Was wrong about Jesus

Modoc: I’m not gonna argue with you and your beliefs because one of us will be proven wrong in only a few years :wink: And tbh, I don’t care- It would be pretty kwl though if something would happen 2012, and if the world would end or w/e, then “Yay I got to experience the end!” xD

the E crap are not my beliefs.It was just one example mmkay?
maybe both us will be proven wrong :wink:

this is not the end.it is the New World Order for all of us humans to enjoy :woo:

check out this vid :smile: only the first part.it is about religion

Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told
zeitgeistmovie.com/

only the first part? are you kidding?!

the third part to that movie blew my mind!

All civilians with microchips by 2020?

Real ID cards, global currency and global lanugage?!

We are cluelessly becoming a dystopian nation of a Ray Bradbury novel.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE wow everyone should watch this film in all parts, very interesting and thx for the link :neutral:

Something tells me that the video is copyrighted and not really allowed to be up here… Mods, is it okay?

it is a freely downloadable movie published on the net

it is impossible to stop watching if you start anyway :smile:

dont believe everything you see.but it is interesting information :smile:

good post HebrewB

… what gods will return?

Us?

new world order.

we might realize what horrible things we are doing everyday.
stop hurting our planet.stop wars.start using alternative energy and such.
peace…

if nothing happens and the maya prophecies are wrong (note that most other false prophecies were based on crappy calendars)

the human race will selfedestruct
Nuclear Fire wil rain from the sky

and the result will be a post nuclear world smilar to fallout.
some humans(?) might try to stop aliens.They cannot do that.You cannot dissobey the “Administrator”

I watched the movie
(zeitgeistmovie.com)

And OMG, ya’ll have to watch it! xD

That didn’t last long, did it? :razz:

jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? … =JPost%2FJ PArticle%2FShowFull

Seems as if the required 7 years agreement needed with Israel is a long ways off in order to fall into line with End Times prophesies, when the necessary agreement can’t last a week, let alone 7 years.

Umm, yeah… We don’t need to wait until 2012 to do that.

I’m sorry, but some of this seems like scaremongering, and that one bit doesn’t really make much sense.

If nothing happens then the human race will self destruct? Well, wouldn’t that count as something happening? Plus, really, how can the human race self destruct with nothing happening? If nothing causes it, I doubt we’ll self destruct.

Wait, even if you’re right about 2012, how can you prove us wrong?

We’ll all have been whisked away into some magical spaceship, or sent to hell, or whatever you believe.

I hope everyone realizes there was mass panic regarding the year 1000 and 2000 for the exact same reasons we’re worrying. They were all proven wrong. There is no scientific basis to back up any of this childish speculation.

And OMG, no I won’t watch any of this idiotic propaganda.

It’s not propaganda :razz: Well, first part is not atleast- It’s just about where the religions come from and so on. Though one can skip the first 9 minutes cos it’s just a long and boring intro.

Uhh yea, I kind of got ahead self there. Im just so ready for it. Im down at the starting line just waiting for the starting gun to fire.

TIN FOIL HAT CONVENTION

:wiske:

one must disbelieve in all paranoid conspiracies in order to be happy

you can spend your whole life thinking about micro-chips or disasters, and then,e very day, you are keeping a subtle pani inside you, a pain that robs you from beauty and bliss, and love

don’t BELIEVE something unless it EMPOWERS YOU

anyone can string a long series of indoctrinating “facts” together.

:rofl:

As I see it, true altruism is not being good so that you can be saved in the afterlife - it’s because you genuinely care and genuinely want to do the right thing. I once met some Christians who only tolerated non-Christians because it was what they thought God wanted them to do. Deep down, they didn’t want to help non-Christians. I think that’s a horrible attitude. It doesn’t matter what someone believes - you should be compassionate because it’s the right thing to do, not because God tells you to and you’re afraid of losing your good standing with him. I swear, if I ever adopt a religion, it’s going to be Buddhism. It’s so much more peaceful. :razz:

As a musician, I resent that. Incubus in particular (I haven’t really listened to Tool) are a fantastic rock band. They sing about love and beauty and the emotions that drive us all. I find many of their songs incredibly moving. People can’t seriously think they’re doing the work of some Antichrist - that’s ridiculous, ignorant and insulting. Musicians draw on their own inner creativity and imagination, for goodness’ sake.

