me have them more often untill I have them every few days or something.

I just basically ate the right foods and drank the right drinks and spoke to someone about the complicated methods to fill my head with knowledge and/or awareness.

I first learnt about lucid dreaming some time last year. i was on a random site, full of topics for school. [eg. maths english] and was doing some revision on maths.

But on the subject list i saw psychology and clicked it [as i had a budding interest in it and planned to take a GCSE in it] and there were many catagories, one called ‘dream patterns and the brain’. i had always been intrigued by my dreams, and gifted to ba able to recall them, so i clicked that, and another few catagories came up. one called ‘lucid dreaming’ [which i had never heard of before] and of course it explained it was being able to control what you dream. well i was shocked and extatic at that.

So for the next few weeks i searched for LD material, learnt all the techniques and was constantly reading anything i could find about it. [however i never found this site. i found this site a few days ago :tongue:.] so yep, thats how i got into LDing.

I sort of gave up for a while cause i wasnt doing the techniques properly but in the end i took it back up after having a random DILD i few months ago sleeping round a friends.

After that i stumbled across this site, and i must say, it really is amazing and so far, after 4 days of joining LD4all i have had 2 LDs :grin:

The first months that I tried Lucid dreaming the Lucid dreams came at random and not as a part of the techniques I was practicing. MILD seamt like a very uncertain and slow techniqe, therefore I went for WILD instead, thinking that it seamt realy cool with its hallucinogen effects and instant high quality lucid dreams.
After months of failure, I decided that WILD was way to hard and that I shoudl try MILD for real. Because the few MILD tries that I had already done was a bit lame, like my view on the techniqe. When I finaly did all the things that was recomended I had 3 Lucid Dreams in a row during the following nights that I repeted the MILD:
Whriting down the dreams, doing WBTB after 6 hour sleep staying up for an hour, thinking alot of lucid dreams and realy whant to have them during this time, when repeating mantra realy put weight on the words, trying to emphasise them.
Alot of this is individual I guess, but the thing that goes for everyone is to realy try to do MILD for a while with alot of dedication and confidence before moving on to other techniqes. Do not be instantly fooled by the seductive but treacherous WILD.

Hmm, sounds so true stinky_alex. WILD is dead hard, and i have had many failed appempts. i guess you have to be experienced enough. plus some people get dead scared when doing WILD, so it doesnt really work for them. i suggest though, whatever technique you use, to use it in conjunction with WBTB, which is by far the best technique.

If I trim most words out of that post,

I think it’s hard to find a post with more negative adjectives anywhere :tongue:

I started trying to LD when I found that it said “Learn to Lucid Dream” in one of the “fortune cookies” you find while playing S.O.U.L.F.U.
Naturally curious, I googled it and came across Wikipedia and this site!

Since then, I’ve only had 2 LDs, and my first one was very short.

S.O.U.L.F.U. Being?

Haha. when you put it that way…

You have alot of time on your hands to realise that … Lol. Your first ones are allways really short. its sh1t but its life =/

My first lucid dream was a long time ago. i just had the gift for them i guess, they happened within short time periods from eachother. It just kinda happened, lol, as in i was dreaming, and then i just suddenly realized i was dreaming, no clues, nothing. i just realized it. but now i want to be able to dwelve within jucid dreams on my own, when i want to. so i searched around and recently found this amazing site, and now i have more methods to work with.