forget i said anything about an upgrade :P

probably very soon i’m going to do the upgrade to a new version of the forum.

everything will remain the same, no posts will be lost etc. But it can take a while before i have everything working again.

so get an extra dose of #LD4ALL now before you have to be without :wink:

i hope we will go into the new year with a new shiny forum :happy:

ducks Here’s the bomb going off!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! :wink:

No harm doing that, good luck pasQuale! :gni: Can’t wait to see the upgraded version of this forum!!! :biggrin:

Hope you make an sql backup before you upgrade… :smile:

Thanks!

Very good, will the chat room be working. Do people use the chat room?

i hear that the new forum has clear directions to the bathroom :grin:

ofcourse everything will be backed up before any action is taken.

i’m doing the upgrade on a testforum and i see that there will be more work to it than i thought… all the themes have gone and all the mods to :neutral: (acronyms, gender mod, etc)

so i’m checking it out first, what the new things are, and if i can get the mods back etc.

Thanks! GREAT!

Q just incase you weren’t aware this is a patch file

phpbb2.de/dload.php?action=file&file_id=459

forgot to add
phpbb2.de/dload.php?action=file&file_id=498

that is Phpbb2 PLUS - which is basically phpbb 2.0.6 + all the mods preinstalled.

ah thanks, DM, that will save some time reinstalling mods :grin:

Argh, everytime pasQuale says DM, I think that it’s her calling my nickname. :razz: I’m used to DM… I guess I’ll have to get used to DM7 now. Lol! :wink:

By the way, good luck at installing that one! :biggrin:

nah lets both be DM just to confuse everyone :wink:

Lol! Okie dokie! :biggrin:

I’m confused. You say you here it will have clear directions to the bathroom, but your upgrading it yourself!! How can you only hear about it, when you yourself are upgrading it?!

Can’t you get a MOD that automaticly installs MODs. I’m sure I saw one on www.phpbb.com’s forum.

Does anything happen to the forum during upgrades?

during the upgrade the forum is unavailable. After the upgrade everything will be back, but then clean & shiny :wink:

but so far i’m only working on a test forum to see how much work it will be.

that’s why i’ve posted this ‘warning’ message, so you are not surprised when you suddenly can’t access the forum and also not surprised when it takes a few days before you can.

days :meh:

best thing about using a test forum you know exactly what you need to do, and can even make a style template so you can instantly change the look to this instead of the boards default :smile:

Days :cry: I’ll miss posting when that happens.

I’ll be alright. :content:

yes, anticipate for the worst, in that case you will be so happy when the forum has been offline only for a few hours :content:

i’m still working on the test forum, so far i haven’t had much time play around with it. i did an upgrade to 2.0 on it and poof all my templates and mods had dissappeared :cry: Now i have to do the upgrade from 2.0 to 2.06 and then find all the mods and templates again :neutral:

i’m sorry, i must have been sleeping :grin:

We already have the newest phpbb forum, that is 2.06.

somewhere in the future they are going to release 2.2. I thought this had already happened, but somewhere i got confused :tongue:

so THERE WILL BE NO UPGRADE

not anytime soon anyway. When 2.2 has been released i will do it. When 2.2 will be released, i have no clue.

so forget i said anything about upgrading

lol

on the test forum i have actually done an upgrade from 2.06 to 2.06 :lmao:

Oh good! I’m not sure about this upgrade for upgrades sake.
If it aint broke, dont fix it. :smile: