An interesting article about LDing

It’s about the usual stuff, but it also contains some interesting details:

post-gazette.com/pg/03345/249893.stm

I like the article thanks for sharing it…but this person bothers me…

“I’m not a fan of lucid dreaming,” said Cartwright, who directs the Sleep Disorders Service and Research Center at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. “It is trying to redesign the mind in a way I don’t think is necessarily helpful. It gives people false hope.”

Isn’t false hope the same as all religions and such? I could be wrong but that person kind of sounds like a jackass if I’m right. :eh:

Thanks Mystic, an interesting read. I was, however, angered by the nonsense spewed forth in the “Skeptics” section.

Whether or not lucid dreaming has it been demonstarted to help with improving personal skills doesn’t matter to me at all. What’s wrong with using them as a form of entertainment? As far as I’m concerned, that’s their primary purpose, and it’s by far the most valuable. What’s life if you can’t have fun? Meaningless - that’s what.

Aww, it gives you a headache? That’s too bad. It seems you have some kind of unhealthy reaction to them. Does that make lucidity a bad thing in general? Of course not, nobody else complains of an uneasy feeling, or headaches - it’s just you! So shut up, and stop talking nonsense about the technique that works well for everyone else.

Sorry, had to get that out.

shakes head Some people, eh? :roll:

You all just have bad attitudes, I took it with a laugh. In fact, I was laughing at most of the skeptics section, it was totally the wrong angle. One thing did bother me though:

I dunno bout you, but i’ve altered every aspect in a dream before… :confused: I concentrate on where I wanna be, close my eyes, open em again, and there I am.