What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

Dracula By Bram Stoker
Warbreaker By Brandon Stocker

Im going to get myself The new Trudi Canavan Books ASAP (no i wnat get 'em for christmas … i know that . :cool: )
@Magnus I read many good critiques on several Forums and the sample i read was not bad …

The Magic Thief: Sarah Prineas
It is really good for LD’s because a Thief learns to use magic and becomes a wizards apprentice and after a while it gives me ideas on how to use magic in a LD.

Well,i’m going to start this book soon…when i’m bored.
It’s called “Greseala Vraciului” or “The Bane’s Mistake” in english :tongue:
It’s written by Joseph Delaney and is the fifth in it’s series of phantasy books.
It’s a really cool book.

I just finished reading “The Shack”

theshackbook.com/

Its about a man who goes to the shack where his daughter was murdered a few years earlier and he went back because he recieved a note saying to come, and it was signed from “Papa”, which is what his wife called God. At the shack, he meets God and spends the weekend with them.

It was a good book. Even though I don’t really follow any religon.

The Monkey Wrench Gang, by Edward Abbey,
A Clockwork Orange, by Anthony Burgess, and
The Dying Earth, by Jack Vance.

I’m almost done reading this book. I received it as a gift after I told a relative about a dream I had involving a cabin. It has thus far made me cry and laugh and reflect. There are some points where I’ve had to go back and reread a paragraph.

Yeah, the book made me cry at certain points. Mostly when they involved Missy.
It’s a great book. One that I would re-read.

I started a book by Richard Laymon. It’s called “BEWARE!”

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming - by Stephen LaBerge
Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL - Hugh E. Williams & David Lane

… I am not a nerd for reading that… :anx:

Retief! by Keith laumer
Finished warbareaker 3 days ago … i think when its officially released (yes there are pre-releases of books :razz: ) it will become quite succesfull.
GreeetZ

You are an intellectual, fine sir! Just like I am not a Conservative toff!

I kid really :content: I’ll probably have to be reading something similar for my A levels…

Recently my cousin lent me The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, and just like any other piece of work by him (The Sandman series especially. Very surreal and incredibly well written) it is absolutely amazing. Such a great writer :grin:

Game of Thrones, if incomplete, is still the most awesome fantasy I’ve read. If you want non-fantasy fiction, I just read The Godfather a little while back and it was way better than I had anticipated. I highly recommend it!

im reading warriors: rising storm

I just finished the book “The Outsiders” and soon, I’m moving on to the book “The Alchemyst” which is about “the immortal” Nicholas Flammel or something…

I stopped halfway through the Warriors series, since I’ve been busy and unable…

I also stopped halfway through the book “The Dragon of Greywood” which was written by my best friend’s aunt… good book!

This is a difficult question, as I’m sort of in the midst of quite a few lately. Somehow I just can’t seem to pick a book. But I can’t turn down an opportunity to talk about books. :tongue:

I’m mostly reading “The Princess Bride” (which is my favorite book ever,) but I’m also in the midst of Stephen King’s Night Shift which I misplaced, and then started Dracula, which I quit when I got the Princess Bride for Christmas. :ack:

I’ll finish them all eventually…

I’m going through the classics of 20th century English occultism.

Aleister Crowley, The Book of Lies.
Austin Osman Spare, The Book of Pleasure.
Ray Sherwin, The Book of Results.
Peter Caroll, Liber Null.
Greg Hill, Principia Discordia. [right]:.)[/right]

The Golden Compass - Paul Pullman. Again

I loved the film of that name!

Currently I’m reading
In Your Dreams by Tom Holt

and incase it won’t hotlink…
ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 … AA240_.jpg

It’s a very funny fantasy book :grin:

I’m reading a children’s comedy/sci-fi novel called “Whales on Stilts” which was just a random book I saw in the library!

Also, for school I’m reading a graphic novel about “Alex Rider” based on the novel “Point Blank”

Moogle wrote:

You should read the book! It’s my favorite book ever. Really good.

I’m reading Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman now.

Currently reading Nietzsche’s Daybreak for the sixth (!) time. And I’ve decided it’s no longer my favourite book, losing miserably to two others by Machado de Assis: Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas and Quincas Borba.

Good book? Fan of Gaiman here, wondering if I should pick up that book or pass.