Movie thread Part IV

July 10th 2009 there is a movie coming out called “2012”. I thinks a movie about 2005.

For those of you who haven’t already seen the Curious Case of Benjamen Button, I’d look for that once it comes out on video. Great movie there.
Another one I saw just yesterday was Slumdog Millionaire. It was really good, especially since I wasn’t expecting a whole lot.

I just saw “1408”, and it scared the hell out of me. This was one of my top 5 scary movies. It allso led me to another cool movie called “178” which allso had Samual L Jackson. I was disspointed it wasnt the movie I thought it was, but its still a cool movieI would recomend both of them. Stephen King movies scare the *%$^ out of me. The scarest movie is “Pet Cematary”, but 1408 I would give 1408 a 3 on a scale one to 5.

My top 5 scary movies

1 Pet Cematary
2 Sixth sence
3 1408
4 signs
5 I dont know the name of this one, but its a old black, and white movie.

Theres a movie called “The dust factory” thats like a lucid dream movie.

I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind reminds me of lucid dreaming. Most of it takes place in Joel’s head, and he is aware of it. It’s just like a dream, especially when things disappear.
I also love the music in this film. Jon Brion is amazing. Great movie.

I just saw Donnie Darko for the second time. Usually I don’t like to see movies more than once, but this one was so good, and I didn’t quite understand it the first time.

[spoiler]Did Donnie travel backwards in time to kill himself, so the world wouldn’t come to an end like Frank said? Was he the root of all the “fear”, the bad stuff that happened? And Gretchen talked about travelling back in time, and replacing bad stuff with something better, or something.
But I don’t understand how he travelled back in time.[/spoiler]
I loved the movie

Never heard of 1408, scary you say??

Hard to take that serious if you really felt that Signs, 6th sense, and Pet Cemetery were scary.

187 was crazy and weird. When I was younger I was always scared of Friday the 13th and Freddy. It was always freaky also, I think Steven King wrote that one.

Slasher movies dont scare me, I can just read the papper, and get the same effect. I like movies with atmosphere. By the way I saw Quarentine, and it sucked. If I saw this in theaters, I would have walked out. It has alot of screaming in it, and I hate movies that have screaming in it every 5 minutes. It gives me a headache. So I would advice not to waste your money. What makes Stephen Kings movies so scary to me is his slant on human behavior. Like I know it may sound lame, but one of the scariest parts in Pet Cemetary, was when they were at the kids fureral, and the grandgather starts a fight with the father, and they knock over the casket.

I haven’t seen a good horror movie in a while. It’s about blood and gore now, I want the real thrills and spooks. Mind you I still watch whatever I can.

Signs? When I was younger, 11, I believe I watched that and it scared the crapp outta me. When they go to that news report about the vid of the alien, almost crapped myself! :peek:

I love the freddy movies. Except 8? I didn’t even watch all of it.

I also love, LOVE the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie in it! OMG my favourite movie of all time, since I was about 6. I love the music and story! And Bowie was bloody awesome too!

My mom rented “Blindness” the other day and it was the worst…movie…ever. :wallhit:

Horror movies have really been sucking latley. There boring, and sooo played out. I honestly think holywood has no more ideas left. How many movies can they make about a virus that turns people into zombies. I can make better movies myself using a home video camara.

I haven’t seen a good horror movie since Silence of the Lambs. The rest are comic relief for me :lol:

i saw 2 movies last couple days
the five people you meet in heaven.(last night took about 2 hours)

and The shawshank redemption been a while that iv seen it
but its one of the best.
if you didnt see it yet try it!
its a very good movie :razz:

The last movie I saw Watchmen. I actually thought it was a good movie but nothing is going to win over X-men Origins when it comes out

Kymatica

There is a Donnie Darko sepual coming out this year called “S.Darko” based on Donnies sisster.

Samantha Darko. I’ve heard of it. Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies. I hope S.Darko doesn’t ruins it. I can’t wait to find out. :woo:

So is this another movie coming out about 2012 called “Seeking closer”? So we have “2012”, and another movie called “Seeking closer”, or is it the same movie? It said “2012” in the tittle, and at the end of the trailor it said the name of the movie was “Seeking closer”. If it is it looks like real crappy movie, and Im not going to watch it… OK I probley will.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ePlE3Xo … re=related

donnie darko, let the right one in, coraline, sweeney todd.

S. Darko sucked. I got a torrent of it and it was HORRIBLE. I honestly enjoyed Dragonball: Evolution more than S. Darko. Heck, they even wasted time to make a “The Making of S. Darko”. I LOVED Donnie Darko, but S. Darko just looked like a film made by a bunch of college kids who needed to make a movie for Film class.

I also watched Let the Right One In for the 3rd time, except this time was with an English dub. It’s still phenomenal. I feel sorry for the people who bought the DVD with the English subs. The English subs the DVD provided were horrible, while the subs from torrents were spot-on. Unfortunately, they’re making an American version sometime next year. I guarantee they’ll mess it up.

I’m kinda anxious for Cell to come out. I loved the book, but since Eli Roth is directing it, eh…I’m kinda iffy. I’m hoping it’ll turn out okay.

I went to the midnight premiere of Terminator: Salvation with some of my friends a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely LOVED it. The ending sequence was cool, but I honestly though the ending itself was moronic.

I love Optimus Prime…and Megan Fox…