Anyone had a DC tell them they're dreaming?

This happened to me recently. Second to last entry in my DJ It seems perfectly normal. Don’t you talk to yourself in real life? In dreams that voice is merely personified.

Similar topic: Getting advice of Lucid Dreaming… from DCs

I’ve never had a DC tell I’m dreaming but I have tried to convince DCs that they are not real and they are just in a lucid dream. Believe me they do not like it when you do that. :eek:
The Luciddator :eek:

Yes, my grandma screamed it at me til i was lucid once…

I’ve had a DC tell me I’m dreaming before, but I didn’t believe them. I was sure banging my head on the wall when I woke up.

I take that back, I have had it happen to me.
One of my friends (DC) told me I was dreaming while I was in a parking garage and they told me I could do anything, even fly, and they flew out of the garage.

I didn’t become lucid, kind of a slap in the face when I woke up.

I had a DC tell me they were dreaming the other night, but I hadn’t realised that it was in fact my dream…

My DC’s are mostly skeptical at the thogut that this is a dream (but not so much as some here have experienced…)
I had a dream where two DC’s of ppl i know (DSD :razz: ) told me i was dreaming .
it happens with me , but not often …

I’d say 80% of the time my DCs almost always act the same way they are IRL, and usually don’t notice me.
The Luciddator

I can recall one time when I was hiding from a bear, my friend was laughing and I asked what so funny. He thought it was funny that I did not know it was a dream but he knew. As I am the one telling him about lucid dreaming and he is the one who never follows mydirectionson that. So he revealed the fact that this was a dream. The student outdid the teacher, as it were.

I don’t think your theory of a conscious and a subconscious “you” is correct, but assuming it was, why would the subconscious you want to keep the conscious you from lucid dreaming? I suppose that even if it was so, the subconsious is so often assumed to work in illogical ways, that it revealing the dreamstate makes sense, just because it does not make sense in regards to the position of keeping you from lucid dreaming. Thereby proving that the subconscious does not always make sense.
This is similar to the SC trying to make things as realistic as possible, but sometimes throwing in a pink elephant.

I don’t have a lot experience talking to DC’s, but many times I don’t believe they are just dream characters, especially these ones that warn you things. I think maybe calling them just “dream characters” is not seeing their real value. I don’t know exactly, but I strongly believe we can deal with real entity in our dreams, like your spirit guide, for exemple.

Try calling that girl in your next LD and talk to her.

ye in my dream my teacher called all the school to the hall to announce an announcement. She told us we were all dreaming HAAHA! nd i became lucid after that followed by a FA. preettyy random!

hasn’t happened to me, but I talked to DCs about lucid dreaming quite a few times.

No i havent had them outrightly say im lucid – ive had them sing about it and talk about dreams and lucidity :lol:

I have tried to ask a DC to remind me when im lucid once, but no luck as of yet :sad:

OMG1 that is sooo cool ! i wish my Dc’s told me. i think it has to do with ur brain and how it reminds u what u were thinking or wanting…

I haven’t had them tell my I am In a dream, but I have had one remind me to do last month’s quest. I was already Lucid when he reminded me anyway…
(The quest was…Quest for October: listen)

when i’ve been semi-lucid ive asked DC’s if i am dreaming but they never say yes. They normally say well maybe, or ‘I’m not sure’ or something.

I never had a character tell me, but I had a dog with white cape fly right in front of me, so I might as well have been told :content:

I know its a tad off-topic, but i think my SC tries to tell me in other ways, tying in with what soulconsole said.
I get stung on my hand, (making me look at my hand…) get left notes with writing on them (which if i reread would change… but i dont usually :razz:)

So yeah… i think thats my SC’s way of trying to get me lucid :razz:

Just gotta boost my awareness for it to work.

Hell yes! —and not just any DC, oh no: Q told me I was dreaming.

The way i look at it DC 's are just another part of the whole ‘me’, as in my complete being… Given the characteristics of people around me… after all, your whole dreamworld is build from influences from what you see IRL every day.

That being said; if you want to dream lucid, there is a part of you that thinks about making yourself aware of dreaming. I think it’s that part that tells you you’re in a dream, or leaves hints or whatsoever.

I’ve heard people saying it’s just a quick reaction of your brain, as soon as you figure out you’re dreaming, your brain processes it and a DC tells you you’re dreaming. Though i don’t believe in that, since i’ve had DC’s telling me i’m dreaming and i just ignored it, or just didn’t become lucid.

A while ago i was making soup (i never make soup :neutral: ) and i was sturring it with a big feather (don’t ask)… so i tell my brother, who was also there, “Any idea why the soup is turning blue?” (The soup was real blueish, with blue clouds comming from the pan)
So he shrugs and says: “No idea, guess it’s all possible when dreaming”.
I then smiled and told him i’d return the favor sometime… i then turned lucid and went outside, noticed i was in a forest with lots of snow, some weird fantasy kind of area… have yet to return the favor though, he doesn’t want to know a thing about Lucid dreaming.