I have a problem with reality checks.

Hey guys,
Ive been having a problem with reality checks, probably ever since I started to LD. I generally try the hand clap method, but things always go wrong. When i clap my hands, a number of things normally occur such as my hands breaking, falling off (once they crawled away,) they turn to rubber and I cannot use them and they have exploded once, sending me flying backwards into a brick wall. I have also tried the mirror method, but when I look into the mirror, my skin starts to sag to the ground making me look like a disfigured mutant from some horror film. The skin thing isn’t entirely new, sometimes when I am walking around my dream town (on those rare occasions I have taken control) people who i look at become greatly disfigured. I have looked on the main website under the ‘nightmare’ section, and it doesn’t seem to work, I am unable to reverse the disfigurement that has occurred.
If you read that whole thing I commend you. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

a reality check is used to see when things are in a dream. in real life, you would clap your hands and they would make a loud noise. in your dream, you would clap your hands and they would break somehow.

use this que to allow yourself to recognize that it is a dream, then from there take the dream over

I recommend you try the nose RC. I’ve had failed RC’s before, but since I learned how to do the nose RC properly it hasn’t failed me.

When you do the RC, take a deep breath first. Then pinch your nose and try to breathe in through it. Try to believe you will be able to breathe, just like you did before. If you can breathe, it’s a dream :smile:

Yeah, the nose RC worked best for me too. I’ts a very weird sensation to be able to breathe through your nose when its pinched shut, I have to say!

ya the nose RC has NEVER failed me… NEVER :devil:

Judging by the effects of your other RCs, maybe the nose check will produce some other interesting effect. Now, do you realize yo uare dreaming when these things happen? Or is the problem that you don’t? If you become lucid, then try to approach the situation with curiosity! If you can’t reverse these effects then don’t try it so much! Instead, try to dismiss it, and forget about it, and maybe then it will become normal.
It seems as though you associate lucid dreaming with weird things happening. The problem could lie in your general outlook on it, so thinking about that WHILE dreaming should be a good thing to do. Get into a scientific or philosophic frame of mind, and observe what happens, and try to learn new things about dreaming based on your experiences!

wouldnt your hand falling off and crawling away be enought for you to relise your dreaming? i mean thats impossible irl

in dream world it seems like that is what is supposed to happen. thats why you don’t realize that you are having a dream every night. that’s what reality checks are good for!