Get your life back!!!

title changed to lower case and topic moved from fruits to gen luc forum. Please read description of forum before posting a new topic.

GET YOUR LIFE BACK! That’s an order! I don’t know who’s really taking it. Could be a government conspiracy, maybe Hollywood is robbing us of our intelligence, or maybe it’s just YOU self sabotaging yourself… dunno. But let’s get past the “life getting taken” thing and understand how to get it back.

Do the math:

1/3 of your life sleeping
1/3 of your life working
and some, not all… can lose a major % (20-30 YEARS) of their time through disease, car wreck, violence, etc. [65 year olds die all the time]

Basically it comes down to the ever popular phrase “time is money”. Cut back on the things you don’t need. Save money and get your time back. It is the only thing you can’t “get more of”

CONCLUSION:

How does this apply to LUCID Dreaming? Simple. That 1/3 of your life spent sleeping. WAKE-UP. Have fun. It is the most natural form of escape and entertainment. Imagine accomplishing something, even if it’s just release in which turns your life into something more manageable/ and interesting.

LUCID DREAMING IS WONDERFULLY SPECTACULAR. I DON’T BELIEVE I, OR ANYONE HERE CAN COMPREHEND THE GIFT WE HAVE “STUMBLED” ONTO (AGAIN…)

So your saying people spend too much time working and sleeping? Not enough awake and playing or having fun? :eh:
And you want us to make more time for fun and stuff? :eh:
I could always go for more fun and stuff, but in order to have fun people have to work and make money to do the things they want. They have to sleep in order to enjoy the fun they should be having. :yes:

Forgive me if I didn’t understand what you meant correctly.

people have to work if they be-lie-ve so and

then, go through the motions of getting acclimated into the system,

at some point any being will have enough chances to set themselves “free” to do w hat brings them bliss, but they have to have the right combination of characteristics in the mind, expressed through optimism

for instance, it is very easy for a man to say “hmm” and go for a walk, and wind up m any states away, doing something awesome, yet this requires the will to be in - tact

therefore, unravel what has been educated, and create your own life as you please and wish,
mainly by abandoning the mind, and not thinking, and disappearing emotions,
but also by choosing what to think and feel,

"1/3 of your life sleeping
1/3 of your life working
and some, not all… can lose a major % (20-30 YEARS) of their time through disease, car wreck, violence, etc. [65 year olds die all the time] "

Speak for yourself please.

who are you to say that sleeping or anything is useless or a waste of time?
I’m not pointing towards one way or another,
just that everyone should do whatever they want to.
If someone finds pleasure/growth in sleeping, maybe staying awake is a waste of time for him…
whatever…

“UCID DREAMING IS WONDERFULLY SPECTACULAR. I DON’T BELIEVE I, OR ANYONE HERE CAN COMPREHEND THE GIFT WE HAVE “STUMBLED” ONTO (AGAIN…)”

again, I don’t think speaking for others is beneficial for you.
Don’t let your fears and ego rule you.
Every person has his own thoughts, experiences and knowledge,
it is not wise nor helpful to assume that others are on the same boat as you.

I do not suggest that the earth is presently in a healthy state, actually, if you look at it objectively, the earth has cancer, as most of the people are just trying to grab whatever they can for themselves, like the cells fighting each other for their own individual growth.
There are many individuals who choose to ‘waste’ their time at the moment,
but nothing is wasted, it’s all part of their learning process.
‘waking up’ is probably beneficial for an individual but it will happen only when he is ready for it, you cannot push someone over the edge, you cannot teach anyone anything, you can only try to make them see it with their own eyes.

To conclude this,
I agree with your general point about ‘waking up’ and about people wasting their time.
However, you are assuming too many things about what people do and what gives someone pleasure,
there’s no need to feel unpleasant at any time. A person should do just what makes him happy…
And furthermore, the situation the earth&humanity is presently facing cannot be solved by telling people what to do or how to do it.
The actions people take are irrelevant , it is the intent behind the actions that matter.
What we need to change is not our actions, but ourselves.
As a natural result, a byproduct, our understandings, intents, motivations and actions will change.

wow :eek:
this topic seems to be going in a different direction to the way the topic starter intended.

I read it as …
a third of your life is ‘wasted’ sleeping so we should improve our LD ability to take back some of this third of our life. :content:

in people teenage, to 20s

usually

those that are on a vastly different path, artistic,
and or spiritual
or psychic in some way
go through some sort of
period of “rejection” a habitual and emotional saying no,
fiery, and rebellious, because they see something, and know it should not be
they wish others to see
but this spirit only causes the inverse, that is, what they point their finger at
points back
so either they get immediate aversion to their rebellion, and conflict with w ho they are trying to “reach”
or someone to join their “movement”
this happened a lot in the 60s
why didn’t the sixties work ? because at some point they did not want to reach those who did not want to be reached, and became “stereotyped”
rather than trying to, in a calm individual manner, reach the people that really “needed” the message,

we are far beyond that, and even the most normal of people is willing to make the necessary changes, when organization decides to manifest,

essentially ,

ones truth should not come out of the fiery will, through judgment and passion,
but should be more calmly centered,
it is the same truth, but in a message and form that is more beneficial to all and everyone

Obama seems to tell the truth on “controversial issues” in a very calm and reasonable way, which is the only way a sane change will occur,

put another way,
an alarm clock that is too loud causes shock and resentment
a beeping imperceptible at first, growing slightly louder until the perfect volume, is smooth

Okay the moderator picked up on the MAIN point. But I put it into the fruits of lucidity, because it applies to alot of different aspects in life. I don’t mean to assume, whoever got upset on that. But the assumptions generally right. People waste time on the simple notion, “That’s just how it is.” And I want to be the one to come out and scream “No, that’s just how you made it” Follow me…??? If I could sum it all up I guess be happy. Sometimes easier said than done, I got that too.

first, for the point,

Lucid Dreaming is a nice way, if you ask me, to spend some time… Although dreaming is sometimes much better.

I didn’t get upset :smile:
I’m just saying…
A communication always has flaws, the sender sends his packet thinking about it one way and the receiver uses his own (and different) pack of experiences and knowledge to open that packet, understanding it always somehow differently than intended.
Written communication gives even more room for those errors, since the general tone, emotion etc… are usually lacking.
I am not aggravated and/or trying to ‘show’ you something and/or ‘teach’ you something and or ‘prove’ you something (this goes for everything I write on this forum), whatever I write , is a couple of my honest thoughts, that I gathered from my experience which I think would be beneficial for the readers. I urge you never to believe me nor disbelieve me. Remain skeptical yet aware of the possibilities and if you get some practical use of the words, take them, if you don’t like them, toss them… your call.
However, if you want to cast a tone on my words, it is not anger. Mild caring is more like it.

And lastly, yes, the “that’s just how how it is” is a very common, very disempowering belief that gets many people (I know of more than a few) literally stuck.
Beliefs are always traps, and this one is a very nasty one.
As much as I would like to see all the people releasing beliefs and fears,
beliefs and fears are generally barely effected by rational.
It makes practically no difference, because a belief, by definition, is the things the believers base all the other facts on, it is what they see as the fundamental truth on which everything else is based on, and therefore, will make any irrational and even absurd explanations (the ego’s work) to rationalize and make the beliefs stand mighty in their eyes, when clear opposing evidence is suggested.

cheers

Relv, your deep. I mean, I don’t think in the shallow end of the kiddy pool either. But you have a much better way of getting your thoughts to your mouth, or in this case finger tips. This whole topic was meant to be an eye opener of how much of a percentage you “lose” of your life. I was just encouraging LDs to take back sleep, the 1/3 your body needs to rejuvenate. I feel as if Lucidity can be applied there immensely beyond what we know now.

As far as the 1/3 at WORK, that was just used to push people to take on a career they like. Some people end up at MCdonalds, which is fine if it the means to an end. But no one grew up saying “I wanna be the guy people look for when they pass the ‘workers ahead’ sign” Oh and Relv, thats just a generalized statement. Puruse your dreams, ya know more cliche stuff. And as far as the 1/3 people lose by getting years chopped off either smoking, or loving doughnuts, whatever etc… exercise YOU CAN LIVE LONGER.

:Conclusion:
People don’t necessarily lose part of their life, they just miss out on out the opportunities to get more out of that “time spent” Follow…

1/3 Sleeping - Lucid Dream
1/3 Working - Pursue a career you never consider to be “work”
25-30 Years chopped off- Be healthy. Live in the moment. And the best things in life REALLY ARE FREE. (There I go using them clichés again)

I know exactly what he is talking about. If you think about it, and I did just post this an another section, If we REALLY tried, I doubt its possible that it would take us more than a year to master LD’ing. By doing so in a 60’year old persons life, who mastered it at 20,thats almost 13 years of lucid dreams. Yes I know, even a master cant ALWAYS have an LD, and you might sleep less than 1/3 of your life, but everyone gets what I’m saying.Also, I know to most people, saying that work is a waste sounds stupid, but think about it.How much of our money do we really NEED? Honestly the things we actually need are = Eat, drink, medical care,home. In our normal life life the things we work for are so ironic. We spend money on a car so we can get a job to pay for the car.We spend enough money to eat for months, on a TV that we only use because we forgot how much fun actual social interaction can be, but the movie is “easier”. I know I sound retarded, but life could be a lot simpler.We pay for so much more than what we need, that we have to spend 1/3 of our life working, and a lot of people who DO spend that much time working, can lose their job in a week, and get thrown on the street.10 years of their working gone to waste.We also spend the first 18 years of our life going to a school that teaches us things that we dont even want to learn, but the government FORCES us to do it.Geez, I thought knowledge was a privilege,not a required task.

Hmm, life rant over :content:

On the contrary… life rant just beginning

You DON’T Sound retarded either! This might however…

Let’s go to Math Class, shall we… At an estimated $5/ Paper Towel Roll (Keep in mind I use absolute minimum prices. JUST TO PROVE MY POINT) At 1 roll/ week, over 60 years. You will have spent $15,000 ON PAPER TOWELS!!! That figure could have easily been doubled, even tripled with a family in the equation.

$5/ roll x’s 4 weeks/ month x’s 12 months/ year x’s 60 years = 15,000

Now I DO know, that’s just paper towels… let’s move on to other “essential” items

My parents are clutter freaks. We have a computer per person. Tv per room. 3 Fridges, 2 extra rooms altogether, and enough tables to sit other tables on just to sit the other stuff down. Okay, so we are traveling off topic. So what. Maybe not as far of track as we think. As we sit here discussing the possibilities of dreams, we need to work on waking up from the financial nightmare that is Waking Life.

I don’t know if it’s true, but people are saying the Great Depression Pt. 2 might be around the corner. Dunno… But imagine!

The waistless things we spend on our money on might becoming to a screeching halt. Which is so hilariously ironic because that is what has gotten us into this mess. People spending less. Or so we’re told that is.

A BROKEN ECONOMY CAN’T BE FIXED WITH MORE MONEY!!!

Another Example (Here we go…) : Alot of houses come with cabinets. What a great luxury, right? anywhere from 1,000-5,000 spent on boxes to hold other things. Wow, I don’t know what scarier. My realizations, or the fact no one else realizes it. I actually counted, we have over 25 knives. All different varieties mind you, but what… at $5/ knife (Minimum Price for examples as usual…) that’s $125 on knives. Not to mention all the other utensils; spoons, forks, spatulas, grill accessories etc…

I want you to understand that is only an EXAMPLE. A far out there one. But, nevertheless, RIGHT!

More Examples (Here we go, again…): My auto insurance is 250/ month. Health insurance, dunno. Cable is roughly 50-60. Housing anywhere from 1-2,000 (In Middle Class Suburbia). Cars anywhere from 5,000-500,000. My family owns roughly $1,000 in light fixtures, as if we didn’t have the sun or something. We own enough chairs for our family to sit down 5 times each in a new chair. 3 Couches. Enough pillows to suffocate a police force. More cups, bowls, and plates needed to feed an African Village. I wish I was done (This is NOT bragging/boasting. Strictly what I see as wasted spending. All falling under this forum topic, GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!!)

… All the DVDs we’ve only watched once. We’re talking $1,500 on that alone. I actually own extra MATTRESSES!? If I was to go into my garage I would find obsolete EVERYTHING. From old bicycles, multiple toolsets, washers & dryers, like 6 suitcases, shelves full of “nothing”, old phones, old speakers, expired cleaning supplies, a surplus of electronics, and not to mention… EVERYTHING ELSE I HAVEN’T MENTIONED!!!

*If we saw this “Waking Life” as a 30 minute long Master Card Commercial, [ya know where they cut scenes for each product as they list the prices] it would end very sadly;

Life:

… way to expensive

For everything you need in life there’s Master Card a.k.a "Fake money you really don’t have yet, that the government just printed more of, in amounts you’ll never be able to pay back.

I don’t know what I hate more, credit, or the idea that we can’t start adult life without it

What a sick nightmare we have created for ourselves. Let’s hope 2012 holds a secret awakening, or maybe Jesus returns, just SOMETHING. I never asked for this knowledge. Lucid Dreaming is so intense, Lucid Living even more so… the problems you see once you actually walk around conscious in waking life. Almost seems like to much to bear sometimes

Good point/s. Sorry, I would post a little more, but Im not even supposed to be on right now, and I fear of getting caught. :content:

I believe it depends on what you want out of life. If you find gaining material possessions fulfilling or enjoyable, then it is far from futile to seek to attain such things. If having a large house or many possessions is fulfilling to you, then it is nobodies place to say this is wrong; much less portray it as ignorant or otherwise ‘unenlightened.’ You are no doubt on your own ‘path’, just remember that everyone else is too.

I can see where you are coming from with the idea that a non-lucid dream is wasted, however, I don’t agree. Not all my dreams are lucid, in fact, my lucid dreams make up a very small proportion of my recalled dreams. Most recalled are non-lucid. I still enjoy them, I can still look at them and wonder why I dreamed a certain thing, amongst other things. This extends further, you must spend time remembering your dreams and thinking about them in waking life, or trying to get lucid. Somebody might believe this is better spent doing other things, that’s a valid viewpoint too and again, doesn’t make them ignorant or ‘unenlightened.’

Please don’t confuse ‘Lucid Living’ with a certain belief. To dub what you are putting forward as ‘Lucid Living’ is, in my opinion, a perversion of the term.

yes, good to be able to work on/experience things while asleep.