Few questions about WILD

Trying to WILD, I reach the point where suddenly, I feel heavy (feeling of being paralysed, but actually just a great difficulty to move) and external sounds become faint… it is sudden, happens in 1 second… heaviness and silence at once!
at this point, I haven’t started to see any HI yet.

IS it normal to reach this point without HI?

WHAT happens next?

Until here I have done nothing to help start a dream, only leting my body sleep while staying conscious.

IS there anything I should do? (before or after the heaviness point)

IF I just wait without trying to do anything, will the lucid dream start by itslef?

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

I was wondering this 2
ive never had a HI
but ive gone directly into LD before

You dont have to do anything.
Actually, theres really nothing you can do…
Just let your body fall asleep until you reach REM ----> dream starts
so if you remain conscious you will be lucid.
some people dont see the HI, some do,
I myself see the HI long long before entering REM.
it doesnt matter tho…
just stay focused and relaxed and itll come.
by the way, when did you try to wild? (beginning of the night, middle, nap etc…?)

Thanks for this. Been waiting for an answer to this question for a long time.
I’m now going to go to bed and give it a try. I had a little nap earlier and properly going to sleep now, although I’ve heard middle of sleeping is the best and easiest time? :smile:

How long were you relaxing and in bed?

No, you don’t have to have HI. Some people jump right into a dream, or they “get-up” out of their bodies and are then in a dream.

my pleasure :smile:
In my experience, I gave WILD a couple of tries before going to bed with no success. Today I tried for the first time in the afternoon and I did it.
So id say a nap/middle of the night are the right times to do it as the deep sleep is a very hard phase to remain conscious throughout.
Whilst when napping or in the middle of the night, your body has already had deep sleep so you “skip” that part and go almost instantly to REM.
Hope this helps
have fun

Yeah, I think I’m going to give up trying to WILD at the beginning of a night’s sleep. For about the past week, I’ve found myself lying there for about 30 mins, getting to the heavy stage with flickering eyes and then just not being able to get any further. I also find it really hard to fall asleep normally after an attemped WILD! :eh:

thats strange…
you should be able to fall asleep much more easily as your body is already “half” asleep.

Hmmm, I think it’s because afterwards I’m thinking about where I went wrong etc. and I end up thinking so much I find it harder to sleep!
Maybe I will try WILDing in between a nap or something and see if I’m more successful.

Yes
and also, maybe try when WILDing to silence your mind as much as you can. Focus on your breath or your feelings or what you see or hear