First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A)

Try it in the morning. And if you still find it hard to go back to sleep, wake up earlier next time.

ok thx

Im having a problem falling asleep while doing the wild method.
I have tried it in the morning also and still no results.
[/spoiler]While triyng to wild I would relax and then i would feel vibrations and it would feel like i am sinking in my bed or swirling. I start to see somewhat bright abstract images and every once in a while a bright white circle.
But thats as far as i get. Im usually in bed for about 30 minutes.

is there a way to lay that’s better than another? (ex: stomach, back, etc.) because i lay on my side with one arm under my head. i tried WILD and i thought that SP was kicking in because my arm was very tingly, heavy, and i couldn’t move it. but after a copule minutes with nothing happening i realized that my arm felt that way because i was laying on it, and it was falling asleep! so… is there a specific position that generally works using WILD?

from my knowledge off of this website
it says it is best to lay on your back while doing the wild method

The site says that, like ven0m said, lying on your back is best, but I have found that it really doesn’t matter. If it is comfortable, then it should work.
I have a question as well. I realized that I am getting to the fully formed images stage when I let my mind wander a bit, but when I do realize that, I snap out of the random train of thought and the pictures go away. Any way to prevent this from happening? I’m pretty sure I’m getting somewhere, because I can do this pretty quickly by now.

Hey, so can you explain to me how i “enter” the dream…?

Details and everything. Please, thanks.
Also what they do exactly, :smile:.

There us a WILD Q&A topic i think …
anyways , firast you have to realx yourself , start thinking about the place or scene you want to find yourself in , let it become clear before your minds eye.
When you are near enought to being asleep , you can “step into” the scene (that how i do it … hope that makes sense for you too )

Greetz
:truit: everybody sees your postcount below your ava

So, eyes closed or open?

Closed is much better since the point is to concentrate on the inner pictures …
Try to find a comfortable position and : When you try WILD the first couple of times do it after you wake in the morning (this might make it necessary to wake earliyer so you have still some time to dream before going to school)

moved into Big WILD topic. Also topics titled “hmm…” and similar don’t give any information about what the question will be… Try to choose more descriptive titles

You know that thing that happens when you try to get lucid when you started getting numb feelings and stuff. How close is that to having a LD and does that happen only with WILD

It’s called sleep paralysis, although “numb” is not sleep paralysis, but some steps before
It happens every night, but you don’t remark it, as your mind is already asleep.

Please search fore “close wild ld” in the forums, you’ll find 7483940236 threads were all this has been answered before :smile: it would be easyier, i think.

I think it would be pretty hard to “step into the dream” because your mind knows you are in sleep paralysis. What really happens is that you just let everything flow along while being aware and your body will automaically step in, jump, fly, or swim into the dream. You could also imagine yourself going into the dream with the above methods. Imagination is an important key in WILDs.

can anyone tell me a simple technique for WILD?

yes.

1. time. you can either attempt WILD during a nap, or accompanied with WBTB (5 or 6 1/2 hours after first falling asleep. I would recomend during a nap if you have trouble clearing your mind early in the morning, but it’s a personal preference.

2. lay down and relax. Tense every muscle in your body while breathing deeply. inhale and tense. hold. exhale and feel your muscles release all the tension built up. Like meditation, this step requires you to calm your mind and breathe.

3. Imagine you are on a beach, sitting at the edge of the surf. as you breathe out, imagine you draw a 1 in the sand. When you breathe in, the water comes and washes it away. Breathe in, 2, breathe out. Breathe in, 3, breathe out. Continue this technique as long as you can. When you start to feel like you are losing focus, or if you find this difficult to concentrate on, you can also just focus on and count your breaths, but I find it easiest to visualize a scene.

4.just relax and breathe. in, out, in out. Eventually your body will get very heavy and behind your eye-lids you will start to see colorful patterns. Don’t anticipate this or wait for it, just let it happen.This is HI. Go with it, let it be, don’t focus on the visions too much.

1. At this point you should eventually start experiencing SP. This can frighten a lot of people, but don’t worry, it’s all part of the sleeping process. Just breathe. Never forget to breathe. If you start to wander in your thoughts, just gently (and that’s the key word) bring yourself back to breathing.

2. Keep going with it until you break the barrier, and in the words of jim morrison, break on through to the other side!

3. Enjoy!

I’m a bit scared about the hypnagogic stuff when using WILD. I haven’t actually tried yet (well, once, but I was too fidgety), but I’d probably force myself awake if the sound&vision stuff is as bad as it sounds :sad:

Is it a rare thing like the Old Hag?

Not rare, but probably not as bad as it sounds.

As for me, I’ve never successfully had a WILD since joining (or in my whole life, FTM).

Has anyone got any ideas for me?
My situation:
I go to bed every night (don’t mention WBTB) and repeat to myself a daily-varying mantra. Then I stay perfectly still for a long, LONG time (1hr+), then… fall asleep :sad:

Well, I would suggest listening to music. It should keep you awake, and if you concentrate on listening to it, then you should abandon thoughts that are making your body stay awake when you are trying to fall asleep.
As for staying up for an hour, I would suggest just keep at it. You should eventually be able to control your sleep to a slight degree that will lower that time spent staying still. For example, I started staying up for an hour with no results, and now I am at around half that time seeing the full images, no farther though, which leads me to my question.
What in the world do you do with them? :confused: Just watch em until you find yourself standing inside of it, or what? I’m pretty sure that this is my last hurdle to get over, and then I may be able to pull this off. :grin:
And, I know you said don’t mention WBTB, but it may help you a lot. If you have time, just try to get some practice in when you wake up normally, which shouldn’t be too hard to do on a weekend in the summer…

Hey ive tried WILD a couple times now using the WBTB with it and i cant get past a certain point:

I get to where im very relaxed and my body feels VERY numb and really hard to move, i can see some flashing colors like when you push your fingers on your eyes…But i cant get any further.

Please help.