Meaning of Life

Meaning of life. Huh, to find your own purpose in this world.

I don’t think there is a meaning. Just an accidental occurence, followed by a sign saying “Sorry for the inconvenience” just after you die.

Well, okay, no sign, but I honestly think there is no meaning to life. After all, everything in the world will be destroyed some day by time or by a species, or indeed by the Earth being pulled into the sun by its gravitational field. So, all in all, every single bit of human endeavour is completely pointless because none of it will make a permanent mark.

Still, living can be fun.

The meaning of life is whatever you wish it to be.

damn someone already said 42 :razz:… oops i mean darn

oh and i don’t believe life has a “meaning”. I don’t think asking what the meaning of life is even makes sense. Does it make sense to ask what the meaning of a potatoe is? You could ask the purpose of life maybe, but the meaning? I honestly believe that there is no purpose to life, and IF there is a god(which i doubt) that it does not concern itself with the matters of humans, and we were created by the course of events caused by the laws which the god created.

Edit: I keep wanting to rant on and on about this :happy: got loads more to say, but I think i should stop before I get too carried away

Hahaha :thumbs: :tongue: Ofcourse!!

I feel like that sometimes too :smile: .

Oh, I don’t think there is a real meaning for life either, it’s just what you make of it.

Meaning" of life is to enjoy it. Life is short, and death can’t exist the same time you do, anyways. Money has no meaning, it only means what we think it does. Life, now life is one of the few things that still has a meaning.

People always say that and then they say…oh, i want to travel the world and climb everest, and do all this other stuff that you of course, need a ton of money to do.

Well as a Christian I’d have to say I believe the meaning of life is to glorify God and live in relationship with Him.

Hmm…the meaning of life is to live life to the fullest and never regret it. :cool:

I think the meaning of life varies with the person.
different peoples lives have different meanings. Thats why we all grow up different. If we all had the same meaning in life, then god would have made us all the same.

Personally I think my meaning in life is to make others happy.
I Also think My meaning of life is taking care of family. Looking out for others. I think Family is the most important thing on the Earth.

Whatever it is, if any, it is not universal.

Glorify him? Why, is he an egoist :eek: ?

short answer…

there is no meaning.
there’s no god telling you what to do.
you may as well find a few things that interest you here and spend your life doing them.

I live for the experience
and for finding the TRUTH. I wanna know whats up before I`ll be on the other side… :smile:

what if nothing is “up”?
what if there is no other side?
hmmm?
What then?
:razz:

Huh, okay.

Well, i think its lessons. You learn a lesson. Lots infact.

And a definite goal in life is to have no regrets :grin:

LOVE

I’m wary of breaking the rules in regards to religious discussion, so maybe we can continue this via PM or in another thread.

But the short answer is, no. The Christian idea of God is not that He is an egotist, it is that He is worthy of being glorified.

No regrets? For some things you should be allowed to regret. Like fighting with a friend.