Pause Time

Lucid dreaming used to "unlock" abilitys

Author  Message 
Blessedspirit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Lucid dreaming used to "unlock" abilitys
PostPosted: Sat 20 Dec, 2008  Reply with quote

Do you think its possible that through Lucid dreaming you could "unlock" certain powers or ability's in your brain? Maybe not things like Telekinesis(because thats just to movie-ish), but increased memory, ability to remember much much more than normal and things like that?

Its an interesting thought, What do you guys think.. I'm not very knowledgeable on the brain, i just know quite a bit on Lucid dreaming >.<

ldluck

definitely :D if you used it to go over things you already knew or study i guess haha sounds like a neat idea

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

Re: Lucid dreaming used to "unlock" abilitys

Blessedspirit wrote:
Do you think its possible that through Lucid dreaming you could "unlock" certain powers or ability's in your brain? Maybe not things like Telekinesis(because thats just to movie-ish),

Yes, its possible. Regarding telekinesis its full possible to unlock it. There are no limits, only yourself.
Ive been more understanding thanks of LD's turn3

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Zach121
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Dont Know #

hmm... Studying In My Dreams, would it be effective? Would sure save me time in Day

soulconsole
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 15

lol yeah it wud save time if we studied during dreams siiw

Blessedspirit
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 21 Dec, 2008  Reply with quote

If there were a way to make a dream seem like a day, a week, a month. And then able to study something such as.. practising piano? That would be a VERY GOOD TEST. Imagine a piano, make a simple song and then play it in waking life :D

I play piano myself, for about 2 years. I should defiantly try this..

LD count: 1 (Low-Lucid)

PostPosted: Mon 22 Dec, 2008  Reply with quote

I used this to study for Finals. I replaced a horrible teacher with my favourite. It worked and I aced the test =D. But I didn't know about this thread at the time.

Tomothy
Oneiromancer
Astral Explorer
LD count: A few

I had a friend, Colin, who was reading an article about the way our brain works in pressure situations. An example would be a potential car crash, where things seem to slow down similar to Matrix bullet-time.

Colin's father was taught by his army buddies how to control his heart beat and said it's kind of like flexing a muscle, you just need to know how to do it. Colin has a theory that you could learn how to control any of of your body's physiological functions if you just knew how.

He wants to use Lucid Dreaming as a way to learn and control this particular bullet-time ability (as well presumably as other things like heart-rate and serotonin or adrenaline release).

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

Increasing memory would interrest me (ok SD says my memory is too good already but nvm lach1 )
Bullet time not bad .. altough i think it is impossible to ACT so fast as to realy escape a bullet even if you saw it like in the films ...

Tomothy
Oneiromancer
Astral Explorer
LD count: A few

Yeah, I don't think bullet time allows you to physically move faster, so much as it does increase your reactions. You would be diving out of the way before the other person had even pulled the trigger.

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

Wich leads to another interresting Abbility one could strive for .. reading human body language perfectly/ learning to better estimate other persons reactions (will he shoot ? Will he have a breakdown and weep ? etc..)

Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Dozens.

PostPosted: Thu 01 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

Call it what you like, but my memory went from poor at best to nearly photographic by lucid dreaming. It really forces you to pay attention to details and question little things. Noticing these types of things vastly enhances your memory, in my experience.

As for other abilities, I suppose it would give you massive (and I mean really massive) time to study if you could LD for large amounts of time. The amount of knowledge you could accumulate with a few extra hours a night (which could seem like days, assuming you had the ability to control time in your dreams) is quite large.

Actual physical benefits? Eh, I'm the skeptical type, I'll believe it when I see it.

thebotanist
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

wow man i wish i could do that unlocking abilities would be awsome
how would you find it in your dream though

MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

PostPosted: Sat 24 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I think our mind and body is capable far byond our knowledge. It's a nature thing I believe. The abilities that surface in the process of evolution- Like longer lifetime, stronger immunesystem and maybe the ability to recreate different substances in your body. If you'd force your brain to act in a certain "destress" mode (And I believe the closest you'll ever get to full controll of your mind is through a lucid dream).

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

you can learn telekinesis while you are awake

how would lucid dreaming teach it to you ?

print