A Revelation: Decide

Something ‘clicked’ in my head earlier today, and I thought I ought to share it with you. I was engaged in a somewhat difficult task, trying to do it correctly. After trying several time and failing, I said to myself “I’m going to do this. Now.” I did it, and was successful. From this, I learned how powerful it can be to just “decide” to do things. “Do or do not; there is no try” seemed to me just random philosophic rambling that didn’t really pertain to anything. Now I see all the truth behind the statement. Just decided.

It’s not an overambitious decisions where you feel all giddy and all the excitement goes away after a few days. It’s not saying “I guess I’d better do this.” No. Just decided. There is only you, and what you want to do. Do it. Go do it. Right now.

A quote that acted as a catalyst for this breakthrough:
"[…] His firewalls have opened so that the terror and the rage are out there, in the fight instead of in his head, and Anakin’s mind is as clear as a crystal bell.

In that pristine clarity, there is only one thing he must do.
Decide.
So he does.
He decides to win.
He decides that Dooku should lose the same hand he took. Decision is reality."

From Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover, based on the Screenplay by George Lucas.

Yes, Thank You

:smile:

It’s great to see you’ve had such an insightful moment.

Those are the things that push us forward, lead us to grow and evolve, with the constant increase of the realization of our infinite abilities.

cheers

Wow that’s a great way to look at things! I’m happy for you to have had that insight. :cheesy:

“Do or do not. There is no try.” One of my fave quotes.

Now if only I could have one of these insightful experiences… I do think I’m due any day.

:clap:
I’ve always thought of this before…sometime.
Thank you :smile: