EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

human speech tangles

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
human speech tangles
PostPosted: Sun 12 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

<mod>moved to lounge :)</mod>

"Okay I'll come over soon"
"I don't want you to feel left out " -------------- this

is akin to a rabbit, it has a hole, and its hole is in the soul, and is emotional programming

to give a simple answer "okay i will come over soon : you do this "

then to instead of receive an "okay" rather, receive tangents, explanations, justifications, obfuscations, and prolongations of human speech

shows you that you are dealing with a sophisticated layer of programming that is blocking complete and total congruence ,

in this instance, an emotion, running many programs
this one emotion, this rabbit hole
has so many different words and ideas and will say and do so many different things ,

and in a relationship if one does not listen VERY carefully to these clues and delve right in like a laser to the core of the issue, to bring the emotional waters to surface, they may results in quirky uprisings like a geyser later on in the future.

they are also invitations to invoke playful language in order to experience and create a new communication that is heartfelt and sincere


back to top
Adahni
blissful breeeezes
Somniologist
Adahni has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
32
Posts: 221
Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2009
LD count: :)
Location: Within You and Without You
 
PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

hmmm..
I don't yet have the words to make a proper reply..
Maybe you could expand/focus your ideas a bit more?


back to top
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Adahni wrote:
hmmm..
= processing information that is understood in a broad non-verbal level,
paradoxes and riddles,
an inkling of knowing it ,
it is often when a dream segment is processed, something so broad that the conscious self cannot and has not yet mapped it for the left brain and the reasoning, but it has just been risen above as if a submarine to surface above the waters, looking back below it knows the depths were there, but is not in them, yet has taken an artifact back
Quote:

I don't yet have the words to make a proper reply..

= intersection of archetypes , as teacher, you as student
Quote:

Maybe you could expand/focus your ideas a bit more?

= obvious !

we wish to take people from "hmm" to "ahhh" over time ,


back to top
1wthWings
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 97
Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 01 Jun 2013
LD count: 12
Location: Utah, USA
 
PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

I really like this. it shows how the mind and the way we process things but in a form of words. *a computer makes that loud noise when its processing*

also

"how was your day?" is more of an introductory question. they want to have justification for telling you how there day was.
^
^
p.s
i think i get the concept


back to top
Adahni
blissful breeeezes
Somniologist
Adahni has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
32
Posts: 221
Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2009
LD count: :)
Location: Within You and Without You
 
PostPosted: Mon 13 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Eyelids wrote:
we wish to take people from "hmm" to "ahhh" over time

Yes.. 'ahhh'

Would You say that
'ahhh' = Awareness
?

Something that I find fascinating and slightly disturbing at the same time:
Automatic and detached, yet 'polite' phrases..
"How are You?"
"Good to See You"
"Have a nice day"
..even "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" are often spoken with this Auto-pilot detachment..
I usually find myself becoming irritated when someone tries to have this type of detached small-talk with me.. or overwhelmed with the urge to radically shift the conversation beyond what I perceive to be their comfort zone, potentially breaking the known 'social contract'..
But I most often just go along with the small-talk, all the while observing the subtle language the person is displaying, usually with their body movements..
and if you listen carefully you can 'hear' plenty in what they're not saying,
or in their intonations..

I greatly enjoy speech or communication without words
and I even more enjoy just how well you can get to Know some people without them..

The Eyes say so much

as do our hands..


back to top
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Adahni wrote:
Eyelids wrote:
we wish to take people from "hmm" to "ahhh" over time

Yes.. 'ahhh'

Would You say that
'ahhh' = Awareness

AhhhhWareNess!
AweWareness!
Quote:

?

Something that I find fascinating and slightly disturbing at the same time:
Automatic and detached, yet 'polite' phrases..
"How are You?"
"Good to See You"
"Have a nice day"
..even "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" are often spoken with this Auto-pilot detachment..
I usually find myself becoming irritated when someone tries to have this type of detached small-talk with me.. or overwhelmed with the urge to radically shift the conversation beyond what I perceive to be their comfort zone, potentially breaking the known 'social contract'..

yes pleaize
Quote:

But I most often just go along with the small-talk, all the while observing the subtle language the person is displaying, usually with their body movements..
and if you listen carefully you can 'hear' plenty in what they're not saying,
or in their intonations..

I greatly enjoy speech or communication without words
and I even more enjoy just how well you can get to Know some people without them..

