What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

Yes, his Dark Materials is excellent, maybe my second favorite series behind WoT.

I am about to start on the Twilight series tommorrow…we’ll see what I think of it.

i’ve read about half of the “servants of twilight”
but i got bored and started reading something else.
that was like…a year ago. :razz:

I’m reading Eldest by christopher something-or-other. It’s in my back-pack but I’m too lazy to get it. :tongue:

I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. I have read every book in the Cirque du freak series. And I have read all the books so far in the Demonata series. :cloud9: God, I got so into some of those books, I got emotional…(shuddup) when…well, I won’t spoil it for other people who might be reading it. :wink:

cough Uhh, right now I am reading “Remember Me” by Christopher Pike.

My all time favourite is ‘The Earthquake Bird’ by Susana Jones, i re-read it once in a while just because it makes me feel good just to enter its atmosphere, and the last I read is ‘The House of Sleep’ by Jonathan Coe

Making work work for the highly sensitive person, by Barrie S. Jaeger.

The Forest House by Marion Zimmer Bradley
2012 Maya Cosmogenesis by John Major Jenkins
Tantra - The Path of Ecstasy by Georg Feuerstein

I always get myself involved in more than one book at a time…
:content:

Nietzsche’s Daybreak <3

Right now I’m reading Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, pretty good so far!

I’m reading “player of the games” by Iain M. Banks.
My second Banks book, my first one was Consider Phlebas and I wasn’t too interested in that one but this one has me intrigued from the start :happy:
So, I’ll probably start on a third Banks book after this, hoping this one is better than the first^^

I even read several pages naming different games and talking about games and the game and so on , several pages before I lost the game :tongue:

1984, yeah. :cool:

I’ve just started reading “A Game of Thrones” by George R. R. Martin. It’s my second time reading it, actually, but I have to do something during the 3.5 hours I spend on the train every day :razz:

I’m reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in school. It’s interesting, because a few years ago when I went to my grandparents’ house, we visited Hannibal, where Mark Twain grew up. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are both based in that town. Like, the caves that are so prominent in Tom Sawyer are real caves, and we explored them. While we were there.

Anyway, after exploring the area that inspired Huckleberry Finn before I read it, it’s interesting reading the book now and remembering. It brings back memories of the caves and the town.

Wow, that’s pretty awesome that you got to visit the place where the book is based. I read it myself for a university course on American literature a month ago or so. I’d love to go to the US and explore quite a few areas. Unfortunately that won’t really be possibly for me (money, blergh). But glad you got to enjoy it :happy:

I am reading the Interpretation of Dreams by Sigmund Freud.

The first section was pretty hard to get through as he was laying out (and to some extent debunking) a lot of theories that were around before his book. Most of those theories are no longer prevalent and many of the things Freud talks about in his book have become accepted now. So it all seems a bit obvious from the point of view of someone reading the book in 2008. I just have to keep reminding myself he wrote the book in 1900.

But the rest of the book has been really interesting so far, the actual analysis of dreams is really cool.

Star Wars: Darth Bane: Rule of Two. Sith lords ftw! I can feel the power emanating from the pages.

Me too but for me it’s the first time :wink: I bought it since I heard many good things about it and when I started reading it the other day I didn’t find it so interesting but when I had read some more pages(“chapters” perhaps) I started to like it and now I enjoy it.

I think I started to like it at the moment they adopted the direwolves

Reading Sartre

Dracula By Bram Stoker
Warbreaker By Brandon Stocker

Im going to get myself The new Trudi Canavan Books ASAP (no i wnat get 'em for christmas … i know that . :cool: )
@Magnus I read many good critiques on several Forums and the sample i read was not bad …

The Magic Thief: Sarah Prineas
It is really good for LD’s because a Thief learns to use magic and becomes a wizards apprentice and after a while it gives me ideas on how to use magic in a LD.