What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

I’ve been dabbling at the start of Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco. My father recommended it to me. I may wait a while to read that, as I’m definitely going to start The Brothers Karamazov again. And as always I’m reading The Gay Science when I feel like it.

i’m almost done with il principe and i’ve picked up Machiavelli’s mandragola which is such a lovely play. yesterday i also read book 10 of Plato’s republic (one of my favourite pieces of Plato, together with Phædro and Gorgias) because it had so much to do with what we were learning in Philosophy classes.

i’m also about to pick up grande sertão: veredas again. if anyone wants to join me in reading that, it’s one of the most incredible pieces of literature ever. there’s a translation to english called “the devil to pay in the backlands”. i’ve no idea whether its good.

I’m re-reading Wizard’s First Law by Terry Goodkind. It’s awesome with every word, and I heard it has a few sequels too :happy:

about ¼ into grande sertão. i’m completely taken aback, i’ve no words to describe it. it might as well be one of the finest pieces of literature i’ve ever been in touch with. everyone should read it. (apparently the translations to italian and german — both called Grande Sertão — are really good; the english one not as much).

Done with Night Watch now, I’m starting Monstrous Regiment tomorrow :smile:

I just finished with Breaking Dawn, a truly thrilling read.

Ive been reading the cirque du freak books. Im on book 4 now. They are great books.

I finally picked up Foundation by Isaac Asimov and started reading it. I also picked up Dune, but I’m already reading 6 books simultaneously, so I’m setting it aside for now. One of the six is Heart of Darkness, which I’m reading for school. I really like it so far. :grin:

“The Cult of the Amateur” by Andrew Keen. It’s a really interesting read and I agree with most of his views.

How many people here have read the Marked series? Now, that is a good read! :thud:

currently reading Peter Sloterdijk: no mesmo barco [on the same boat], if Europe rises; and João Guimarães Rosa: grande sertão: veredas. also some chapters of Robert Kurz’s com todo vapor ao colapso [full-power toward collapse, a selection of articles published in newspapers and in his Black Book of Capitalism], Hobbes’ leviathan, Kant’s critique of practical reason (it sucks) and Sloterdijk’s critique of cynical reason (it rocks).

the day after tommorow , the book to the film

Dune by Frank Herbert, and I’ll be starting the Crucible by Arthur Miller soon. Also, my copy of EWLD is finally in!!! :boogie:

There was a book? Mmm it must be good. I may read it if i get the chance.

I just finished reading “The book with no name” by “Anonymous” and the sequel “The eye of the moon”. Brilliant books, i highly recommend them.

…ummm…
Yeah…

Err…does Little red ridin hood count? :shy:

Hume: Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding
Plato: Five Dialogues
Huston Smith: The World’s Religion’s
Jim Endersby: A Guinea Pig’s History of Biology
Robert Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Yeah, a lot of various stuff for college. Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to get started on the third book in the Eragon series.

Right now I’m reading a book with poetry and soon I’ll start with About A Boy and Tristan and Isolde for school.

my main Focus is The Sirens of Titan by Mr. Vonnegut however i’m starting on Antigone by Sophocles and not to mention continuing Wolves of the Calla, Atlas Shrugged, and starting The Stand

No One Here Gets Out Alive: The biography of Jim Morrison

“Lets just say i was testing the bounds of reality.”

Have any of you read Twilight? I just finished it and im going to start reading the sequel o.o BEST BOOK EVER !!!