The Eyes say so much

as do our hands..


communication is fascinating,


back to top
Phi_guy
Assistant Pig Keeper
Astral Explorer
27
Posts: 493
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Last Visit: 16 Dec 2009
LD count: 4
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

I don't get the concept of "hello," especially when it's in passing. All it seems to do is acknowledge that both people exist. It also interrupts my whatever I'm thinking to convey this useless tidbit. It gets frustrating.

back to top
underscore
Somniologist
Somniologist
27
Posts: 197
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Last Visit: 30 Apr 2013
LD count: 21-ish!
Location: Tel'aran'rhiod
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

I find this topic to be ridiculously enlightening!
Lleu wrote:
I don't get the concept of "hello," especially when it's in passing. All it seems to do is acknowledge that both people exist. It also interrupts my whatever I'm thinking to convey this useless tidbit. It gets frustrating.

I share your frustration. My personal pet peeve is "What's up?" or "Sup?"; I'm definitely guilty of using it as an automatic response, and it's just so hollow. More often than not, it's treated much the same as a passing "hey" -- no real heartfelt interest or thought put into it, and it rarely merits more than a "nothing much" from the other person. It's irritating, at times, that people seem to just talk for the noise, rather than to really exchange information.

...on the other hand, I can see why the occasional passing "hi" can be a good thing. Like you said, Lleu, sometimes it seems like it does nothing more than acknowledge the other person's existence; as a semi-angsty high school kid, I can tell you that sometimes, having someone recognize that I exist is what gets me through the day. Sure, it's fairly minimal contact on a verbal level, but like Adahni pointed out, "hi" isn't always the only thing that a person is saying.


back to top
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

welll



"sup" is like dogs yipping and a yapping at each other,

its a program , it may seem "crude" or "shallow" but it really does mean a lot
anyone that will casually say hi to you will be your friend!

this is something remarkable in and of itself, if you take advantage of these moments and put yourself into them, then the communication becomes more fulid and refined over time

one thing i thought of was stereotypical ways a grandparent might ask you things that are not even remotely relevant

and how to them you are this stereotyped idea of yourself

yet to you, they are, too!

any form of communication at all is a bridge to being your truest self,


but then we have specialists, maybe you can be best friends with anyone, but if you are a chemist, you kind of want someone to be a best friend that will help you in your passions, right ?

lots of times people want to roll with feelings, exchanging only loose phrases that are easy to bounce back and forth,


back to top
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

here's one
"My Macaroni Salad ...... " - expressing a desire to be praised, although coming from neutral and fulfilled emotional esteem
"It will get eaten." - a desire to lower things down to casual, relax, comfort,

rather than "Wow it is awesome!"
a desire for practicality ,

we are what we speak about!

if you call someone , out of anger, a name, you are what you are calling them, it is not them, it is you ,

yet I wish for help on this because one can with clarity call people what they are without themselves being that!

for instance a dog that only wants to play, all day long, and a grumpy old man yelling at her and calling her every name he can think of including "bad dog"
means "bad owner" you don't GET how to discipline her ,

while simultaneously loving the dog dearly it is a source of him constantly needing to yell, solving nothing.


back to top
1wthWings
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 97
Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Last Visit: 01 Jun 2013
LD count: 12
Location: Utah, USA
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

one of my bigest pet peeves is when people always have to say something. and there excuse is i dont like awkward silences. because they are talking but not really saying anything.
also when people say "sooooo....."
"so what?"
"idk. dont know what to say"
"then dont say anything, there is nothing to say"

thats one of the reasons i have the friends i have. they know when to talk and to socialize. but when its silence. no one feels the "need" to talk. so u can just think about whatever you want and it doesnt matter.
its when other people tell you everything thats in there head and expect you to tell you everything your thinking?! i dont think so.


back to top
Posts: 3575
Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2011
LD count: yes
Location: hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare! hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare!
 
PostPosted: Tue 14 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

Alan Watts wrote:
When you say 'I have a problem, guru. I'm really mixed up, I don't understand,' he looks at you in this queer way, and you think 'oh dear me, he's reading my most secret thoughts. He's seeing all the awful things I am, all my cowardice, all my shortcomings.' He isn't doing anything of the kind; he isn't even interested in such things. He's looking at, if I may use Hindu terminology, he's looking at Shiva, in you, saying 'my god, Shiva, won't you come off it?'


if that happens, be masculine, and push yourself into the feminine , and make them see what you see, in them.


back to top
miggyi
Aware
Somniologist
30
Posts: 126
Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Last Visit: 24 Aug 2011
LD count: 8
 
PostPosted: Wed 15 Apr, 2009  Reply with quote

1wthWings wrote:
one of my bigest pet peeves is when people always have to say something. and there excuse is i dont like awkward silences. because they are talking but not really saying anything.
also when people say "sooooo....."
"so what?"
"idk. dont know what to say"
"then dont say anything, there is nothing to say"

thats one of the reasons i have the friends i have. they know when to talk and to socialize. but when its silence. no one feels the "need" to talk. so u can just think about whatever you want and it doesnt matter.
its when other people tell you everything thats in there head and expect you to tell you everything your thinking?! i dont think so.


This is true with my friends especially when we're high lol


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~