Can you expect the unexpected in Lucid Dreams?

I had only 2 lucid dreams,But i didn’t knew what i am capable in those lucid dreams.
Now i know.
But…In a Lucid Dream,Can something or someone surprise you?
I’m asking this 'cause,After all,To fly,We need to expect to have wings,Or that it is possible to fly,
Umm. When you spawn a DC,
or your Spirit Guide,Can you know what he is going to say next?

Yes, you can be surprised in a lucid dream. It generally takes some level of controls to have those unexpected parts only when you want them (So that meteors won’t fall on you every possible moment), but you can mostly decide wether you want to know every word that will be said, or wether you want to leave some stuff for you to handle with your SC.

Absolutely you can be surprised in dreams, DC’s can sneak up on you, a monster can attack from nowehere…it certainly happens.

I can know what a DC is going to say next if I focus on reading his mind or on predicting his words or actions, otherwise no I can’t.

It’s likely that you’ll get surprised a lot. Dreams can be very random.

Dreams (when you aren’t consciously controlling them) are controlled by the subconscious. Given that you can’t consciously know what your subconscious is thinking of (hence the name :tongue: ) it can often surprise you. So yes, you’ll find most of your dreams very surprising, unless you try to absolutely control every aspect of them. And even then, things have an odd way of going differently than what you’d expect.

As everyone else said, of course you can be surprised! In fact, I’d be very surprised if you’re not surprised by anything. If you knew everything that was going to happen in advance, dreams would be extremely boring, I think.

In my fifth lucid dream, which was the FIRST that didn’t end after 10 seconds, I got the opportunity to really test all my lucid powers.

First I started flying around (I’m a natural at that since I can fly VERY often in my dreams). Then I wanted to run faster than cars on the freeway, and so I did. I walked on water (crossing a river), tripped, fell into the water, climbed back out and continued running on hands and feet. Took a moment to realize how vivid the dream was. Decided to do something random and spawned an entire themepark in the center of town :razz:

Then, while walking/flying around, it started to get dark and corrupted, even though I was lucid. Eerie music started playing. I had to focus to change it back to a cheerful place, but I was definitely caught off guard. Luckily I was able to do something about it, being lucid and aware and all.

Absolutely right.
Asking if you can be surprised in dreams is like asking if your SC can surprise your conscious, which of course it can as you are not aware consciously of all of your SC processes and thoughts, therefore it can and probably will surprise you.

There’s always surprises in the world of Lucid Dreaming :razz:

One moment you’re walking through a street, and suddenly Donald Duck is blasting the hellz out of Sora from Kingdom Hearts and the next thing you know–Kingdom Hearts has gone to Hell as Donald Duck has gone postal with his magic :nuu: