how do YOU meditate?

Somebody will? Or already has. If so please link it or tell me where to find it I’m very interested in meditation it sounds fun and soothing.:music:

Somebody will. :wink:

Oh ok thanks.

So mew what are your experiences with the effect of meditation on dreams?

:woo:

it is far more extreme than that. Meditation regularly will lead you to higher awareness, which will help with dreaming, as well as ALL areas of your life.
including self acceptance and love, staying calm and relaxed, leading a fearful life.
furthermore, it will greatly enhance the extent in which you are “tuned” into the universe causing everything to just fall into place. synchronistic events will increase and basically, the satisfaction you derive from your life and the level of your happiness will greatly enhance.

One could easily write a 100 pages about the benefits of meditation without repeating a single thing, so this really is just the a spec in an endless desert…

You have to experience it, to believe it :smile:

hey mew, you know why you rule? because you found this thread, which inspired me to start meditating again, which makes me feel great right now!

but i still prefer mewtwo :wink:

i just sat down and meditated for 18 minutes with barely trying, sweeeeeet

Thanks for the information, sometimes its very hard to focus on relaxing. I thought that you should let thoughts away, but my mistake :shy:

Ive been in this state before and its very relaxing once you succeed :content:

I can never silence my concious - it never shuts up :tongue:

And i need earplugs, :lol: My families noisy.

resistance of the ego.

Silencing your mind can be very difficult at first.

However demanding it may seem and be, the rewards are beyond belief.

Wow, I guess that I’m lucky, because I’ve never had a problem with getting my mind to quiet down and stay clear. I always used to think it was normal.

you can consider yourself lucky , although I do not believe in any existence of such trait, “luck”

your always (correct me if im wrong) is referring to this incarnation —> not really always…

and ghostie

you’re more than welcome :smile:

My mind takes almost no effort to shut up. It takes effort to keep it quiet. :sad:

Hm, you speak the truth in this, never really thought about it like that.

hahahhaha, exactly! The biggest problem of all is I usually don’t notice the thoughts creeping back. I’ll be with my mind empty and suddenly I’ve been thinking about something useless for a couple minutes :eh:

there’s many levels to an empty mind.

you could have no conscious thoughts in your mind, but there can still be thought pressure in your mind.

The ultimate state is one in which you are free from both thoughts and pressure,

in which your mind is completely silent and no thoughts are even attempting to enter.

Wolvendeer
I believe that all obstacles we have were chosen by us before we came here,
so you probably just figured you won’t need such a challenge, or maybe you thought you needed a calm mind.

I’ve noticed I’m able to silent my conscious thought. Usually then I’ll start perceiving unconscious thoughts (which are cool to listen to :tongue: ). But I haven’t gotten past that…

Ghostie this is soooooo cute!

i do many different things, to quiet the mind, i quiet the mind.

[Hallucinating At Will)
^That’s how.

I think I’m getting a bit better at meditation. :smile:

The other morning, right after I woke up, I tried to empty my mind a bit. There was some noise outside (cars, dogs,…) but I was able not get distracted by it for a few seconds. Not much, I know, but usually it’s very hard for me. I could still hear them, but they seemed different, hard to explain. Distant, maybe. I was able to focus on my breath. The fact that I was sleepy might have helped though…

and last night I was able to empty my mind and keep it empty for a while. I got this thing I’ve got a few times randomly. I focus my attention on my forehead and I feel a light funny kind of pressure. What and why is this? :eh:

Could be a lot of things.

Whatever it may be, it is probably positive, you either released stress (strain in the physical terminology) or maybe some limiting belief or mind set.

You have developed in some way.

You can get many of these pains along the way, and the further ahead you go, the less you will experience them.

Great to hear you’re making progress :smile:

cool and thanks! :content:

but it wasn’t painful at all. It was actually a bit confortable. Interesting at least. I even kept my attention there for as long as I could :grin: