LD level of "light"

No, i’m not talking about switches (yet :razz:)

I’ve had many lucid dreams in the last few weeks (since I’ve started to study about the suject).

A thing that bothers me is the level of Darkness of some LDs. Those dark lucid dreams are more like Allan Poe’s Tales. They tend to be the opposite of “clear, bright, vidid in detail” lucid dreams. Nevertheless the other senses seem to be very accurate (mainly Touch).

Maybe, I think, they are less conscious lucid dreams than the others. I was wondering if you can share your experience on how to brighten up things, literally. :happy:

I’m sorry for the poor english.

I’ve had these before (there was one in January, where my house was dark, and the darkness would “grow” abnormally). I believe there are two different kinds of darkness-related lucid dreams: there’s the low lucidity ones, where things seem dark and you can’t control your actions well, and there’s the really vivid, but dark ones.

If you need more lucidity, try RCs or concentrating on something you can see well.

If the case is the dream-darkness, for me running away from it seemed to work, as did concentrating in spots with light when I was lost in the darkness.

i would say that in about 90% of my lucid dreams, it is nighttime in the dreamworld. this is probably due to the fact that my lucid dreams might be “weaker” and visual stimlus takes alot of dream “energy” if taht makes any sense.

One way i have been able to increase the light in my LD’s is by making the sun rise. Doesnt always work, and most of the time it will only rise a little bit so the scene is kind of like early dawn.

Hey cauli, here is a tip:

If you need to increase the visual quality of your dream, you can try one of these things:

1. Rub your hands together.
    This may sound silly for a moment, but it works very well. If you find the dream is fading, start rubbing your hands together. When your brain fills in the warmth and texture of your hands, it is also forced to fill in the other aspects of the dream (like the visual and sound quality).

2. Do RC’s regularly.
    This has a very strong associative power to it. Whenever you think you’re about to lose lucidity, do a reality check. There are many types:

–Time.
Look at the clock, look away and look back. The time should have changed.
–Breathing.
Plug your nose and try to breathe through it. If you’re dreaming, you will be able to breathe through your plugged nose.
–Pinch pain.
This one is the most subtle of them all. When you pinch yourself hard and tight, you will usually not feel any pain in a dream.

1. Repeat mantras to yourself.
    A mantra is a simple, repetitive phrase.
    One example is “Increase clarity now!” or “Clarity x 1000!”

Hope this helps! ;D
(By the way, your english is excellent)