Zeitgeist (Mind-Blowing documentary!)

Have you seen Zeitgeist? If you haven’t, I strongly recommend you do :smile: If you have, I’m starting this topic in case you’d like to discuss it.

From Wikipedia:

"Zeitgeist, the Movie is a 2007 documentary film released online free and on DVD, presenting Christianity, the September 11 attacks, and the US Federal Reserve Bank as being instrumental for social control. According to the website’s “statement”:

Zeitgeist, The Movie and Zeitgeist: Addendum were created as Not-for-Profit expressions to communicate what the author felt were highly important social understandings which most humans are generally not aware of. The first film focuses on suppressed historical & modern information about currently dominant social institutions, while also exploring what could be in store for humanity if the power structures at large continue their patterns of self-interest, corruption, and consolidation.

The second film, Zeitgeist: Addendum, attempts to locate the root causes of this pervasive social corruption, while offering a solution. This solution is not based on politics, morality, laws, or any other “establishment” notions of human affairs, but rather on a modern, non-superstitious based understanding of what we are and how we align with nature, to which we are a part. The work advocates a new social system which is updated to present day knowledge, highly influenced by the life long work of Jacque Fresco and The Venus Project.""

Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Addendum

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

www.thevenusproject.com

yes seen them…

You would probably like this site…

yeah seen it.

was very interesting :3

OBAMA = NWO puppet.

Break free from the chains. Damn Illuminati.

I saw this movie quite awhile ago due to recommendation from a friend. I thought it was very interesting, to say the least, but I’m not completely convinced from its arguments. I thought it was presented well, but at certain parts, they seemed to be stretching the connections a tad too far. That’s just my opinion, though. Overall, I did enjoy it. It brought some fresh information to the table.

I would advise being highly cautious watching that movie. I have seen it as well and my roommate and I found it a little…odd…so we checked some of the statements presented as facts. We found that most (not all) of them had absolutely no historical base and were complete fabrications.

It presents some interesting points, but I would recommend doing some of your own research, before you take a single movie’s word to be absolute fact.

yeah I saw this also. Though I will say that it does still lead to some interesting arguements. Half of what he says is false or is a misrepresentation of the facts. He will say something that is true but at the same time he will mention something that is false. That makes it easier to get people to believe what is said is entirely true.

I only believe it because it makes sense and it is what I see.

Me too. :grin:

But I do agree completely with the caution and research part. And we all agree each one of us can have different views and opinions, which is very natural and can lead to great friendly discussions sometimes. :smile:

But, on the other hand, I don’t believe just because WE can’t prove or understand some of the things in the movie it means they are fabrications. The religion part, for example (which is highly controversial, of course), is based on records that don’t even exist in english (only latin and/or hebrew, I think), so it wouldn’t be something you can find on wikipedia :wink:

Anyway, thanks for watching. Agreeing or not, doesn’t really matter right now. I just think we should all open our eyes and minds. I mean, the world IS a mess, that’s a fact! :sad:

Yeah, i saw this Movie.

Btw:
Zeitgeist is german and means translated: “Timeghost”

The second one seemed interesting, but the first one seemed like 3/4 bs. I think I read somewhere that after addendum was released the autthor said he didn’t believe a lot of the stuff in the original to be true anymore. I still want to do some research into the facts behind addendum, but it looks like it is mostly believable.

Also, the literal translation of Zeitgeist is ‘timeghost’ or ‘timespirit’, but it interprets to the ‘spirit of the times’.

EDIT – wait a sec, this topic is two months dead. I don’t get flogged for sloppy seconds on someone else’s topic necrophillia, do I?

@ Ysim’s bolded words: YES, oh pantheons yes. I’ve met Zeitgeist fans who refuse to even consider any counter-arguments to the zeitgeist on the basis that they must be cooked up by the conspiracy heads (or blind bland stupid followers of the conspiracy heads.) That’s not healthy. Please at least consider the weaknesses in the proposal, and not just swallow it whole because it would be that much cooler if it were true.

I agree with the above post, especially about the part of Zeitgeist on Christianity. I mean, sure, Christianity is largely Pagan-based and not very original, but there are so many accounts of a Jesus Christ character from different sources that such a person probably existed. Realistically, he didn’t perform miracles. He wasn’t the son of God. But he probably existed.

Anyway, to make a short story long, I think any kind of movie like Zeitgeist should be taken with a grain of salt.

making sense does not (always) make something true. previous to the development of empirical science, philosophers used reasoning to determine truth. empirical science proposed the idea of doing experiment to test that reasoning. quantum theory physicists because it violated logic and at the same time empiricism validated it.

if physicists had relied on what makes sense (to them) we wouldn’t have quantum theory.

as for the movie reflecting what you see, well, if you didn’t, the movie might not have had much appeal to you.

I literally mean SENSE as in I sense it is true. It is quite intuitive. No need for reasoning. :peek:

I’ve seen it too. Really made me think.
Also found this.