how do YOU meditate?

Err, it’s kinda fuzzy, like if you held up a black cloth in front of your eyes, but yeah, I can see it. Also, sometimes I can see it clearly, and once I couldn’t see it at all, so vision will come and go.

Okay… so imagine yourself somewhere peaceful…

Doing this tonight, where I can actually concentrate.
Thank you! :handshake: :content: :mrgreen: :good: :clap:

My tecnique is that I close my eyes and let the imagination take me where it wants :content:

Am I doing right? I dont want to do wrong :sad:

if you are relaxed i’m pretty sure it is not wrong. the point of it for me is to quiet my mind. to stop the ‘waterfall’ of thought that keeps coming in my brain. to do this i concentrate on my breathing and count them to 10 then start over.

ghostie

meditation is not about letting the imagination take you…

that can be nice and beneficial in and of itself.

However, meditating is keeping your focus on one thing…

Do what you feel like though…
:smile:

I agree with relV on this one, ghostie. Meditation is an incredibly personal thing, and what works for each person may not work for the next. That being said, the purpose of meditation is to still your mind and keep focus on one thing, not let your thoughts run away with you. I tend to like visual types of meditation, hence the one in my earlier post, but even that takes focus to maintain and keep my head clear inside of the area. My father’s is a bit more complex and involves sitting back to back with four of himself and maintaining vision through all of them. Letting imagination guide you can be a good way to brew ideas, though.

I tried meditating today, but then my tmom just had to turn on the music really loud… :sad:

But… I felt really happy all day. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

:eek: wow, that’s… very interesting.

EDIT: that’s cool mew! :smile: congrats

Well, that’s a good start. :happy: Post up when you get the chance to do it right and tell us how it goes for you.

wolvendeer, what do you mean by sitting back to back with four of himself, i dont follow.

mew - great :smile:

it will get easier , better and much more effective with time.

This is the closest thing that I can find to it at the moment. Basically like that, only he would see through each of the four’s eyes. https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/neen_album/guided-meditation-art.gif Sit facing north, then imagine yourself sitting facing south behind you, then add another of you facing east, and finally west. According to him once you get good at it you should be able to feel and see through each of the four bodies.

oooo looks like fun ^^

by the way, mew,
dont be discouraged if someone turn on some music. Take it as a challenge.
Sometimes I deliberately put loud music on in order to overcome it, or maybe meditate to it (concentrate on listening and nothing more)
I meditate when Im in the street, when im having a meal with some people.
I dont mean to say I close my eyes and float away for a couple of hours, but maybe just for a few seconds, disconnect from the physical environment and get right back.
Those small sessions are very helpful for taming the mind and overcoming external physical stimuli.

Or if you have to ride along with people on a trip somewhere it’s nice to lay your head back and meditate, tune out the radio and conversations.

Actually, I tried meditating through music a few days ago. Every time I get to the point where I’m not listening to the music, a single thought enters my mind, and it ruins the entire thing. :sad:

dont get discouraged :smile:

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Quick Question,

Can meditating regularly help with Lucid Dreaming/Recall etc…?

Because If it does then I must learn how to :lol:
(Thats what being a noob is all about)

I believe so… someone will write something about meditation and lucid dreaming in the knowledge base.

Somebody will? Or already has. If so please link it or tell me where to find it I’m very interested in meditation it sounds fun and soothing.:music:

Somebody will. :wink:

Oh ok thanks.

So mew what are your experiences with the effect of meditation on dreams?