Sigur Ros

Anyone listen to Sigur Ros? If you haven’t heard them… you probably want to check them out… slower and very soothing really , but they do have their own intensity…

I’ve heard it described as… “sounds like the stuff dreams are made up of.” …

my friend first played their album “Takk…” for me a couple of years ago, so I’ll share how that album more or less opens… Glosoli…

youtube.com/watch?v=okLCurB1lJw

The video will probably really appeal to other dreamers… especially the end…

I have Takk, (), and Agaetis Byrjun. I love it all. It’s very relaxed, and sounds like music I could create in my mind. A good starting point for bands more like this.

Such as, Explosions in the Sky.

I haven’t heard Agaetis Byrjun… Takk and () are the two albums I have.

What do you a good starting point?

I’m checking out a Explosions in the Sky now… I’ve never heard of them. My friend who introduced me to Sigur Ros also really likes Mogwai… I listen every once in awhile.

Try, first, Starálfur the actual song. And if you don’t like that, go to Agaetis Byrjun or Ný batterí. You can’t really go wrong here.

Sigur ros is probably one of my favorite progressive rock bands. Truly astounding style.

sigur ros is absolutely beautiful. I’m going to be seeing them next week! explosions is really awesome too, i looove your hand in mine actually that whole cd is amazing.

some other dream-esque bands right up the same alley:
telefon tel aviv (very electronic, but beautiful soundscapes) When it Happens it Moves All by Itself (awesome video)
tristeza stumble on air (video reminds me of a dream)
masarati closer than you know how
the mercury program three songs together, they’re all really good

I hope you guys check them out, they’re some of my favorite bands…

Yes, I love all these post-rock bands…I only just recently got into them though!

I got Mogwai’s “Mr. Beast” and fell in love with it, and Sigur Ros’ “Takk” is great too. I heard someone say God is an astronaut is good, too, but haven’t heard any yet. Haven’t heard any Explosions in the sky either. I’ll listen to all of your YouTube vids and recommendations now. :smile:

Well, I also love Boards of Canada, too! They’re not rock, they’re electronic, but damn, they’re made of pure dream.

yes! boards of canada is nostalgic bliss and definitely very dreamy

I’ve only liked Music Has The Right To Children from Boards.

yeah, that one is awesome. i wasn’t impressed with geogaddi, but you should check out trans canada highway. there is an awesome music video from that album of the blissful song dayvan cowboy here. actually my favorite song by them is on that album, called skyliner…its on youtube as well.