Best Video Games Of All Time

o yeh and id put Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 on the snes right up there, 3 not so much partly because the music wasn’t nearly as good.

I know I used to have it. Bought it at a garage sale. Might have sold it though. I could never get the powerpad to work.

Did anyone play the Zelda game Windwaker on Gamecube? I liked it.

I’ve played it’s sequel: The Phantom Hourglass.

Brilliant game, with excellent game innovation and use of the stylus, I was really impressed, the music was pretty good too, very catchy, but I still reckon some of the themes could have been better.

Windwaker was my second fav zelda ever. EXCELLENT game.

I loved being a pirate in that game.

I ruled the seas…

My favorites…

In the (far) past:

Lode Runner :tongue: - one of the first PC games i played about 20 years ago, or so
Lemmings, Commander Keen
Wolfenstein, Doom and Duke Nukem
Half-Life and Unreal Tournament - countless hours of gameplay with others during my college.

In more recent past:

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

At present:

Morrowind (i have played it over a year already, and still enjoying + exploring)

Overally i don’t have anymore much time for PC games, so i play them pretty rarely. But besides of them there are few online games i play, but it’s not the topic anymore.

I love windwaker, but i didn’t want to restart it after i finished it because my first file I had everything.

I even got that camera that takes color pictures :content:

I remember getting a camera. There was some guy on that island with the windmill and the town who gave some vague description of what he wants a picture of, but I never figured it out.

geometry wars is a fav of mine.
but ocarina of time is definately number one.

also Tombi on PS1 is an awesome game.

Earthbound.
Disgaea.
Half Life 2.
PORTALPORTALPORTAL
Majora’s Mask
KATAMARI DAMACY

Honors go to the Mairo ware series and SSBB.

I think I recognise a game called Tombi… I played a demo of it a while ago and loved it!

You mean Tomba? That caveman like guy with the pink hair? I never played it but heard awesome stuff about it.

Ya I think he’s talking about tomba, i played the first game when i was like 6 or 7, and i played the second one on that demo he’s talking about :tongue:

I forgot to mention the age of empires series! mainly age of empires two though, the best in my opinion.

Has anyone talked about SimCity series (except Societies, damned child sandbox)? The SC4 is the game that’ll never become boring for me (with addons offcourse :razz: ). Europa Universalis 2 is very playable, too.

Yes, Age of Empires was fun. So was Heroes of Might and Magic.

And Earthbound, as mentioned earlier ,is also a great one.

I have a lot of favorite games that I think are the best!

Wii

1. Super Mario Galaxy
  2. Guitar Hero III
  3. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
  4. Edit: (WiiDownload) Original Paper Mario
  5. Edit: Super Paper Mario - I hated the new control but loved the story/characters

Xbox 360

1. Mass Effect
  2. Dead Rising
  3. Call of Duty 4
  4. Gears of War

Xbox

1. Halo
  2. Knights of the Old Republic

Gamecube

1. Resident Evil series
  2. Edit: Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
  3. Zelda: TP

PC (In no Particular Order)

1. System Shock series
  2. Homeworld series
  3. Counterstrike: source
  4. The Orange Box - mainly Portal :happy:
  5. F.E.A.R.
  6. Spore
  7. Total Annihilation

Upcoming Games

1. Left 4 Dead
  2. Dead Space
  3. Gears of War 2

I think FPS/RTS games are the greatest games ever, closely followed by RPGs. And I love games with a great story.

Oh, the umbrealla Chronicles for Wii, I gorgot about that game. It was majorly fun…Espcially in the dark, with sound turned waay up.

Now, I must admit I also like the Sims 1/2 series.

oh good idea Tcc to divide them up depending on the hardware used.

so…

arcade - old computer
Pacman
Konami’s King’s Valley

megadrive
Toejam and Earl (the original one, not the sequel)
King’s Bounty

playstation
Final Fantasy VII and VIII
Diablo
The Bard’s Tale (the only game that I really enjoyed the cut scenes :rofl: )

it’s called tombi where i live (New Zealand)
it’s really odd that they had different names for it.