How to fall asleep faster?

It may take 30 minutes for me to fall asleep. If I sleep on my back, I can get into a relaxed state, but I find it almost impossible to sleep. I fall asleep so slowly that there’s no point in even trying to do WILD. I have also started lately to meditate, and I have the same problem with meditation. I’m using Silva Ultramind method. They say it’s a common problem to fall asleep, but in my case it seems that I’m not even reaching alpha level. Any advice?

Well,i can’t fall asleep on my back either.
I feel like the gravity is affecting my inner organs,like they’re sinking,and tickle me,especially the liver.
Well,you coukld try getting really sleepy by watching a late movie…that’s what i usually do.It works for me.

Drink milk. :grin:

Progressive relaxation, visualization, conscious breathing.

Worst case scenario is that you end up in the hypnagogic state for a prolonged period of time without transitioning into REM. You just need to be patient.

for me if anyone is talking or watching TV so that i can hear it i cant fall asleep. try going to sleep with no noise. if not try playing a white noise in your room. white noise is just a humming sound that almost every electronic makes. it is supposed to help you fall asleep faster.

Thaks for all replies. Usually there is no distracting noise when I go to sleep. Somehow I’m able to relax in chair but I can’t relax in bed (although I have never slept in chair). I can’t either relax if I’m too tired. And by the way, I have never experienced hypnagogic state :sad: .

Why is it called white noise? The heating element of my aquarium does make such a humming noise, but I only have my aquarium since shortly. I’ll see if it helps falling asleep. :happy:

And Erkii, do you lie on your back because it feels natural to you?

It feels natural to relax on my back, but I never sleep on my back. Usually when I’m lying on my bed I change position many times before I fall asleep.

Do you fall asleep on your side then? And does that feel more natural to you?

30 minutes isn’t that long, but it is if you’re tense. Wind down and relax, but make sure you’ve stimulated both body and mind during the day so you’re tired in both respects. It takes most people 20-40 minutes to fall asleep.

I got a soundbox for Christmas, and you can select different noises to help you sleep, it works insanely well. I was a bit unsure about how effective it would be, but it works like a dream and relaxes your brain so it isn’t on edge. I suffer badly from insomnia due to a health problem, but now I’m sleeping really well.

If you can’t afford a soundbox (they’re not that expensive actually), then ANY white noise is really good, as silence actually makes your subconscious more active, therefore making it harder to fall asleep, as humans didn’t evolve sleeping in silence. By putting in some noise, it relaxes you completely…

I’ve also noticed that my soundbox is helping me LD…

Help I have a problem,

Since i started to try to LD, I’ve had trouble falling asleep. I try my back, sides or on my stomach and my breathing tenses. It feels like I have to pant just to be comfortable. This is hard because I do affirmations and the trick where i say, If I’m not in my bed I’m dreaming. And whenever I say these phrases in my head I feel like I’m loosing breath.

Should I try a new method/sleeping position.

HELP

When I relax completely, it becomes more difficult to me to breathe. I somehow (unintendedly) breathe so that my chest moves as little as possible. What could be the cause?