I had my first LD last night...how to change things in a LD?

I have been trying for a long time, and finally it happened… I was sitting in my room looking at something, and for some reason thought to do the test where you look at some text and look away, so the text warped, and I realized I was dreaming. So i tried to float, and it worked! I went to talk to my mother and said to her, ‘Do you know you’re in a dream?’ Then I went to the window and tried to make the sun come out (it was night at the time)… It wouldnt work so I decided instead of going outside I would go through my mirror. I jumped into the mirror but I was in the same room I started in, Just backwards, so I went in the mirror again. I ended up in a weird version of my room with 3 mirrors, and so I figured I was in a dream-world of some sort and went out the door. Thats when things got fishy… I wanted someone to come exploring with me, so I started thinking about who I wanted to call. I ended up calling my friend Mike, but then when he came through a door, he warped into a different guy I know also named mike… then people from my jazz band started coming through doors and setting up stuff for a show… and they were dressed up as fuzzy dinosaurs. I found this very frightening, and I kissed one of the dinosaurs… then I woke up, rather distraught but also excited that I had a lucid dream! So, I would like to ask for some advice about what to do when things are happening in a dream that I don’t want to happen, and how to make things change to how I want them… So please let me know what you guys do in these situations.

That’s by far the best dream I’ve read in a while! Interesting… You just didn’t have enough control. Or you didn’t try hard enough. You got lost in the moment, and was concetrating. Don’t let the Dream run over you.

Congratilations on your first LD, SailingMishap =] Not everyone gets fully control at first LDs. That is fully normal. It’s good to remember that dream happens olny in your mind, so you can control it.

Even if you can’t control everything thats happening aound you 100% (for example, the dinosaur jazz band setting up for a show), you can always leave and go somewhere else, and expect whatever you want to see to be there. Maybe try going through the mirror again, since that seems to work for you, and as you are going through, think about what you want to see or where you want to be.

Thanks for your advice guys… I’ll definately implement some of your suggestions, that is if I manage to have another lucid dream!

The more lucid dreams you have, the more experienced you will get (duh)…and with that, you will be able to do anything you want. It’s kind of hard to adapt to lucid dreaming at first. The whole ‘you can do anything you want’ seems unrealistic until you actually do something impossible. After that door is unlocked, you will be the God of your dreamworld.

Anyways…congratulations on your first LD!! Good news too…you are going to have another one tonight!

Hi SailingMishap!

It’s one of the funniest dreams I’ve read for a long time! :rofl: You should realize that you had a rather good control. You manage to fly, to jump through a mirror and to summon a dream character. It’s a very good result in a first lucid dream! Congrats! :clap:

I’m bringing this thread back from the grave!!! :ebil:
The reason is: an example for everyone else who has the same problem.

I think, that total control would make the dream not fun. Dreams are random, and that’s what make them fun.

locked: this topic is over 2 years old and due to the topic title the original poster who isn’t here anymore could end up with new congratulations posts