LD4all Quest 33 - July: Travel to the center of the Earth

LD4all Quest 33 - july - Travel to the center of Earth
Author: pasQuale

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Travel to the center of Earth!
suggested by: Tamara

This Quest is rather straight forward. As soon as you are lucid, travel to the center of the earth.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • travel to the center of Earth.
  • It’s a bonus if you actually end up in the center (what you perceive as the center of Earth)
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

This time I’m not giving any suggestions/tips on how to do this. The way you travel is also part of this Quest, find what way works for you, remember: everything is possible in a lucid dream!

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• set your mind for this Quest
  • ponder on how you will travel to the center of earth

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Good luck !

and

Have fun!

Travel to the center of Earth!

mm I could do this. Get to the labyrinth and have the stuffy’s guide me to the centre through their tunnels :happy:

I wonder if I will manage it :eh:

Did you get this from the new movie coming out? :tongue:

lol no, I saw a billboard for the movie after I had decided it would be the Quest. It’s actually from someone in the Quest suggestion topic, but I forgot who, and I still have to look up the name for the sake of completeness :content:

Hi people :wave: ! I had an LD last night, but I am unsure as to whether this counts as completing the quest.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a valid entry?

wow relentless, what a great dream! I say you have completed this Quest, but you are the judge on wether you feel completely satisfied or not (for earning your wings). But I congratulate you! :smile: And I really like the vision of a smaller earth contained into earth, containing yet another earth, etcetera.

Thanks, Q :content: ! If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for me :wink: .

The dream was a little less vivid than I would have liked, but I’ll accept the quest as done :smile: . I’ll still attempt a more worthy expedition, though…

Sounds like fun. I think I’ll give it a go. :happy:

Those were my thoughts exactly. :grin:

since i had a dream about trying to get moogle to the center myself i guess i will post that dream here and i could try to get there in a next dream.

juli 3 2008:

trying to get to the center.

moogle wanted to journ to the center of the earth trough the stuffys labyrinth and i helped her. moogle, fatty and me were going down the cellar into the labyrinth. our goal was ofcours to use the tunnels to get close enough to the center of the earth, first we had to wade trough a litter of clothes that were filling up the tunnels and moogle said “i wonder when we will see some stuffys?” on wich fatty replyed “so what am i then? a cusion?” then other stuffys came towards us and i asked them if they could take moogle to the center of the earth, they agreed to do so. but ofcours for some reason we never got there, halfway down we came across a room with a large swimming pool in it. in the pool were sharks and a reward was given for the person who could hold his or her breath under water as long as possible between the sharksm, i did not wnat to do it but it was forced upon us so i jumped in the water with a metal weight. when i was under water i saw that the sharks were actually fake and attached to the bootom of the pool with steel pipes. i climbed out of the water and was ranked “old lady” since i stayed under water very short. moogle was next and she stayed under water longer then i had wich gave her the rank “fearless sharkfacer” i wonderd if she had seen the sharks were fake. the side of the pool i was sitting on was very soft and i discoverd that it was eateble, it tasted like cake. next there was a show about pirates for the people who visited the labyrinth, we watched it but fatty keeped complaining about when it was time to eat.

what a great dream hippo! So kind of you to help moogle to get there. :smile:

crosses fingers this time it must work …
What movie are you talking about ?

There’s a movie coming out this summer in the United States that’s tilted 'Journey To The Center of the Earth".

so. after reading this topic, i go to sleep. i get conscious (not at all sure i was lucid) and decide to try the quest. i’m outside, on a great field of grass, so i hike up a little cliff, and as i expect it to, there’s a big massive hole that leads to the centre of the earth. without much ceremony, i jump. i start falling for a while and then things are mostly dark, in a mostly twilight-zone way. i start seeing weird stuff floating around as i fall, like pieces of fabric, food, friends of mine playing dominoes, dogs and whatnot. eventually, everything is flooded with light and i can feel a very strong heat. i look down and there’s a giant pool of lava (i stand corrected: “a giant pool of liquid red” would be more like the picture). i get somewhat scared, but at the same time i feel like laughing. as i finally hit the red, i’m consumed and dissolve into a somewhat painful, somewhat trippy, somewhat pleasurable creep that oozes all the way up my body like acid or spice. at which point i’m back to bed i’m feeling my whole body spike softly.

remember how in school people tell you not to mix different kinds drugs? (licit or ilicit not being the point here). here’s a tip for dreamers: do mix weird, disconnected topics in your daily life. a dream like that one up there is what you get for spending a whole day browsing ld4all, while watching weird youtube videos, while playing this game.

and no, thanks! :wink: i’ll have another shot at beating this quest. i want one of those long, crazy character-oriented dreams of mine with complex plots & whatnot. i want to be completely sure i’m lucid, and that “hey i’m dreaming” isn’t just a plot device. (and i do want to try and repeat this dream i had, at some point).

I actually thought about doing the quest in my LD last night, but I guess I didn’t feel it was important enough to actually do it :sad:

Remembered to do this last night :grin:

Last night I did it. :smile: Although it wasn’t a lucid dream. I went to my friend Zack’s house, it was different than usual though. Then some guy came up to be wearing a white tuxedo and told me he had a job for me. He told me he would explain on the way there. He lead me to my friends closet. I went in and then we went down an elevator to a large underground dock. In the room there was a giant drill thing sort of like the one from the core but wayyyy smaller. I went in it and he told me he if I didn’t get down there in 10 seconds and push a red button that the world would blow up. So the next thing I know I am zooming down in a drill with a windshield in front. There wasn’t any magma though. I get there and run to the button but didn’t make it in time and the world started shaking and I woke up.

Hi Relentless.

i really liked your dream - and that image/knowing of an inner earth - an earth within the earth, within the earth…

nick

I aim to please :wink: . Thanks, explora :content: .

Congratulations Relentless on earning your wings with this one :happy:

Also congratulations to Bruno Who completed this but doesn’t want his wings yet, and tyrael for doing the Quest in a normal dream. Unfortunately you won’t earn your wings with that dream since it’s a lucid Quest after all :wink: But well done!

and a honorable mention for Hippo on trying to help Moogle getting there :content:

This Quest is now officially over, you can’t earn wings with it anymore, but you can still complete the Quest if you wish, feel free to post your success in this topic :smile: