sky - diving

has anyone ever been sky-diving ?

I wish to join the program wherein your first jump is on your own, trained how to go without tandem! (called AFF or something)

so i can

be in the sky you know

then touch back down of course!

it looks, exciting, terrifying, peaceful, all at once,

it must be a great serene peace, to float in the naked sky for several minutes.

Wow, Im gonna try this in the future, I have no memories of being in heaven IRL. But in dreams Ive been there, it must be beautiful :content:
I wish you great luck eyelids with the skydive, I wonder how it feels :cool_raz:

yes, I have sky dived :smile:

I highly recommend it for any adrenaline freak :content:

There’s nothing like it.

You can’t hear anything, including yourself, as hard as you may try.

I remember sitting on the bench inside the airplane, and after about 15 minutes of going up, the door opens, and people start jumping, you go forward as people go off the bench.
I remember standing right beside the door, the instructor looks at me and he says:
1, 2, 3 and we just jump.
A few seconds of falling normally and then I became completely oblivious of everything. I remember just looking down and watching the ground slowly coming closer and closer to me.

The best :content:

Here’s a picture of me after coming back from the plane. Been quite some time since…

Im the guy on the right, and the chubby guy in the middle was my instructor.

edit: some nice facts,

the drop was about 3 kilometers with another kilometer of gliding down with the open parachute. It takes about one whole minute (just the free fall )

I remember when I got down, I had blue marks on my shoulders from the moment the parachute opened, cause it pulls you very aggressively. But because of the adrenaline rush, I didn’t feel a thing

wow, awesome

i have been hang gliding

it was very fun

the training especially
we’d run off little hills, “walk, jog, run!” then you’d coast down the hill gliding peacefully

but for the gliding we were towed to a truck, tandem with instructor (thank heavens!) so he did most of the flying, [ we went about 1500 ft up, released, glided back down]

HOWEVER,
to have a glider, and run off a mountain top, and soar for an hour …
that would be sweet!

relV did you do tandem or did you jump on your own ?

definitely !! :content:

I never did any gliding yet.

Sounds exiting, good luck with the jump.

read the wikipedia a lot about skydiving,
looks very wonderful and glorious.

i will go some day soon ! and have a wonderful perfect time, and a smooth journey

this is one of the things iv always been determined to do once.

and on a slightly different note, has anyone seen that footage of the rocket man? he’s like wearing a wing suit with a propulsion system. He flies for ages over mountains and seas and stuff. it looks amazing.

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oQ–U-WaQ

done it, loved it and would do it again and again, my girlfriend and I will get lisences here in australia too

Ive heard about this rocket guy but Ive never seen it before.

Thanks maniakbill :smile:

Find anything interesting on wikipedia eyelids? ^^

yes,

there are people working on making a wingsuit

so you don’t need a parachute to land

meaning you jump out of a plane, or off a mountain, and glide and glide and glide

and then come to a stop ! and peacefully land

this sounds incredible.

that sounds soooo cool.
i’ve never been sky diving, and i’d like to if only for the fear that the parachute won’t open.

most if not all now have safety measure for things like that and if you go tandom you wnot have to worry too much about that at all

I sky dived once.
I have to say that it is one of the most peceful times in my life.

There is nothing else like it.

Dreamwalker? didnt know you were till round the traps, how ya been? still lding like you used to?

Winged suits, this is amazing. Flying for ever and ever…

Sounds amazing

A boyfriend and I spent 2 summers jumping.
LOVED IT!!! Its such a thrill.Your first jump is so exciting and scary you go into sensory overload and float for days after. You start to take on.a bulletproof attitude. You really feel you can do anything.
Free fall is where the fun is. When you get to do things.
Your right about the peacefulness once your your parashute, floating down slowly.
I have to mention skydivers. A breed of their own. Thoes are some fun loving beer drinking ppl. Lots of fun to get to know and make some of the best friends you can find.

i went sky diving for my 18th birthday…it was a trip.
a week ago my little brother went for his 18th birthday. He bought his second jump before he left :content:.

he actually plans to get certified and wants to start working at the jump base, he is hooked.

imo sky-diving should be part of high school, along with scuba diving and snowboarding :content:

i love extreme sports

:smile:
Lol!

“class… surprise field trip today… we’re all jumping out of airplanes!”
1/4 of the class says Yayyyy!
1/4 says :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and tries it anyway
1/4 says NOOOO WAYYYYY
and the other 1/4 skipped class and were sleeping in ?

our university facilitates hang-gliding trips, :smile:

there is a wingsuit but you still need a parachute to land…it lets you glide longer than the normal (i think its like 1 minute free fall, then you open chute?)