Juice increases vividness of dreams?

[url]O.J.]

I had a run-in with some orange juice that gave me some pretty wicked and vivid dreams but it seems more likely it was just a coincidence? Maybe I should run an experiment to test this out.

I have an audio I downloaded from them, recorded from when they were talking about LDs on radio, I think.

Yes, I’ve also read a few articles on Pavlina’s website, which inspired me to try polyphasic sleeping.

Regarding juice… now that it has been mentioned, I’ve been drinking purely organic juice (along with occasional snacks) since mid October and I have noticed a significant increase in my dream recall and vividness.

Let’s try this. I’m willing to trial a juice-feast in the name of science. :smile:

You should put this in the Lucid Lab, it would make a good experiment, definitely worth trying.

I’m not prepared to give up solid food altogether (even for super vivid dreams) but I wouldn’t mind knowing if the introduction of fresh juice to my diet would significantly increase vividness…

haha, how long can you live off stricltly juice? cause i’m totally willing to give this a go. and giving up solid food for a shor time is ok with me, as long as it’s not uncomfortable.

Steve Pavlina went 3 months, but presumably you could go indefinitely if it suited you…

Wait, Tomothy…

Steve Pavlina only made it through one month. He planned to go 3 months, 92 days, but aborted the program after day 31.

(Sounds gravely challenging. And expensive.)

Oh right… must have misread. My apologies.

No problem at all. I thought for a moment I was missing something myself when the updates stopped at Day 31. But, it was Steve that was missing something. About 61 days of something…

I think what we need to do is assess Pavlina’s errors and correct them in our own experiments. I recall him mentioning not getting enough fat in his juice feast. Perhaps introducing an almond-soy protein shake could properly solve the problem. (A chocolate-soy blend sounds great, too.) Barley and wheat grass can be blended with the juices, also. You know, to fit in those grains and whatnot…

Do they recommend a certain juice ?, like orange juice over apple juice or w/e ?

I might give this a try, a glass of juice at night before bed doesn’t sound bad

@Kurei: In this instance what they are talking about is considerably more than a glass of juice before bed. It seems to be juice, and only juice, for three months. As to what kinds of juice, I’m not sure…

Steve linked to another website about link to seller removed - read guidelines .

But if you just want to try juice before bed I don’t see why you couldn’t turn it into a personal experiment. Double-o-darko posted above about having vivid dreams post orange juice drinking so that might be a good place to start?

I will try this!
runs off in the night to buy O.J.

Well, juice has always seem to have had some effect on me, and as you know I also take Omega-3 daily. I came across this today. Hope you look it up. It is a combination of the two. :wink:
https://www.omega3powder.com/omega3recipebook.aspx

I just bought some…keeping you to update
Gonna try this tonight in WBTB method.

EDIT:I just found the juicemaker…I made a mix out of an orange and two mandarines.It was about 2/6 l
It tastes good :happy:
Am i allowed to add sugar?

:peek: long off topic rant self-edit

Vioje, that sounds very interesting. Have you noticed any effect on your dreams from this diet?

I can’t say yet as I’ve only been playing with this for a short while in a very uncontrolled environment…meaning there are just too many other shifting variables in my life right now, and I think the biggest ones regarding my dreamlife are the general levels of stress and my prioritizing/de-prioritizing dreams…

experimenting with the diet thing wasn’t specifically dream-related…and actually it coincided with my kind of letting myself slide into a dryspell of recall (let alone lucidity) :shy: … It has been a lesson in basics,
DREAMLIFE101: “You Either Cultivate Dream-related Intentions, or Not”
DREAMLIFE102: “Dreams are good for you, so do intend to connect with them!”
but I guess i shouldn’t forget 103: "Don’t worry too much bout it! :peek: "

Actually it’s required to go for 92 days, so I wouldn’t quite agree with you.

I tried to do this last night, though I didn’t drink very much, only about half a glass. Also, I have been slacking off writing my dreams down for about a month.

That said, I don’t recall any dreams last night, which is odd for me. I can usually remember my dreams very well (when I try) and I used a very elaborate sleep schedule-

6-8pm nap
8-10pm awake, eating dinner, t.v., etc
10pm-2am sleep
2-3am awake, write in dream journal *, read dream journal. meditate
3-7am sleep
7am wake up for work

Well, none of the several times I woke up could I remember even the tail end of a dream*! It was almost like I didn’t dream at all, which I know can’t be true, but I didn’t have even the vaguest recollection of it.

I don’t want to totally blame the apple juice, tho. Maybe if I had been more productive with my recall lately it would have helped. I suppose it’s possible that I had a very vivid dream and simply couldn’t remember it. But it doesn’t feel like it.