Auditory hallucination induced pillow, or something else?

Ok, I’m looking for an answer that I’ve been wanting for a looooong time:
Whenever I get into my bed at night, I always get into a comfortable position. How else am I supposed to sleep? Usually I sleep on my side, and occasionally my stomach. I’m never sleeping on my back, from what I’ve heard of the old hag. But, enough of that. My ear always rests on the pillow. But, whenever my ear rests on that pillow, I hear auditory hallucination! :help: Sometimes I hear water droplets, other times I hear the sound of cars driving by - except without an end. I hear voices downstairs, thinking that it’s someone downstairs, but it’s no one. What causes this?

This might be tinnitus. It’s normal, and can’t harm you in any way. Just try to ignore it. You could also sleep on your back. You are very unlikely to get SP.

It could also be HH.

I am not sure what causes what you experience, but you may be able to work with it.

I also don’t sleep on my back at all. Usually on my left side with my head facing north-ish. Other times I sleep on my right side with my head facing north. I don’t sleep on my back, not because of fear or haggish-myths, but just because it is not comfortable for me.

When I am actively trying to achieve a lucid state I will slip into a state of auditory hallucination. It varies from time to time. Most of the time I will hear conversations from people that are not there. I usually slip into sleep right after that point.

Eventually, I decided to play with this effect. I had the TV on while I was trying to fall asleep and I got a near-sleep state, but the TV was keeping me awake. So, I thought to myself:

“Self, why don’t we turn down the volume.”

I felt a part of my mind trigger and the volume of the TV dropped. I got excited, and it raised. So I thought to myself again.

“Self, let us turn down the volume again.”

This time the volume went down and I remained calm. It felt like the audio was on a lower level then me, so maybe I was turning myself up. I brought it lower, another level, before slipping into sleep.

I guess what I am saying is not to worry, and possibly try to interact with the part of your self that is observing, or taking in, these audio waves. You may get interesting results. Also, remember that if you’re at that point you’re possibly just a thoughts distance from a dream.

I get that too. It sounds like a weird sort of beeping to me though.

I always sleep with a floor fan to add white noise. I can NOT sleep in a silent room.

White noise helps.

its very normal to have them when going to sleep,
its what sleep is for

Well, I’m not trying to have a lucid dream, I just put my ear on my pillow and then after a minute I start hearing noises. Sometimes I have to jump up in the middle of the night to see if the noise I heard was real…
And btw, when I sleep on my back, I still tilt my head to the side anyways…

It might just be auditory HH.
I often hear this kind of sounds when falling asleep, even more often than seeing visual HH : I just lie down, start to listen to what is inside my head ( :tongue: ), and very soon begin to hear noises. Most of the time, these are disembodied voices saying nonsense, or even rather realistic sounds.
Apparently, it is perfectly common and normal to hear such sounds… SP is often accompanied by sounds, so why not HH ? :content:
I guess that after some time hearing those sounds, you begin to consider them as real, like when you’re falling asleep, see HI and are unsure whether the images you see are reality or not…
Anyway, good luck with it. :smile:

the noise is not real, (in the physical sense)
in time discernment will show you

and its always normal, whether you are trying to have a lucid dream or not
the reason people don’t experience HH is because either their vibration is very low spiritually, or they just completely forget it and are unconscious through all of it, sleeping the night away without awareness

the more refined awareness gets, the more we sleep “consciously” and even remember the long conversations our SC has with us in NREM
however this does not guarantee lucidity because lucidity can block us from receiving important messages that need to get thru