Are you a natural? - Part I

I’m a natural - i had some lucid dreams when i was a child, but i always woke up - i couldn’t stay in the dream. I thought it wasn’t possible to stay in the dream while being lucid. Last year i found ld4all and now i know it IS possible. :content:

when i was a kid i knew many times that i was dreaming
was always flying and jumping on the roofs sometimes i even get gifts
then the next morning i was sad that the gifts where gone :happy:
anyways now that i know about lucid dreaming
its much harder to do it.
i maybe was lucid for 15 sec a few times,
so im not a natural
but i think i was when i was young! :happy:

I had a few LD’s before knowing what it was, but I always woke up right after I found out I was dreaming :cry:

I’ve had lucid dreams all my life, before I knew what they were or that not everyone has them. I created worlds and flew and did all sorts of things when I knew I was dreaming. I remember trying to convince the friends I made in dreams (mostly unicorns :smile: ) to come with me when I woke up so I could have them as friends in my waking life. In high school, my boyfriend got into Carlos Castaneda and struggled with the techniques described in the book. The first thing you’re supposed to do is look at your hands, and he was having a hard time with it. I wasn’t really that interested, but one day I decided I would try it. That night I did it and told him later and asked him what the fuss was all about? He was pretty mad, actually. :wink:

i’ve had a couple when i was little. i vaguely remember them not enough to give any real details. though i also had a few when i was in control but never realized they were dreams. Those have been more common and more recent.

I don’t know if I’m a natural; I think I had 1 or 2 ld’s when I was young. I remember jumping over houses through my neighborhood, it was like I turned down the gravity.

my first was when i was about 8 and i can remember it so clearly i was in the middle of a feild and i went lucid and i could picture my self in my bed and i decided to run around the table and see if i woike up in a different position and i woke up laying with my head on the footend of the bed and when i way i pictured myself laying in bed it was the same way you picture something in your head in real life ill never forget it though :smile:

Well, I’ve had a few dreams where I knew I was dreaming, but most of them were nightmares and I didn’t know I could change things.

I also have had dreams (again, mostly bad ones) where I worried about monsters and criminals and stuff and lo! they appeared, which is kind of like lucid dreaming, :neutral: in that you create things by believing they will materialize.

I am pretty sure I would count as a natural. Pretty much every single dream I have had for 15+ years has been lucid. Typically have complete control over what happens in my dreams but I usually like to allow a dream to go where it wants and only change its course if it is going somewhere I don’t like (hard to explain but I basically feel that the dream is heading a bad direction ahead of time).

There has only been 1-2 dreams that I didn’t have control over during this time and these were most certainly nightmares, I was lucid during them just the event causing me to wake in shock was sudden and unexpected(in the dream).

Like some of the others in this thread I never really gave it much thought as being uncommon or unusual. Having done a bit of reading on it tonight though I would say I agree with some of the various techniques people use to try induce ludic dreams.

i remember having one when i was 8, but i didnt know what it was, i realized i was in a dream only becouse my dream was SO wierd, it couldnt possibly be real, i watched scary movie 3, and a couple of movies that made no sense at all, hence the dream, but it was all about these 5 people with guns going through this fish plant or something like that, and they were looking for something, when i noticed that one of the guards was beating one of the 5 people with a fish, then things started getting really wierd after that, and i realized that that would NEVER happen so i started from there, going through the dream for an hour or so, but what ive noticed is that most people who ARE natural LD’ers normally have LD’s in thier younger years, but as they age, they have less and less until finaly, aaround 20-25 have none at all without trying. :eek:

I’ve been lucid dreaming since I was four years old.
The first Lucid Dream of my life was when I found myself in a space station that was infested with alien beings that tore people apart. It was when I also learned my first dream power–to cause things to spontaneously explode from the inside out. :eek: In my online Dream Journals I often describe this dream power simply as “End”.

I’ve been having LD’s since I was 4. I got this book about the brain a year later, and it talked about LDs. I read it over and over again, wanting to have LDs every night. I got internet when I was nine, and found out about WILD(The book already talked about MILD, so I had been practicing it). since then, I have practiced meditation, astral projection, and WILD, almost every night. I was one focused little kid! :tongue: .

I chose yes as I did have short lucid dreams as a child. But now I am slowly becoming much better at it.

Naw, I’m not a natual. My first dream when I really knew I was in my bed dreaming was a couple of months ago, and it only lasted like five seconds :meh: And I think that doesn’t even count as a Lucid dream.
If I ever had one as a kid, I must’ve been really young or just forgotten it. But I do, however, have (What I think) a good dream recall; now that I write in my DJ I remember three or four dreams each night, which I think is really good :smile:

I am not a natural, sure wish I was though. With hard work, dream journal, and every non-consumed aid I can think of I can sometimes pull off a LD a month… I dnow why it is so hard, maybe I just want it too badly. :content:

Only once. I do remember realizing that I was dreaming, but it was an awesome dream and I really didn’t care, or even know what was possible. :tongue:

well, i really dont remember doing that!! but i just had my first one a few days ago. :spinning:

I had a dream about flying once, but cannot pinpoint whether I was actually in a fully lucid state, or it was just blind luck. I wasn’t fully aware of the concept till about a few years ago, so I am defiantly not a natural.

I am a natural too. :cool:

I don’t :sad: