Mirror

I had my first LD last night, and I had one scary experience near the end. Me and my friend were sitting on the floor of my room(I can’t remember why) And when I looked into the mirror(I have mirror closet doors) I saw some really creepy creatures crawling towards me and felt one touch my foot. I turned around and saw nothing. Looked back in the mirror and they were there again. I tried to calm myself down by leaving the house but after that I woke up.
I’m not really sure why they appeared in the mirror, but I would really like to find out if it has something to do with the way I look at myself or anything along those lines.

It very well could…but more likely it was some sign of a totem animal. I have talked to a fellow on here who would tell you to “jump through the mirror”. He shape shifts in his dreams by jumping into the mirror and entering the animal spirit. I myself never see mirrors in dreams. You should take it as a sign. If you see one again, jump in!

Yeah I just read about how some people end up in different “worlds” or “scenes” by going through mirrors, so I will definitely have to try that next time.

What makes it lucid? What were the lucid aspects of this dream?

yeah I watch too much horror movies.
I know I’ll stay as far away as I can from mirrors whenever I start getting lucid dreams again :happy:

mirror, door, magic wand, any crutch to help your brain make sense of your dream…how many crutches do we use to make sense of our waking life, religion, pills, alcohol, fox news…is there any difference

It is an individual experience , you’re the only one that can really do it.
A mirror though is quite a special symbol… I think you can find your way to understand what it refers to…

You need to bridge the dream to your waking life.

How did you feel in the dream ?
When do you feel this way in waking life ?
What makes you feel this way ?
How does those friends of yours make you feel ?
How did they make you feel in the past ?
What do you think of your friends ? What do they think of you ?
What do you think of yourself ? What do you suppose they think of themselves ?
If someone made a movie about your life and you saw those creatures in one of the scenes, who would you think they represent ?
etc etc etc…
Dive into yourself and start looking at those kinda things.
You could also try to repeat about 20-30 times as you drift of to sleep,
“Tonight, I will have dreams that will clarify the meaning of the message I am facing. I will wake up with a clear and concise awareness of the answer.”
If you do this, with every statement you make, try to feel, imagine the feeling of waking up with a sense of knowing, imagine that moment when everything becomes crystal clear to you. See it happening every time you repeat that statement.

Hope this helps.

Ariel

the good thing about knowledge is we already know everything we need to know, it is a rare person that can tell us about ourselves better than we can !

you said “i wonder if it was about how i look at myself”

DOES (i don’t mean as a command, i mean, as a great level of emphasis upon the transaction) that mean you do, beCAUSE you asked?

some people would go ahead and say “yes it means that” but how would they know what you are thinking and feeling ?

a dream like this can happen because of someone telling some folklore about how you can only “see ‘ghosts’ in the mirror” and your mind was playing with their ideas,

just like i could dream about a pretzel now that i wrote about it, and someone else may ! or it could be about your friends and only by looking at yourself can you know what is inside of them,

lol you make me waff!

is a mirror the same as these examples ?

maybe 'tis!

i was thinking, ifn i look into a mirror i see neat things and then they turn into lanscapes, this doesn’t happen if i look into a pretzel in a LD (have not tried though!)

but if i try to walk into or through a mirror, it is very difficult!