What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

Ya Kite Runner was amazing.

merged … we have six topic parts of good books :wink:

ever since the harry potter series ended… ive been in a reading slump. i used to love to read but m drive for it has slowly started to deteriorate :sad: im the kind of person who loves a good series more than anything. i mean ill read single books but i prefer many of them cuz it aways gives you something to look forward to after you finish one book. but recently ive started the scarlet letter which is a good read so far, just a little hard to comprehend fully for me. it was written during puritan times and they had a vey different approach to writing lol. after i finish this i want to start on the art of war which i hear is amazing. the series i have read so far are harry potter, lord of the rings, artemis fowl, cirque du freak, lemony snickets unfortunate events to name a few. now that you can see the style of books im into, does anyone have any suggestions on otherseries that are good, long, an fascinating? or even just single reads which are really good? i loe mysteries, comedies, and adventure/actions. any input would be highly appreciated!!!

Two big recommendations would be the

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan - 11 (will be 12) books all over 600pgs - frist book is The Eye of The World

Ender’s Saga - 4 books - First book is Ender’s Game, then Speaker for the Dead, the Xenocide, the Children of The Mind

The former is fantasy and the latter is science fiction but both are EXCELLENT series.

thank you very much! both sound interestng and ill be sure to check em out. many thanks!

whats sophie’s choice all about? might look into it. The Stand by Stephen King is Awesome (I don’t even like stephen king), definitely worth investing 2 weeks of your life into.
My favourite book is The Crow Road by Ian Banks. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. Even if they couldnt read.

Anyone know a really good horror/thriller book?
I haven’t read a book in a while that actually creeped me out. :tongue:

Haunted, by Chuck Palahniuk.

Thats with the different stories, right? I think I have that one, actually pretty sure I do. I will have to go look through the boxes to see if I can find it. xD

thanks Bruno :smile:

Haunted is a great book! :good: Gave me sleeping trouble, tho. Right now I’m reading The Masks of God series by Joseph Campbell and it’s amazing! For any of you who are interested in mythology/storytelling. The series was a big inspiration for George Lucas when he was writing the original Star Wars trilogy. (Along with the films of Akira Kurosawa)

Aparently Chuck pahnaluki’s a good author. My favourite band named one of their songs after quotes in his book. & one song they did is aparently a musical … intro? to his book silent monsters?

Noughts & Crosses trilogy was amazing. (L)

At the moment I’m reading “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain. It’s for a university course on American Literature, but I’m enjoying it as if I was reading it just for myself :smile:

I’m reading “The Dead Beat”
It’s about “Lost souls, lucky stiffs, and the perverse pleasures of obituaries.”
I actually read a lot of books about writing, specifically newspapers.

WoT rules so much :woo: big immature grin
Enders game … yes i might like to try this …

and a book with “only” 400 pages is sometimes finshed in two and a half days by me so … (sometimes even a bit faster …)

I’m currently reading Brisingr ( Eragon 3 ) and Artemis Fowl and the time paradox (book 6).
Oh and a book called “Starbook”, it’s pretty good. XD

wierd, i’m reading Fight Club at the moment…

Ive just finished re-reading the philip pullmans dark materials trilogy,
Northern lights, the subtle knife & Amber spyglass. Amazing.
Theres been a film made about it earlier this year, based on the 1st book.

:yes:

Great books, really.
But for the film, well… :neutral:

Re-reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Up next is the up-teenth reading of Alice in Wonderland.

i’ve just started on ‘a brief history of time’ by steven hawkins.

I have kind of recently finished up a seires called, “Cirque Du Freak” by Darren Shan or for all you European’s it would be called, “The Saga”. It was really good and about vampires. I’m am new to this whole ordeal but another series Darren writes is called the Demoneta and it’s about how demons have a separate universe that is totally different than the real world and the characters can use magic it and that is what I am kind of picturing lucid dreaming to be like. but if you have any good fanasey or thriller books I am open for suggestions.