LD4all Quest 36 ~ October ~ Listen!

[size=150]LD4all Quest 36 - October - Listen![/size]
[color=crimson][size=100]Author: pasQuale[/size][/color]

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

[size=150]Listen![/size]
[size=84][color=crimson]Suggested by P U F F Y C L O U D[/color][/size]

So, I don’t need to explain much more, do I? :smile: Pick up something and listen to the sound. You don’t even need to use something that makes a sound IRL, what if you listened to a rock, a flower, or a wall?

[center][/center]
To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • pick up something and listen to it.
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)
  • If you can (optional) recreate the sound in waking life for us to hear too :smile:

[color=red]Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself. [/color]

[size=150][color=red]I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient[/color][/size]

[size=134]Preparations/Incubation[/size]
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique [color=royalblue](WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc)[/color]:

• set your mind for this Quest
  • ponder on what you want to listen to :smile: Imagine what it will sound like.

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Good luck !

and

Have fun!

Sooooo I would pick up a stuffy and listen to it? Or a rock in the labyrinth may be truer to the quest :wink: (or even the labyrinth walls themselves… )

I think I have a chance of doing this. :smile:

I wonder what a rock would have to tell :uh: me…
I’d like to try it, is there some kind of a time limit for this?

until the end of october :content:

A good quest :thumbs: always something interesting :cool_laugh:

Im going to try this. I usually dream of places IRL. Maybe i could pick up a DC and see what they sound like?

cool.
i might give this a try

Tried it. I was at school again and someone in Year 11 dropped their guitar case so i picked it up and listened. No sound whatsoever. I’ll try again tonight.

well done UltimaDreama! :clap:

I’m new to these quests lol. Well, I’m new to lucid dreaming. I’ve had them since i was young but only recently have i had them reguarly (spelling?). Hmm, should I try and again with the same object or try something different? The dream was kinda strange, it was very fregmented. I can only remember bits.

you can try again if you wish, see if you actually get to hear something :smile: But you have already done the objective of this Quest, technically. but it is up to you if you are satisfied with the dream (for your wings) :smile:

I think I’ll give it another try. The dream was very fragmented and can only remember that part of it. To be quite honest I dont actually remember if it made a sound or not, i just remember putting it to my ear and then blank. No sound. Then awakening when i somehow “drop” it.

ND/LD – Fishies

I was in a pet store buying a replacement fish for mine that just died. :sad: I found a plump one with googly eyes and was going to buy him. Then, I suddenly became lucid for no apparent reason. Remembering the quest to Listen, I summoned my old fishy in his barrel pond. He spoke to me and said not to worry, that he was very happy where he was. :smile:

RIP Popcorn

awwww :hugs:
what a great message to get :smile:

oooohhhh… I wish I was lucid last night! I dreamt about a music box! I just read about this quest now…so I’m going to try!

I finally did it!! I was in a random dream. I became lucid when my friend for some reason had 3 hands. I instantly recreated the area outside the library at school and found Breadley there. I asked him “Can I use your guitar case for something? It’s a lucid quest.”
He said: “So long as you dont break my guitar.”
I picked it up and listened. I heard a far off guitar chord, very very quiet and had an echo. I think it was G but i dont play guitar so im going by Piano on this.

What do you think? Have I succeeded?

you have definately succeeded :clap: (but i always leave it up to the dreamer to decide if they feel it’s enough to be awarded their wings for - since you can only be awarded your wings one time and they stay with you for always)

Love that dialogue though :smile:

Can I use your guitar case for something? It’s a lucid quest."
“So long as you dont break my guitar.”

lol :content:

Good one. :grin:

Hey, does it still count if I did this…before knowing about this quest? :shy:

I worked really hard at that. I must have used the WILD method about 8 times for me to finally get into a dream. I think I should have my wings now.