WILD being frightening

Maybe some 25 minutes ago from right now (2:43 AM here) I attempted to WILD in conjuction with WBTB. I had gotten up at 2:00 and waited about 20 minutes. I felt like I was still aware enough to carryout WILD and sleepy enough to relax easily. Anyway, I seemed to be doing it correctly as I relaxed and began to feel the paralysis taking hold. Now I know sounds and anything of the sort is all created in the mind and should be dismissed as just that, but I couldn’t deny what I was hearing and it sort of freaked me out a bit. I was about 7 minutes into it and I began to hear crying… it was like a baby crying, it was low at first then it got louder and more often. I immediately attempted to dismiss it, as it is normal. I couldn’t continue that way as my heartbeat quickened and I didn’t want to know what else could possibly happen. I am a firm believer in the paranormal however and I hope it’s not associated with any presence of “evil” but whether it does or doesn’t is irrelevant. The point it is, is that I am not sure if I should continue WILD. I have looked into MILD and have tried before, but I don’t get that feeling it’s really working, at least WILD does (even though I have not been successful with it yet…) I’ll see what happens, I’ll give it another shot, if I start hearing the crying again, I’ll try to dismiss it, but I don’t think I’ll continue WILD if it happens again.

Yes, you should give it another shot.
I can imagine those sounds were scary, maybe i would try to dismiss it too, but i think it was just a dream sound, nothing paranormal.Next time, just try to continue, we both know you have nothing to be afraid of.

Lots of disturbing things can be experienced during WILD, and a lot of them are different from person to person, as far as I can tell.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it being paranormal or ‘evil.’ It’s just your mind. So yeah, I’d give it another shot even though it can be unnerving or distracting.

Like the above posters said, WILD can be scary, it’s normal. The thing is, it’s hard to dismiss scary things but with practice you get used to it, trust me, and it get’s easier to tell yourself and believe “it’s just my mind”. :smile:

And you did get close! Don’t worry about the heart and if you feel like you can’t breathe. It’s perfectly normal. Try to ignore it by focussing on HI (if you have any) or imagine a dream scene, perhaps.

Good luck

I’ve had some experiences like that, the noise is particularly disturbing. Sometimes it is so loud that I think I’m damaging my ears, but as far as I know it is not ‘fisiological’ at all (I may be wrong).

But I also get funny ones. My first experience like that (and I didn’t know it was related to lucid dreaming untill last month) I went back to sleep kind of looking to my digital clock and i got the funny effect digital clocks have in lucid dreams.

Good luck!

Thanks for responding guys, I have a bit more confidence in WILD :smile:. I only feel it could be related to the paranormal, because I had a not so pleasant experience a while back. So yeah, I’ll give it another shot and try my best to ignore those creepy sounds.

yeah just keep trying it. i don’t know about sounds, but sometimes the images in my HI are pretty scary.