Cant remember what I'm going to do?

Author  Message 
darkdude
Here to stay!
Novice dreamer
LD count: 31

Cant remember what I'm going to do?
PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

So, I have a LD, and I've made a list of things to do. But when I get into the lucid dream, I basically walk around and fly a little bit. Any suggestions?

<mod>Moved from General Lucidness. dragon</mod>

Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Dozens.

I have this problem a lot too. When I make a list of everything I want to do, I make sure to try one at a time. Concentrating on and remembering a single thing s a LOT easier than a whole list. I've only had a handful of LDs ever where I can clearly remember things I wanted to do, but I have LDs where I can remember one thing I was concentrating on constantly.

Basically, try to accomplish one thing per LD. Baby steps and all that, much easier on your memory.

Download
SomethingLoad
cookie lover
Download has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: D:

Aww man, I hate that!

I've been given the advice to write down what you want to do every night, and if you're lucky enough to have an LD, then you should remember!

It should also increase the chances of an LD since you're doing something LD/dream related before sleeping... I was once having a dry spell and that night, just before going to bed I wrote an entry into my DJ that I forgot to write about! Had an LD later on that night.

If you can't do that, remember to set your intentions and remind yourself every day what you want to do!

Current LD goal(s): Erm... have one.
Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Jeeze, I suck at this as well.. but I find if I really think of ONE thing that I want to do, and try to plan it out so I have a good idea and not just wandering around; it's much easier to remember. If you keep thinking about it, the higher the chances would be that you'd do it.

I also agree with Download, the better your normal LD recall, the more your LD skills will increase with it (or that's what I've discovered anyway, it may be different for different people). The more I write down my LD's, the stronger, more vivid and easier to control they good.

Good luck!!!

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan, 2009  Reply with quote

I use auto suggestion before bed. It doesn't work everytime but I do get good results.

I think things like "In my LD tonight I will remember to do * ", "I wiil have a LD tonight and I will * "

I think more important than the words is the strength of your intention to remember.

relV
Light
Dream Deity
LD count: yummy

mattias... wrote:
I use auto suggestion before bed. It doesn't work everytime but I do get good results.

I think things like "In my LD tonight I will remember to do * ", "I wiil have a LD tonight and I will * "

I think more important than the words is the strength of your intention to remember.
i think this is a good tip.

but, I have to suggest that you try once letting your subconscious mind dealing with what to do. When you think about what you wanna do and all that, you become too worried about it. Try, once, (if you feel like it), just wandering around the dream, opening some doors, without anticipating or trying to make something appear there.

You probably will find some great surprises this way.

Another thing I like to do a lot is just to close my eyes, count to 3 (or more) while concentrating completely on the numbers an when I open my eyes, I usually surprise myself.

edit:
also, as you are in the dream,
don't try to remember what you wanted to do ,
it's like when you try to remember someones name and the harder you try, the harder it seems to remember.
Let go and let it come naturally to you..

hope this helps

ill be glad to help you with anything you'll need smile

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

relV wrote:
Try, once, (if you feel like it), just wandering around the dream, opening some doors, without anticipating or trying to make something appear there.

I've done this many times. Although I WANT to do this, so... "In my LD tonight I will remember to do nothing, just walk around, etc"

relV wrote:

Another thing I like to do a lot is just to close my eyes, count to 3 (or more) while concentrating completely on the numbers an when I open my eyes, I usually surprise myself.

I can barely stay half as long as I'd like in a LD with my eyes open! I'm afraid I'll just wake up if I close them. But I'l try. wink

LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!

nice thoughts relV

its good to use your mind and analyze and think about things correctly

"so i am in a dream...... "
"why is this here?"
thoughts like that

mm2012
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10+

PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

I just had a LD after a while and i read about things to do to help you stay lucid.
It worked too well and all I did in the ld was throw my self on the ground and fell the grass. The entire dream.
So you might try to read about what you want to do like in other people's DJ.

Dryalantha
Skyclad Dreamer
Astral Explorer
Dryalantha has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 200+

PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Auto suggestion;
Not only before bedtime but also at other times of the day, the more you program the more chance you will remember. smile

LegendaryDreamer
All-Natural
Somniologist
LegendaryDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 61 Total, +1

PostPosted: Tue 21 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

The trick to do something you want to in a lucid dream is to really feel relaxed, to feel that you can really do it. Find the middle of focused and unfocused.
Like my SC said once in one of my flying dreams, "Don't lose your focus, or else you will fall."

Current LD goal(s): Do A Reality Check! If lucid, take off and FLYYY!!! One of the best things to do

print