Lucid dreaming used to "unlock" abilitys

Do you think its possible that through Lucid dreaming you could “unlock” certain powers or ability’s in your brain? Maybe not things like Telekinesis(because thats just to movie-ish), but increased memory, ability to remember much much more than normal and things like that?

Its an interesting thought, What do you guys think… I’m not very knowledgeable on the brain, i just know quite a bit on Lucid dreaming >.<

2 Likes

definitely :happy: if you used it to go over things you already knew or study i guess haha sounds like a neat idea

Yes, its possible. Regarding telekinesis its full possible to unlock it. There are no limits, only yourself.
Ive been more understanding thanks of LD’s :content:

hmm… Studying In My Dreams, would it be effective? Would sure save me time in Day

lol yeah it wud save time if we studied during dreams :cool:

If there were a way to make a dream seem like a day, a week, a month. And then able to study something such as… practising piano? That would be a VERY GOOD TEST. Imagine a piano, make a simple song and then play it in waking life :happy:

I play piano myself, for about 2 years. I should defiantly try this…

I used this to study for Finals. I replaced a horrible teacher with my favourite. It worked and I aced the test =D. But I didn’t know about this thread at the time.

I had a friend, Colin, who was reading an article about the way our brain works in pressure situations. An example would be a potential car crash, where things seem to slow down similar to Matrix bullet-time.

Colin’s father was taught by his army buddies how to control his heart beat and said it’s kind of like flexing a muscle, you just need to know how to do it. Colin has a theory that you could learn how to control any of of your body’s physiological functions if you just knew how.

He wants to use Lucid Dreaming as a way to learn and control this particular bullet-time ability (as well presumably as other things like heart-rate and serotonin or adrenaline release).

1 Like

Increasing memory would interrest me (ok SD says my memory is too good already but nvm :lol: )
Bullet time not bad … altough i think it is impossible to ACT so fast as to realy escape a bullet even if you saw it like in the films …

Yeah, I don’t think bullet time allows you to physically move faster, so much as it does increase your reactions. You would be diving out of the way before the other person had even pulled the trigger.

Wich leads to another interresting Abbility one could strive for … reading human body language perfectly/ learning to better estimate other persons reactions (will he shoot ? Will he have a breakdown and weep ? etc…)

Call it what you like, but my memory went from poor at best to nearly photographic by lucid dreaming. It really forces you to pay attention to details and question little things. Noticing these types of things vastly enhances your memory, in my experience.

As for other abilities, I suppose it would give you massive (and I mean really massive) time to study if you could LD for large amounts of time. The amount of knowledge you could accumulate with a few extra hours a night (which could seem like days, assuming you had the ability to control time in your dreams) is quite large.

Actual physical benefits? Eh, I’m the skeptical type, I’ll believe it when I see it.

wow man i wish i could do that unlocking abilities would be awsome
how would you find it in your dream though

I think our mind and body is capable far byond our knowledge. It’s a nature thing I believe. The abilities that surface in the process of evolution- Like longer lifetime, stronger immunesystem and maybe the ability to recreate different substances in your body. If you’d force your brain to act in a certain “destress” mode (And I believe the closest you’ll ever get to full controll of your mind is through a lucid dream).

you can learn telekinesis while you are awake

how would lucid dreaming teach it to you ?

As a kid I dreamed and hoped for an ability for lack of a better term. Stumbling accross LDs. I thought that coulda been it. But once you get into the layers of brain activity required to have LDs it opens up a realm of possibility. Little fact : Nothing is going to happen in dec 2012. The change will be done according to theology. Anyone else feel the change coming. Maybe our next adaptation is now necessary . Humans are on the brink of something really good or really bad. Hopes it’s an ability.

Maybe lucid dreaming will become more generally recognised as a tool to developing ideas and learning and will become mainstream like maths, and children will start doing it from when they are young, then it may become an effortless skill for future generations, and used to solve problems which were previously unsolvable, like a perpetual motion machine.

I was wondering if an Edgar Cayce approach was possible, he used to sleep on book and in the morning wake up and known the contents of the book. Is that possible with LD’s?

Having tried this as a last resort after many failed attempts of studying the material for an exam, my test scores prove that this is just a load of crap! And the stupid thing is… I tried it more than once! :help: Best read the book.

undoubtably