Silene capensis dream root

Copy from internet:

Silene capensis (syn. Silene undulata) (also known as African Dream Root) is a plant native to the Eastern Cape of South Africa, where is regarded by the Xhosa people as a sacred plant. Its root is traditionally used to induce vivid (and according to the Xhosa, prophetic) lucid dreams during the initiation process of shamans, classifying it a naturally-occurring oneirogen similar to the more well-known dream herb Calea zacatechichi.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this root, and wants to shared the experience, before I spend money and time to try it?

Thx…

Here’s a couple of reviews from Azarius:
“hi,
i bought 10 grams.
When i took the dream root, i cut it into small pieces and drank it in a cup of water water (i also swallowed the pieces) 4 hours before i went to bed. It did not work somehow.
The second time i took it as a tea in the morning and it did not work either…i do not know if i missed something in the description how to use it, but for me it was just a loss of money.”

“Probeer een (weed)grinder of een koffiemolen of een vijzel of een groot mes en een snijplank en wat geduld of een mixer of rasp of desnoods een vriesdrooginstallatie of windmolen, je woont in Nederland toch ?”

“Allemaal wel leuk dat jullie het verkopen maar vermeld er dan ook DUIDELIJK bij hoe je het moet gebruiken!!

I have no idea what the deutch/netherlandish reviews says, but you should be able to understand it.

Well the dutch stuff is not really adding something. It seems like a placebo to me… The question is when you buy it do you get the real stuff or some branches that do nothing…

I have a huge experience with african dream root. It is avalaible as a whole root or as a powder. It acts almost the same as calea zacatechichi. You need 0,2-0,4g for one day, unlike calea in which case you gotta eat more than 1g of awful leaves.

I realized that the quality of the dreams escaladed and they are more mysterious.
Wanna know something more? Just ask.

How did the African shamans consume it? Did the make tea, or smoke it? I doubt anybody will be willing to smoke it without knowing from conclusive research the effects it is supposed to have…

Well McGawron that interensting to hear. Yes I have some more questions for you:
Did the root make you lucid?
Is it worth the effort and money?
What do you mean with “more escaladed” in what way?
Does it work only with a technique or does it always work?

Thx

Shamans never smoked it and I do not recommend it as well. The easiest way is to eat the root, or mix the powder with your food. You can make a drink with a foam, and drink only the foam - never tried it before, cause I found eating very convienient.

Nukem —> all depends on you and your resistance for active substance, for example I am very immune and never got lucid thanks to dream root. But my friend told me that whenever he takes silene capensis he has very lucid dreams.

Effects will come after 2-3 days of eating, I think dream root is worth buying, try if you want - it’s not so expensive.

Techniques are very important, and it is not so easy to get lucid, but probably quality of your dreams will escalade with no effort (plus your effort you can get lucid). And remember that Dream Root opens your subconsience for divine knowledge and gives you some new possibilities. Good luck!

Thx Mc Gawron,

Thanks to you I will now try the root. So Ill post what happens. It will take some time though…

To be continued…

Here’s a link to a place that has more info on them: link to seller removed, please read guidelines - better to Quote the relevant part of what you want to say.

“This product is not sold for the purpose of human consumption or cosmetic use.” Hmmm.

I’m currently waiting to revceive my order from link to seller removed, please read guidelines. I’ve purchased many entheogenic seeds from them and afew other websites. Amoung them are both of the dream herbs u mentioned. i am very keen to try them and and to try and find a mixture that works well.

When i go to try them, i believe i will make a combination tea out of them and possibly some other herbs, smoke some aswell, as to have it being introdruced to my body in 2 different ways, i will also put some wormwood leaves in my pillow, as i’ve heard from a grower that about 5 leaves in your pillow can give u astral projection like dreams. I have high hopes for my experiments and once they’re up and running i’ll let people know the results.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was wondering if there was any news Re: African Dream Root?

so i’m wondering, from experience, what herbs people have tried to successfully produce vivid, lucid dreams. i just ordered some african dream root. has anyone tried that??

Well…

I have never used psychoactives of any sort, not even been drunk, don’t smoke and I’m near vegan, so maybe this makes me sensitive.

I, after some consideration, decided to go a bit against my habits since I haven’t had so many lucid dreams lately. I ordered 25gr of pieces of the root from a Dutch webshop.

I decided to try this out, since it was not supposed to affect waking consciousness, and didn’t seem that strong- reports on efficiency are vague at best.

So I chewed on a small piece (maybe less than 1cm long, and very thin) around afternoon, since from what I had been reading I got the image that the active substances go slowly in the body, and you need to build the amount of them up anyway over a period of days.
Then before going to sleep I chewed on and ate an another even smaller, maybe 5mm piece, that was also very thin.

I slept pretty normal, remembered one very ordinary dream upon awakening.

BUT

It was still night, and I realized I’m thirsty so I stood up, and almost hit a wall when I tried to walk because my head was swimming so much.
Gradually over a course of one hour I had a growing sense of vertigo and general feeling of sickness, that was very unpleasant.
I tried enjoying the feeling in my head, and tried different meditation techniques, but didn’t get far because the intense feeling of vertigo and pressure in my head made concenctration impossible.
At some time I started to tremble, and my heart was racing at about 200bpm.

So I decided to stop trying to sleep more or anything, and stood up. Taking a walk out in the freezing air with car noises and stuff to keep my attention helps keep my mind together, and now that I’m writing this, I still need to concentrate a lot to hit the right buttons since my body coordination is slow and inaccurate, and my head still starts to swim like mad if I close my eyes.

So maybe I’ll get back to the aftereffects, if any, later this evening :razz:

But, thus far the experience has been most unpleasant, and I urge sensitive people not to take seriously the claim that this stuff does not affect the waking mind!