How did YOU gain control?

If this was already talked about, SUE ME. That’s right. I’ll have my people call your people and visa versa. SUE ME. :sly:

Anyhoo.

Most people have difficulties at first when LDing. They try to fly, but nothing. They try to transport, but nothing. They try to make out with a hottie, but get slapped in the face. :dark:

For those with halfway decent control, how did you do it?

For those still in the slap-in-the-face zone, pick up some tips from experienced LDers. :cool:

My story:

I sucked when I first started LDing. I sucked for a long time. Instead of flying I’d moon bounce. Creating things was out of the question all together. Slowly I practiced and practiced till I got better at LD powers.

Just recently I came up with my own technique for controlling anything I want in dreams. Thing is, I don’t always use it 'cause it’s much more fun to watch what my head thinks up. :tongue:

What I do is day dream. Well… night dream. Day dream in a night dream. I don’t think of it as an LD, I just poof everything into existence the same way I would if I were zoning out during class. That tricks my brain into not doubting my LD powers. :ebil: It’s also given me more lucids as of late.

How do YOU do it? :wave:

I try to RC real odd happenings, then I sleep. I wake up, WBTB and then I am LD’ing.
The first sleep is WILD’ed, after waking up (somewhere in morning) I do MILD/WBTB :cool_laugh: That tecnique works for me :cool:

How? I guess you could say practice. I started with flying; I was determined to fly and by god I was gonna do it superman style. At first, I didn’t have much control or confidence and it didn’t go to well. However, as I had more lucid dreams I’d run into one or two where I was already flying and then I was “forced” to fly or fall out of the sky. Additionally there were the occasional ones where I was just able to fly. As I racked up a few more I got a better feel for it and became more confident which increased my consistency etc. etc.

That was pretty much the same for other LD skills although after several hundred dreams of experimenting you get pretty convinced you can do whatever you need at which point the challenge isn’t actually performing the technique but refining it to work the way you want.

I can’t remember how! When I was young, I got LD’s naturally. Transforming and flying were the first things I did. I think I learnt how to do it so easily because I was so young, and when you’re young, there are no limits. So in my LD’s that’s what I believed. Transforming was actually the first thing I did BEFORE flying. Which makes sense. :wink:

Of course, coming to this site opened my eyes to new ideas, so I had to learn some control I guess. Actually I was able to do most of things first shot. One thing I did have difficulty with was flying past a certain height. That came with practice. I just changed the direction of gravity. :tongue:

I used verbal commands in my first LD. I made people appear and just spent it controling stuff.

I’ve only had a few very low lucidity LDs but I had no problems flying… but then again the thought that it wouldn’t work never crossed my mind, which probably helped.

I usually gain control of myy LDs by making things disappear, or pop up out of nowhere. I have problems flying too alot of the time,. I think it has something to do with my wicked fear of heights, and even though its only a dream, its still freaky. I really need to get over that.

I gain control of LDs by imagining the thing I want in my pocket. If I need to fly, I reach into my pocket for a flying pill. If I need to grow a second arm, I take a growth pill. I just imagine the pill I need, and it has never failed me.

I go along saying “This is a dream I have control, This is all created by my mind” and that will increase control for me

hmmm :hmmm:

I like that, Im gunna use that! :woo: