EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Ways to defeat dream monsters

Author  Message 
moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008  Reply with quote

Lardbob wrote:
Every dream I can remember has been slightly disturbing (running away, being locked up etc) Is there any way to have nice dreams?

If your recall isn't very good, you will be more likely to remember this type of dream.
We have quite a few topics that discuss dream incubation .... just click the search then use incubation for the key word and then the Stuff Dreams are made of... for the forum. i got 16 topics thumbs

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Lardbob
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Mon 01 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

The Moon Man
The Pridak.
Dream Deity
The Moon Man has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: ...a few?

PostPosted: Thu 04 Sep, 2008  Reply with quote

I dreamed i was being chased by cobras,i didn't remember how i got there tho...i was aware that it was just a dream,but i still kept running...:D

Dharma_bum
cleansing the doors
Novice dreamer
LD count: bout 6-7

PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

they say these monsters are only parts of your ego that you've repressed, and kinda avenging themselves for not being embraced. they say you should meet them with love and embrace them and they turn out to be non threating parts of your own self you've deemed unworthy. if you embrace them you'll move towards completeness. says Stephen Leberge.

Plus i kinda been reading the Tibetan book of the dead and have this theory that these monsters are only the wrathful appearance of the peaceful Deity they represent whom are all compassionate and are only testing you, constantly prodding you to move toward liberation trying to tell you something important and KNOW THIS!

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Sun 12 Oct, 2008  Reply with quote

Usually I have fun with it, normally some sort of magic or something interesting, if it is a recurring dream monster then I will usually treat it with love which typically makes it go away. If I have some that just won't be defeated by the above methods I just "will" its atoms apart and it ceases to exist.

There is one exception to the above where I had a dream nemesis and literally it could counter anything I tried to do to it. I eventually got super frustrated and ended up "sealing" it away like they describe in fantasy series.

Kaleidoscope
Oh I see what you did
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3 :(

Lucidity_Master wrote:
Usually I have fun with it, normally some sort of magic or something interesting, if it is a recurring dream monster then I will usually treat it with love which typically makes it go away. If I have some that just won't be defeated by the above methods I just "will" its atoms apart and it ceases to exist.

There is one exception to the above where I had a dream nemesis and literally it could counter anything I tried to do to it. I eventually got super frustrated and ended up "sealing" it away like they describe in fantasy series.

I wonder how long it will be until the seal is broken

Oh, the last monster dream I had, Aragorn came in and killed him for me.

DarkRaven
Mistress of Flames
Somniologist
DarkRaven has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Um, a lot.

Re: Ways to defeat dream monsters

Stormthunder wrote:

I don't consider these kinds of dreams nightmares - I consider them adventures

Same. turn3 I think it all depends on how you look at things, you could look at a monster as, "Oh, no! A monster, it's going to kill me! RUN!" Or you could look at it as an adventure and have some fun with it, knowing that you're going to defeat it. Usually any dreams I have with baddies, (not necessarily "monsters", bad people usually) have some sort of storyline that I just go along with so it plays out like an action movie. It's fun using various powers to defeat them, once you know that you know that they can't hurt you for real, it makes all the difference in the world, you just have to keep telling yourself that. It may help to recruit some DC's to assist you, though. If there's a large amount of enemies I'll usually team up with DC's and we fight them together, it's great fun. ebil Good luck!

Wolf
Pshy psh psh...
just the colored stars
Wolf has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 183+

Dag nabbit! I had the first nightmare in a while because of this topic! grrr

...But that's cool, 'cause I like nightmares. grin

Shame I didn't get lucid and fled like a pansy. sadblauw

To actually contribute to this topic:

--Get a big ol' club and smack 'em around a bit. truit

--Stuff them in a locker like a school bully. ebil

--Eat them! wolfbite

Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

It's great fun, I was about to get chased by a bear in my LD last night, so instead, I thrust out the palms of my hands in it's direction, sent huuuge waves of energy at it and yelled: "STOP!"

Hehe, it whined and moaned for a while before lying down and going to sleep..

Twas fun.

Mistlight
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Six

I haven't really destroyed monsters conciously in my dreams, but here's a few suggestions:
-If you're good at shapeshifting, turn into a ferocious animal of your choice. Best on the smaller monsters, but if they're big you can just make yourself bigger!
-Run towards it if you're running away. Show you are bold. It just might turn it into something harmless.
-Two words: energy blasts.
-If all else fails, command it to disappear!

print