how do YOU meditate?

:eek: wow, that’s… very interesting.

EDIT: that’s cool mew! :smile: congrats

Well, that’s a good start. :happy: Post up when you get the chance to do it right and tell us how it goes for you.

wolvendeer, what do you mean by sitting back to back with four of himself, i dont follow.

mew - great :smile:

it will get easier , better and much more effective with time.

This is the closest thing that I can find to it at the moment. Basically like that, only he would see through each of the four’s eyes. https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/neen_album/guided-meditation-art.gif Sit facing north, then imagine yourself sitting facing south behind you, then add another of you facing east, and finally west. According to him once you get good at it you should be able to feel and see through each of the four bodies.

oooo looks like fun ^^

by the way, mew,
dont be discouraged if someone turn on some music. Take it as a challenge.
Sometimes I deliberately put loud music on in order to overcome it, or maybe meditate to it (concentrate on listening and nothing more)
I meditate when Im in the street, when im having a meal with some people.
I dont mean to say I close my eyes and float away for a couple of hours, but maybe just for a few seconds, disconnect from the physical environment and get right back.
Those small sessions are very helpful for taming the mind and overcoming external physical stimuli.

Or if you have to ride along with people on a trip somewhere it’s nice to lay your head back and meditate, tune out the radio and conversations.

Actually, I tried meditating through music a few days ago. Every time I get to the point where I’m not listening to the music, a single thought enters my mind, and it ruins the entire thing. :sad:

dont get discouraged :smile:

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Quick Question,

Can meditating regularly help with Lucid Dreaming/Recall etc…?

Because If it does then I must learn how to :lol:
(Thats what being a noob is all about)

I believe so… someone will write something about meditation and lucid dreaming in the knowledge base.

Somebody will? Or already has. If so please link it or tell me where to find it I’m very interested in meditation it sounds fun and soothing.:music:

Somebody will. :wink:

Oh ok thanks.

So mew what are your experiences with the effect of meditation on dreams?

:woo:

it is far more extreme than that. Meditation regularly will lead you to higher awareness, which will help with dreaming, as well as ALL areas of your life.
including self acceptance and love, staying calm and relaxed, leading a fearful life.
furthermore, it will greatly enhance the extent in which you are “tuned” into the universe causing everything to just fall into place. synchronistic events will increase and basically, the satisfaction you derive from your life and the level of your happiness will greatly enhance.

One could easily write a 100 pages about the benefits of meditation without repeating a single thing, so this really is just the a spec in an endless desert…

You have to experience it, to believe it :smile:

hey mew, you know why you rule? because you found this thread, which inspired me to start meditating again, which makes me feel great right now!

but i still prefer mewtwo :wink:

i just sat down and meditated for 18 minutes with barely trying, sweeeeeet

Thanks for the information, sometimes its very hard to focus on relaxing. I thought that you should let thoughts away, but my mistake :shy:

Ive been in this state before and its very relaxing once you succeed :content:

I can never silence my concious - it never shuts up :tongue:

And i need earplugs, :lol: My families noisy.

resistance of the ego.

Silencing your mind can be very difficult at first.

However demanding it may seem and be, the rewards are beyond belief.

Wow, I guess that I’m lucky, because I’ve never had a problem with getting my mind to quiet down and stay clear. I always used to think it was normal.

you can consider yourself lucky , although I do not believe in any existence of such trait, “luck”

your always (correct me if im wrong) is referring to this incarnation —> not really always…

and ghostie

you’re more than welcome :smile: