"This is a lucid dream right now"

has anyone thought

to sit and think that thought, very deeply

each day ,

perhaps with a light switch reality check ?

not “am i” but “I am” ?

is there a difference in success between “Am I dreaming right now?” and “I am !” ?

Dreaming and Waking are just names for states of mind.

There is no ‘sleep’ and no ‘waking’, only being, existence.

You could easily call the waking life dreaming and the dreaming world waking.

Nothing makes the waking world more real. It is more STABLE. but more real?
why?
It’s simply a result of the collective consciousness instead of a dream that is ultimately made entirely from your own. The two are one and the same.

There were a couple of days in which I tried to picture myself in a dream all day long.
I would go around, try to fly, try to think of some huge animal coming into the room and things like that.

I find it ironic the most pertanent question on this board is the least replied to. I guess it would take too much work…

It’s because these questions are pretty much un-answerable, sorry to say, but it’s all faith.

You either have a gut feeling, or you’re unsure, or you’re just oblivious to either.

So many people read these questions, (and eyelids is full of bright things to say) and just soak them in but have nothing really to say, or add.

keep writing, we’re reading.

:smile:

SPOILER - Click to view

Jesus is online, wires around the world, feel invincible, computer, car and girl

is a nice song,

a few people here have wondered seriously if they are dreaming, and done reality checks, and only felt more bewildered, unable to really prove if they are, or not,

what I most want to know, the difference between mind and dream, is a lag in thought,

how long does it take to sustain a thought “I am friends with a pet bengal tiger” in waking life, versus dream ?
both are possible, and both happen by some sort of intention, conscious or sub,

Tibetan Dream Yoga,
by any other name
the persistent thinking of and FEELING this reality is a lucid dream,
is so liberating,
I must find it,

in the book the Yogas of Dream and Sleep,
he speaks “say you encounter cigarette smoke, treat it as if it is a dream, of no consequence to you”
at a concert once I thought, this man was chain smoking (it was a Tool show :smile: ) some hand rolled cigarettes, and I thought “what if this is good for me?”
and I mean, it was so special to him he was grinning from ear to ear, celebrating, as Jambi started, and I wondered what in the world I was doing in this place of darkness,
ruminating on my adoration of t hem circa L ateralus
but I inhaled his second hand smoke imagining it was good for me
and hours later my girlfriend and I noted 2 things :
one, we felt, clean,
this band cleaned practically the entire city :smile: (and it still feels that way down-town),
two, our ears did not hurt, despite their excessive loudness, they felt, clean
and three, I felt cleansed by the tobacco, she, having complained about it, did not.

SPOILER - Click to view

we’re of the hollow men, we are the naked ones,

this is a useful band,

so if we are in a dream of sorts now, what does that make the dream world ?

If this is a dream, and whoa it could be, then the dream world is 1 thing. Proof. Proof of our design. Things don’t happen “by chance” and it’s time people recognized that. For 1/3 of our life we have the potential to rejuvenate our body while we play out our greatest fantasies as “God.” The one thing making the dream world less “real” is the fact our dream characters don’t seem to have free-will. They are part of our sub conscious. We do have free will in RL. So if this waking life is a Lucid dream, whose dream is it… Once again I have brought my point full circle. YOu might call him something different, I’d say this is God’s Lucid dream.

To start with I would like to apologize for the lack of paragraphs. Its the hand held I work off of,. For crying out loud guys, Stop trying to make something so simple so difficult. Stop thinking so much…Waking life is the place where we live our lives, enter acting with other people. All of us have free will, able to change reality by the actions of our free will. Our dreams are our’s. Created by and played out in our mind’s. Under our control. No one else’s. Our reality. I believe if you let go of all these complicated thoughts you’re dream potential will be boundless. .

i like to sit and think that life is just one huge dream, and that when we die we wake up as something else that was just having this huge dream. And it just keeps happening over and over kind of like reincarnation but we 're just asleep the whole time. But then i think about other trippy things that life and death could be, but dont have to do with dreaming.

i get stuck in thought loops frequently but i enjoy it so its all good :smile:

I tend to be too much of a realist. I find comfort in fact. It’s that way of thinking that brings be to becoming lucid.I have no doubt it hiders it too.

I wasn’t trying to find fault, just offer advice.

People like me would be stuck in an ugly black and white world if it wasn’t for free thinker’s like you.:smile:

Quite purposefully steering clear of the pitfalls of philosophy, I totally see what Eyelids is saying.

By switching the words ‘Am I?’ during a reality check to ‘I am!’ it is completely plausible that it will provoke more of a reaction and result in a quicker response time, to your ordinary RC of “Am I dreaming?” It becomes, “I am dreaming!”

Being of a more practicle ebb myself, I can see the obvious benefits to this form. :happy:

Cool idea. :cool:

I feel I can add I a little something to this technique. It builds on the same principal. Instead of repeating to yourself as you fall asleep, “I will Lucid Dream.” I always say to myself, “I will remember my Lucid dream,” this applying that Lucid Dreaming is in OUR will. Not necessarily a “trick to learn”. By saying “I will remember my Lucid Dream,” you are telling your sub conscious Lucid Dreaming as a %100 guarantee, simply because your trying to. Make sense? Don’t treat Lucid Dreaming as something mystical or magical, well I mean it is. But it’s not a gift given to some. Understand? I believe it ONLY makes sense that we should be conscious %100 of our time on EARTH. I have read my articles and done my research. I now fully believe that you do not have any interrupted sleep while lucid. Your body can STILL REJUVENATE. That’s pretty amazing!

I beileve this could be a dream, I dont know about a LD, but a dream. If it were a LD, I think life would be alot easier, but just like with NDs, if you are not a LDer its hard to realize you are dreaming, so maybie we are not practing LDing in our alternative waking life, which would be the next altered state of concousness outside of this one, but who knows we may be getting closer to it. Maybie we will become lucid in 2012 right?

2012? Interesting. I have gone over that thought before, maybe we will become “lucid”. Here’s my opinion. It order to appreciate a world without limitations, one must suffer consequence in waking life. Its that whole “What’s sunshine without rain…” thing. The balance between our two existences could be off. But they are definitely complimentary to one another. I encourage everyone to check out Lucid Living, the topic on LD4all, and even google it. There are ways to make Lucid Dreaming useful in both realities. Some people just need more help stretching their reality to see what’s truly going on.