The best songs to get lucid to!

For getting a MuILD (Musically Induced Lucid Dream) or something equivalent :content:
This is a list which I hope won’t die out like a failure, but live on like a success. Please reply with songs that relax you, but put you at a higher mind state, almost like a trance. In fact, songs that put you into a trance would help! One thing though; although vocals and real (not digital) instruments may sound great, they are pretty distracting, if what you’re trying to do is
List:
[m.arc, pg1] “Mike Mills” by A.I.R
[m.arc, pg1] “Cherry Blossom Girl” by A.I.R
[m.arc, pg1] “Playground Love” by A.I.R
[m.arc, pg1] (The windmill part/roughly 1:20 to 1:50 of) “Feel Good Inc.” by Gorillaz
[m.arc, pg1] “Veridis Quo” by Daft Punk
[underscore, pg1] “Busy Child” by The Chemical Brothers
[underscore, pg1] “Catching the Butterfly” by The Verve (mentions LDs directly!)
[underscore, pg1] “Last Ride In” by Green Day (soooooo relaxing)
[underscore, pg1] “Ultrasonic Sound” by Hive (maybe a little too energetic, but totally worth mentioning)
[underscore, pg1] “Lazy” by Deep Purple
[underscore, pg1] “Zombie Nation” by Kernkraft 4000
[underscore, pg1] “Sleeping Awake” by P.O.D. (is totally my LDing theme)
[m.arc, pg1] “Time to pretend” by MGMT (how could I forget that melody :content: )
[telegrammaton, pg1] “Atoms for peace” by Thom Yorke
now, onto you!

Busy Child by The Chemical Brothers
Catching the Butterfly by The Verve (mentions LDs directly!)
Last Ride In by Green Day (soooooo relaxing)
Ultrasonic Sound by Hive (maybe a little too energetic, but totally worth mentioning)
Lazy by Deep Purple
Zombie Nation by Kernkraft 4000

Also, while it’s not really relaxing or trance-like, Sleeping Awake by P.O.D. is totally my LDing theme :cool: .

thanks for the quick reply!
added on to the list

Atoms for peace- thom yorke

There are singing and real instruments in these though.

Radiohead

• How to dissapear completely
  • Reckoner
  • Everything is in his right place
  • Pyramid Song
  • You and whose army

Pink Floyd

• Dogs
  • A Pillow of Winds
  • Marooned
  • Signs of Life
  • Carefull with that Axe Eugene
  • Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
  • Celestial Voices
  • The Grand Vizier’s Garden Party

I would have to say that the envirormental music in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblvion has inspired quite a bit of lucidity and relaxing moments on my part. :smile:

it’s pretty fab ain’t it?

~Tipper~
*Over the Coals
*Forty Winks
*The Glasshouse
*Just As The Sun Went Down
*Adrift For Days
*Illabye

~Ravi Shankar~
*Most of his songs…

~Mark Deutsch~
*Most of his songs…

~Kimba Arem~
*Water Way
*Spiral Ebb
*Aqueous Air
*Liquid Reverence
*Sacred Circling

~Michael Manahan~
*Dream Within A Dream
*Renditions

~Michael Maricle~
*Watershed Descent

~Ram Narayan~
*Raga Marwa
*Mishra Des
*Mishra Bhairavi

Songs to fall asleep while listening to?
Dont really get it…
The Beatles are always heightening my consciousness.

That is the… best idea ever…

I need to find that music.

Also, Fable and Fable II music would probably tie into that.

underscore how can u fall asleep to zombie nation??!

I have always preferred movie soundtracks and soundtrack-like music at night. It has the power to make HI a lot stronger, because it tells stories and moods in a way that popular songs don’t always do. I have drifted off from HI into a dream to the LOTR soundtrack several times.

sang real by dredg
disposition by tool
i think theres a tool song for everyone.
just check it out

Howard Shore - Concerning Hobbits

Clickety click it. ;D

Anything by Pink Floyd. I almost WILDed once when listening to Angels and Airwaves.

Franz Ferdinand’s “Lucid Dreams”. Just sing the song all day long and do a RC every time it pops up in your head. Bet you sing it in your lucid dreams soon enough. :spinning:

lol, good idea.
i like Franz Ferdinand and when I saw this I went
“WTF??? Lucid Dreams by Franz Ferdinand???”
I swear I did all sorts of RCs. Must’ve seemed weird to anyone who didn’t know what I was doing, trying to press my hand through my monitor ^^

Haha, I did the exact same thing when I saw that! I really like their stuff too, and I probably did about 4-5 different RCs before I clicked on the link :tongue: .

Oh, and to answer Zz’s question (from… a month ago? Oops…), Kernkraft 400 is just plain weird. I can listen to it during the day and it gets me really pumped up, but if I listen to it while falling asleep… it just puts me in a different mode. I can’t really explain it, but it’s always sort of been WILD music for me.

stairway to heaven

gotta go with franz ferdiand, too.