Studio Ghibli

I actually watched that when it came out! Man … that movie freaked me out.

I know, its all a bit freaky isn’t it…

That was the first one I watched, it’s just completely encaptivated me. I can’t get enough! grins

I’m also a fan of studio Ghibli. What comes from them is always very well done. May I remind you all of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, or cute Kiki, so kawaiiiii :tongue:

Nausicaa is wonderful I agree…and note: my avatar is Jiji!! :tongue: giggles

Yes, I am happy to report I’ve never been disappointed with any of their works.

merged the offtopic posts from starwars into this topic so they became ontopic /Magnus

I really need to buy all the Ghibli movies.

Tundra-is your avatar Kiki’s cat?

YES!!!

I LOVE JIJI!!

ahem

Yes, that is Kiki’s cat… :smile:
I can give you a list of all the Ghibli films if you want. :smile: (not that I’m an addict or anything…)

I know/have seen all of his main ones, however I haven’t finished Island In The Sky. (If thats what it was called)

Laputa Castle in the Sky…I think you mean…

God they’re beautiful.
I’ve forced my parents to watch several…they’re glad I did!! My mum is now addicted to Spirited away and Howls moving castle.
Kiki is still my dad’s favourite!

I completely forgot about Grave of the Fireflies.

That really was a sad movie to watch.

Ah! I haven’t seen that one yet! God, I’ve heard that its really really depressing…that’s the only reason they brought out Totoro, to cheer up people who’ve watched the Grave of the Fireflies!! laughs

The only one I’ve seen was Spirited Away
…I feel left out :sad:

Aw… well they aren’t that expensive I’ve found…

But tell me, you did like spirited away didn’t you?!

lol. Yeah :content:

I’ll try and find the other movies on the interweb.

That’s the one. :smile:

Nobody has mentioned Porco Rosso.

I love Studio Ghibli. My favourites are probably Nausicaa, Spirited Away, and Howl’s Moving Castle. I also love My Neighbour Totoro. The music in the films is brilliant, even the 80s synth trouble music in Nausicaa. The scene in Spirited Away, with the train travelling across the flooded landscape, is perfect.

Yes, yes it is! God I want to see that again. I haven’t seen it in probably a year.

Howl’s Moving Castle?

Is there a Studio Ghibli set one can buy? Like all the movies?

Ah! I love Porco Rosso! It took me a second time to really appreciate it though. I thought it was wonderful, it’s less of a fairy tale and more…well, I know he’s a pig and all but…it’s so: REAL… If that makes sense…

And Lizard King; Howl’s Moving Castle is SPECTACULAR!

I’m not sure if you can buy a box set, but you can get them so cheap from Amazon.

Porco Rosso really makes that kind of lifestyle seem so appealing and romantic. I quite fancy the idea of being a pilot in the Adriatic.

Oohh. I just love the fact that it’s so REAL…everything he does is what would happen in the ‘real’ world.
No extraordinary heroics, just ‘truth’.
It’s not disney in the slightest! :content: