How did you get here?

I was reading a NiGHTS retrospective and it talked about how the game sparked “A following of lucid dreamers”. Curious as to what that was, I wikipedia’d it and it BLEW MY MIND! So I did some searching and was eventually linked to this site through wikibooks, so I decided to join.

I was watching a video on youtube, and he said to come here for a really good LDing site.

What eventually led me to discover this site, was a program on the discovery channel. It was about the super powers of the human body or something. They then did a segment of it on the brain, and how knowledge is stored in it that we don’t know about. Then it showed someone using the NOVA Dreamer. The thing that covers your eyes and flashes light at you to inhibit REM. I look this up and I came across LD’s. I think just randomly stumbled across this site, and so now, here I am :peek:

To be honest I don’t even remember how I got here… I don’t even know where I got the idea of lucid dreaming.

The earliest chat logs I have are from October 2005, when I started saving everything. I did a text search and found that I had been discussing lucid dreaming at that time. I know I first got into the idea when I found LD4all, but at the time I didn’t get much farther than just the main site. I might have had a quick look on the forums, but it wasn’t until 2007 that I actually registered here, when I wanted to attempt it more seriously.

A friend linked me… and I couldn’t stop reading…

It started when I had my second lucid dream, and I wanted to know what was going on, I spent almost an entire week looking for an answer, and I found Dreamviews. That was boring, so I kept searching a day later, when finally I came across LD4all and I thought, “whoa!” But that was in April, so I kind of dropped the whole thing for a few months and here I am, returned and finally registered!

I posted on here earlier ago, but now I"m going to do it in detail.

One day, I was just looking at random stuff on wikipedia. I remember looking up ‘dream’ in wikipedia. Soon, I somehow got to wikibooks, which I then put in dream, to see what I would find.

I found the lucid dreaming wikibook. I didn’t know what a lucid dream was at the time, so I just thought it meant Normal Dreams. That’s when I saw the ‘control’ section of the wikibook. I was shocked. I never knew you could control dreams! I further researched this subject, and got to the lucid crossroads. I decided to have a lucid dream that night. (I didn’t, but…)

Soon I got to dreamviews, but was bored of it. I started lurking ld4all, and found it much better than dreamviews. I registered, and, here I am today. looks back all the way to July 2008 haha! I was such a LD newb back then.

I was searching for techniques on remembering dreams and found this forum. So it was a search engine.

TBH, arabinator told me about this place and I dont regret that I joined here, everyone are so kind to each other :smile:

EDIT: BTW, :welcome: Mintyrose to LD4all :cool_raz:

When I was younger I would have a lot of nightmares, and in most I would realize it’s a dream and try to wake myself up. In one of them a few years ago, I was unable to wake up, so I materialized a gun and shot the burglar who came into my house. The next day I was all amazed that if I realized I was dreaming I could do anything I wanted, so I really wanted to realize I was dreaming again, so I could use a Digivice and have my own Digimon. I then had a DILD in which I was in my grandfather’s house, and attempted unsuccessfully to realize my fantasy. Afterward I looked up “dreaming while knowing you’re dreaming” on Google and found out the official term, “lucid dreaming”, and found Dreamviews, LD4all, and the Wikipedia article on lucid dreaming.

Link from another site

Link from /x/ :happy:

moved from the gathering :wnvoss:
Heres mine:
I was standing behind my sister one day, she was on first class (The school’s bbs system, [e-mail]) And she went into the Speak out folder. We were reading the various comments of other students when we came across a question asking “Can you controll your dreams?”, We laughed at it and said she was silly. But then we noticed a reply to the question. We clicked on it, and it was a link to Ld4all.
We clicked on it and looked around the guide for a bit. My sister didn’t think it could be true, so she left. I was intruiged, so I surfed around and studied up, eventully registering here on Ld4all.com. :smile:

I always wonder though, who posted that link, was it someone here at ld4all? :eh:

I envisioned myself posting here in a dream, har har

No, I’ve just been getting into lucid dreaming the past few days and found this site on a Google search for lucid dreams. Seems like a neat place, plus the website has a killer design.

I believe i found this site from the Lucidipedia forum

I’ve been on hiatus for four years.

my way isnt here :sad:

i got here because i posted a question on yahoo answers asking if there was anyway to influence what you dream about a complete stranger pointed me to this site and i joined because lucid dreaming rocks :content:

Well, there was this program on TV about the superpowers that humans may soon be capable of. It mentioned the nova dreamer. They made it out to be some super invention. That led me to use Google to search nova dreamer. I had always had LDs, but never really looked up a forum for them. I then found this site when I searched it finally! All of the other forums looked incredibly bland and boring! :tongue:

I found this site via Erowid, when I was browsing their lucid dreaming section. The guide on this site is very helpful, I’m quite thankful to have found this place! I plan to stay for quite awhile :smile:.

Link from Wikipedia! Hoooray for Wikipedia! :woo: