How to not wake up...

I have been keeping a DJ for several weeks now, and decided to step it up a bit… I moved my alarm clock right next to my bed and set it to go off at the 3/4 point… Interestingly, I woke up on my own about two and a half hours after I went to sleep (I never do this) and remembered a whole intricate dream. I then went back to sleep and, I think, achieved lucidity for a moment. It is kind of interesting how it happened. I was talking to my friend on my driveway when a police car showed up. My friend steps out of the police car, and says something like “here I am.” The version I had been talking to says something like “here too” and I realize the fallacy and that I am dreaming… and wake up almost instantly. Anyone have tips for staying asleep?

Well staying asleep will come in experience and practice, so don’t expect being lucid for a long time, but keep practicing. You can try dreaming spinning to control the dream better, which is (when you are lucid) spinning around in the dream which is supposed to make you stay aware and asleep more. You could also try the placebo effect when lucid and imagine a pill in your hand and say “This pill will keep me asleep” and eat it. For some reason when I try this I always wake up so be careful. It took me about two weeks of non-stop MILDing to have a pretty long LD. Good Luck,
The Luciddator

Hmmm I never had this problem, I just stayed calm and believed i wouldnt wake up…

My first lucid dream lasted for hours it seems and all of the ones ive had since then have been the same way…So just believe in your mind that you wont have a problem with it, believe thats its the easiest thing in the world and it will be…

Predaliendog, have you ever tried to extend your dream with the placebo lucid pill (in your dream)?I’ve heard of people who have had week long LDs heard at least. Every time I try to I just wake up, so I don’t normally try.

Nope, never needed to…My first ld was 2 days long in the dream world and my 4th had to last atleast 5 days in the dream world.

I say in the dream world because i almost believe that time in dreams is very different then how we percieve it in RL…

I usually do the spin technique when I begin to fade. Sometimes it gets to a point where it can’t save me though. Everything becomes dead and then the black fades in. I haven’t really tried any other techniques. I tried rubbing the ground once and yelling ‘’ I am Lucid!’’, that worked pretty well.

Yeah, theres tons of things you can do to prolong your dreams and make then clearer you just have to find out whats work for you.

Stay calm. The spinning tecnique doesn’t work for me (go figure), so I close my eyes and mumble to myself that I want to stay in the dream.

It also helps not to get frustrated in the LD. If something you try doesn’t work, stay calm and try again. I usually give up after two or three trys and move on to something else. =D