Why do you have to think of it in terms of completely good or completely evil? The world doesn’t operate that way - everything is mixed in with the good and the bad. It’s thinking in terms of pure good and evil that leads to prejudice and conflict - often each side in a war, for instance, is utterly convinced they are in the right and the other side is pure evil. In reality, both sides send good men off to fight in the name of what is ‘right’, and yet good men on both sides end up doing evil things like killing each other. It’s a matter of perception and often culture. The world isn’t so simple as to be neatly categorised into black and white, and neither is religion. You’d be making a mistake to see it that way.

This is the best thing that ever came out of Christianity, and yet it’s the one that people usually can’t seem to follow. My dad (an atheist, by the way) taught me this commandment when I was little, and it’s always had a huge effect on the way I live my life. I may not believe in God, but this little piece of advice is the secret to solving the world’s problems. :wink:

True.

Yes, I was also grappling with the strange idea that the two could be put together like that - it makes no sense at all, not even in a weird illogical way. You may as well say that the Mayans were secretly influenced by the Greek gods, or the Hindu gods, or some E.T.s in UFOs.

Yes, this would be a very sensible thing to do, but unfortunately most of the world’s governments aren’t doing enough about it. It has nothing to do with religion, though - it’s a matter of survival.

I like (sarcasm) this assumption that a new world order is miraculously going to solve all the world’s problems. Indonesia had a “New Order” government - things dramatically changed, yes, but it became no less corrupt or unstable. Even if I assume you’re right, for the sake of the argument, and things DO change in 2012, who says it’s a change for the better? Maybe someone like a worse George Bush will come into power and bomb 99/100 of the world’s population into smithereens, so that the remaining 1% can use the rest of the world’s resources.

And yes, it’s just a guess, but it’s also a complete guess to say that nuclear fire will fall from the sky if nothing changes. We can’t claim to know the future, and neither can you (unless you believe you saw all this in a vision or something, but I’m assuming not), so why are you trying to convince everyone of what’s going to happen with an unfounded guess?

Exactly. It’s not childish, though - children know when they’re making things up, and don’t actually believe it themselves. :razz:

I was about to agree with this, but then I had second thoughts. Empowerment is often used as an excuse to justify arrogance, and it’s arrogance I can’t stand. Who are we to tell people what and what not to believe, anyway? Belief isn’t something you can just control and say: “Okay, today I am going to start believing in the Hindu gods. Yes, I now fully and completely and truly believe that the Hindu gods exist” … it just doesn’t work like that. It’s not a conscious decision - I think that’s the key part that everyone gets so confused over! You can want to believe something - I, for one, would love to believe in a god, because I’m terrified of death. Any assurance of an afterlife would be much appreciated, because I’d be comforted to know that this isn’t all there is and not everything I do is for nothing. Surprised to hear that coming from an atheist? It’s true. The reason I don’t believe in anything isn’t because I don’t want to - it’s because I just can’t. I don’t. How can I, when there’s nothing there to convince me? Likewise, although I say I’m an atheist, I also can’t truly believe there’s nothing out there, because there’s also no conclusive proof of that.

It’s because people mistakenly think that belief is a conscious choice that they spend so much time trying to convert each other and convince people that they’re wrong. They’re wasting their time. You’ll never be able to convince most people directly, because belief doesn’t work that way. Belief comes slowly, through a gradual understanding or personal experience. Others can argue all they like, but it’s not going to make a difference. I think it is possible to (truly, not just in name) convert someone, but it would have to be done by long-term immersion in the religious culture surrounding the belief, so that the person can come to understand it and believe. Otherwise, I don’t think it can be done.

[deleted]

I like this post. I do spend a ton of my time thinking about things like that.

I think people need to stop viewing themselves as victims. There are no victims, only limited view, only subjectivity that causes the victim mindset. Stop looking for something to save you and start saving yourself.

Several facts in the Zeigeist move (Part 1) are easily controllable even from Wikipedia (life stories of the “sons of the God”). Their interpretations are not problable 100% correct but genarally ok.

But at the same time there are several weak points and scientifically unproved statements in the move- What The BLEEP Do We Know!? I do not reccomend it as a scientiffic source of knowledge. Its more like pseudo science.

no man know the hour or the day