Best Video Games Of All Time

nods

Well of course, if you get a particular game series, there’s always going to be at least one that you don’t like… probably just because it didn’t live up to your awesome expectations.

yeh Ocarina is the best game ever for me. There is just sort of something about that game, hard to explain but it just has that magic so to speak

SPYRO THE DRAGON! :happy:
Spyro is one of the best games I’ve ever played! :content:
Although, after Insomniac was bought, all the games became not-good-games.
So, only the first 3 are good.

Another one is kingdom hearts! Thats a good game. :wink:

I was going to say NiGHTS, but LorDrrr beat me to it.

There is no best game of all time. There are several runner-ups…

Zelda 64 (Both of them)
Super Mario Galaxy (Platforming in a non-linear game is like trying to drink water with a fork)
FF# (Whichever is your favorite, it’s hard to decide)
NiGHTS into Dreams (Not the Sequel)
Half-Life
Portal

I’d suggest Disgaea, but I haven’t got the game to decide yet.

Notice how Halo was not included?

1. The Elder Scrolls 3, Morrowind The greatest masterpiece in the history of gaming.
2. The legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time Another great masterpiece, truly epic.
3. Skies of Arcadia Probably the first RPG I ever played and I still occasioanlly play it, that’s how good it is.
I could probably add a few more but I’m too tired to think… :sleep:

I don’t understand why (apparently) everyone seems to like silly games like Final Fantasy or Zelda or Super Mario(World of Warcraft :devil: is evil by the way):wolfbite:… really can’t see what’s so great about them.

SPOILER - Click to view

Ready for a wave of rage towards me, go ahead :scared:

But never mind that.
I don’t pick favorites, there are games that I like and those that I don’t like. The newer games are nice, a lot of explosions and the characters look real… well at least more real than Mario :wink: .
Saw a video of a game called Far Cry 2 or something like that, I suppose that would be the favorite… a whole lot of things to blow up or shoot at :content:!

Yeah OoT’s really high on my list too, prolly about number 7

And oblivion!!

My top ten?

1. Killer Instinct
  2. Street Fighter 2 Turbo
  3. Starcraft
  4. Diablo 2
  5. Fallout 2
  6. TES III: Morrowind
  7. Half Life 2
  8. Halo 3
  9. Deus Ex
  10. Daggerfall

Honorable Mention: Portal, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, TF2.

In no specific order…

Super Mario Bros…

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

DEVIL MAY CRY 1, 2 and 3. Not 4 because Nero is in it.

Twisted Metal series, except 3 and 4, which were disowned by the developers for being so bad. Twisted Metal Black is most likely the best of the bunch.

FFX and X-2… For those who know me well enough, my reasons are obvious.

The Max Payne games… Max Payne is just amazing. Simply amazing. Wondrous narrative, brilliant gameplay, fantastic storyline. I love it.

Portal, for sheer innovation.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is one of my favourites. It has a good number of levels and the variety of power-ups are great. :content:

Morrowind - all time favorite

Others
Ocarina of Time
First medal of honour games
I haven’t bought it yet, but rockband is awesome as long as they don’t kill it somehow.
Halo 1, 2, and 3
Counterstrike source

How is “Real” a good game? We don’t play games for reality.

Yes to both!!

Have you played Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door?

It’s such an amazing sequel.

Indeed. Partial nostalgia, but also it was the first game where you could just sort of…roam wherever you wanted to. It had so much to do.

But yes, it is very hard to put your finger on it…

After reading this list…I really want to get Elder Scrolls. X-box 360 or what?

This is why I play games like Final Fantasy and Zelda, because they are a wonderful, and quite often BEAUTIFUL escape from reality. Also, the plot lines in said games above are quite brilliant, of course, as I’ve said before, if the games are in a series, there will always be a weak one. (Though I loved playing FFIII, the plot line wasn’t a patch compared to other ones I’ve played)

Games overall need be judged by gameplay. Graphics can come into play after that.

Though in games like World of Warcraft I do enjoy some amazing landscapes from on tops of mountains.

Exactly. That’s what I’ve found wrong with this generation of consoles. The emphasis on graphics makes the gameplay suffer. Sadly, very few devs have the resources to make both gameplay and graphics up to par; half the 360 games I own feel like Tech Demos.

I 100 percent agree with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to be the best video game ever! The reason it is still the best to me, is because it takes me back to that special time when i first saw it. I was maybe 6-7 years old and N64 was the BEST! Being 6-7, i never saw a game like it. It was so magical to play and the story still stands today. I feel warm and fuzzy when i re play from the start. I get excited and it brings back memories of a simpler time. The dramatic cut-scenes, great bosses and music…WOW! I absolutley love this game.

Other favs are:
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Star Wars KOTOR
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Super Smash Bros(64 and GameCube versions are great)

That’s why Wii is the best system. Nintendo is without a doubt the best video game company of all time.

Ps3 and X-box 360 will battle each other to death over graphics, while Wii flies by with extraordinary gameplay and innovation.